Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    trilandun            07-18-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Just curious about who has the oldest wakeboard craft? I am just finishing up refurbishing my 1969 Crestliner Raider. Put on new paint, replaced the transom, did some fiberglas work, put on a tower, put in a stereo, put carpet in, relocated the gauges to a new custome build gauge pod above the steering wheel instead of in the dash by my knee. Post some pics of your late model boat, lets see what gets us by the poor years. :-)

I will post some pics when get my friends digital camera.

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   

This is a 1975 Rayson Craft. It is basically a mini day boat. It has 600 lbs of hard tank ballast 100 lbs of lead. It also has Perfect Pass which is dialed in. A 3 port heater for those cold days. Thirteenth floor tower to hold all the boards and a bimini top. Which my dad hates. What I love most about this boat is the 400 hp and the the massive wake it throws.
Old    wakemark            07-18-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
Dave,

Let's see a pic of the wake from that bad-boy!
Old     (xbar)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
Wakemark,
Here is a pic of the wake that the '75 Rayson-Craft throws. Sorry I couldn't get a better angle on it, but this should give you an idea.

RC wake
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
wow, that's not bad. Is that an inboard?

Did I see that boat on MTV's 'PIMP MY BOAT'?
Old    trilandun            07-18-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
XBar,

Did it come with those ballest tanks or did u put them in? That is a sweet ride and a big wake for a 1975. Where did u put the lead?
Old     (xbar)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
It is a v-drive with a Ford 460 in it so that weighs the stern down. We then welded a ballast tank under the bow and ran pumps to fill/drain as needed which holds 600lbs of lake. The lead is moved around as needed depending on the number of passengers.

It's very much the version of "Pimp my Boat!" Check out this pic on the trailer!

75 RC
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
here are some more custom pics. I don't have a recent pic of the dash with PP installed!

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-18-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Found a pic of the PP gage! Oh, the ugly dude is me and the little dude is my best friend! My son Morrison!!
Old    wakemark            07-19-2005, 7:06 AM Reply   
Dave, I had a feeling you were packin a huge wake with that thing! Very nice! I think it is awesome that you have put the time and energy in to such a unique boat. I hope you and Morrison have many years of good clean fun!!!!
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
I can't believe more people have not posted pictures of their unique old wakeboard boats. I am disappointed. I want more.
Old    obsurfer            07-21-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
That is so cool and a great wake!
Old    zboomer            07-22-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
That's an awesome boat man, congrats on all the work, wow.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
Any of use that remember the days of daycruisers, jets with 100 yard roster tails, 90 MPH flats, and sparkle gel coat have to smile when we see your boat. My earliest skiing/boating memories were in a mini daycruiser very similar to yours. Very cool boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
I have ridden Dave's boat many times. I would compare his wake to the VLX wake. If he added more than just that one balast tank, it may produce a much better wake. I dig riddgin behind that boat. Landed my first Blind 180 behind it.