Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    cdubs            07-20-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hey everybody just wanted to see whos gonna be coming out next week. Its not a contest like what some people have misunderstood but rather a riding event that will be filmed for the mags and videos and a big fun party. Alot of crazy riding is gonna be going down the whole time and some of the rails that are being built are gonna be insane. Insane, like if you dont make it down the whole rail you got a free ambulance ride. Anyway cali show your support.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hey Chris where is it going down at?
Old    cdubs            07-20-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
its a private lake near los banos that our buddy doug goodman lives at. hes got the only house on the lake and has alot of land so its gonna be good. anybody can camp there or do whatever.
Old     (doubleup144)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-20-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Where abouts near Los Banos? Post more details...time, location, etc.
Old    norcal_99            07-20-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
Directions:
If your coming from So Cal, take 5 North until you reach the 152 towards Los Banos. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and make a right at the Dos Pallos exit. Then your going to make a left at Denton, right at Indiana, left at Merril, right at Fairfax and you cant miss it on your left side.

Look for posted signs at each turn. The drive is about 2.5 hours north of Bakersfield.

If your coming from Nor Cal just do the same. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and follow the above directions.

Old    norcal_99            07-20-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
If it helps do a Mapquest or Yahoo Maps on the city Dos Palos, CA with the intersection of Merrill Ave and Fairfax Ave.

(Message edited by norcal_99 on July 20, 2004)
Old    rypayne            07-20-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
in case it doesn't work for other people. i had to put in MERRILL AVE & FAIRFAX AVE for anything to come up. just tryin to help and the whole thing sounds like it will be pretty sick. if we find that intersection will we find the party?

(Message edited by rypayne on July 20, 2004)
Old    rypayne            07-20-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
thats weird, you just changed it
Old    cdubs            07-20-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
yeah if you can find those intersections your set. we will have posted signs also to make it even easier.
Old    norcal_99            07-20-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
I spelled Merrill with only one l so I edited my post. I also added Ave after each street name to help.
Old    norcal_99            07-20-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey Chris, I left you a voicemail. Looks like I'll be coming down to check it out.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
What are the dates/times again?
Old    cdubs            07-20-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
Hey guys ill heres the press release so its on here also:

Alright everybody, this is the event that the west coast has been waiting for since wakeboarding started. The mastermind pushing this event is none other than Ricky Ephrom from Big Block Productions and the whole Big Block Crew. Rephrom Has put Cali on the wakeboard map with his photos and film more than anybody else and its time to see how Big Block throws an event.

The event is going to last four days at a private unnamed lake in Central Cali thanks to Doug Goodman. The dates are going to be July 26-29. The first two days (July 26-27) will be the building party and the second two days (July 28-29) will be the riding party. The only requirements for a company to sponsor this event is to know how to build a rail. Trust me, by the end of day two with all the people behind this event, this no name lake is going to look like the craziest slider park you've ever seen. Rails already exist at this lake that are 15 feet above land and 100 feet long. This place is no joke.

Your going to see pro wakeboarder's such as Ricky Gonzales, Chris Williams, Josh Smith, Kyle Murphy, Cody Hall, Mike Schwenne, Melissa Marquardt, Doug Goodman, Ricky Arslanian and Wes Elward put their lives on the line hitting rails you never thought you'd see in your lifetime. Also, pro wakeskaters such as Lief Erkilla, Tim Kovacich, Melissa Marquardt, Steve Wahlman and James Kelley will be there pushing wakeskating to that next level its barely started to see.

In order to keep this party live, underground Hip Hop groups such as "Art of Facts" and "Dirty Heads" will be there as well as world known "DJ Mikie Smithers" and the reggae band "The Neighborhood."

This whole idea just came up and so far companies such as Big Block Productions, No Fear, Rip Curl, Kampus Wakeskates, RythemX, Collective Development, Hyperlite, Focus Athletics and Sobe Energy Drinks are already on the list for rails and its growing fast. We are going to limit this private lake to 25 crazy rails, so if you want your company to be a part of the biggest wakeboard event in Cali, its pretty simple. BUILD.

Things to know

We will accept seven outlaw/semi pro riders into this event to ride with the pros
July 26 - 27 is going to be all building and no riding
July 28 will be an all day practice day and photo shoot
July 29 is the main event/party hosted by Big Block Productions and everybody is welcome to attend
Ricky Ephrom will be doing a full story in Wakeboard Magazine
There's a lot of land around this lake so everybody will be camping (Motorhomes, tents, trailers, etc.)
If you own a 50 bring it. There will be ramp jumping, a track and some fun night racing during the parties
Big Block will be filming for their upcoming DVD's
These parties will go down in history
About 20 pro riders will be there as well as our outlaw riders
Live music
No little rails will be allowed (under 40 ft) unless for wakeskating
No companies will be allowed to solicit at this event if you have not built an approved rail by us, "The Riders."
TV crews will be there
This is the one wakeboard event you don't want to miss

Contacts

To sponsor this event contact Ricky Ephrom at (888) 448-9637 or Ricky@BigBlockProductions.com.

To be a rider in this event contact Chris Williams at (818) 402-5767 or Chris@RythemX.com.

Directions

If you are coming from So Cal, take 5 North until you reach the 152 towards Los Banos. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and make a right at the Dos Pallos exit. Then you are going to make a left at Denton, right at Indiana, left at Merril, right at Fairfax and you cant miss it on your left side. Look for posted signs at each turn. The drive is about 2.5 hours north of Bakersfield.

If you are coming from Nor Cal just do the same. Take the 152 towards Los Banos and follow the above directions.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-20-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
Come on guys, it's all ball bearings these days...

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/bigblock1.asp
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-20-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   

And I have a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich, put it on the Underhills bill
Old     (mxjustin)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
What magazines will I be able to see the pictures of the slider party? I would love to come but I live in Texas.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
i will be there for sure, only a 40 minute drive, so anyone can come and throw up a tent and just stay there the whole time???
Old    cdubs            07-21-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Yeah anybody is welcome to come hang for however long you want to. A bunch of pros will be out that arent listed so its a good time to come hang, camp and party with everyone. Plus Focus Atheltics is going to build two diferent 50 tracks. One is going to be a circle track with just 4 birms and thats going to be the party track with fun racing games going on at night or day then the other will be hits and birms and a normal track to flow through. So yeah tell everybody to bring thier 50's.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-21-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
is rick ephrom any way related to nora ephrom?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-29-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Anyone check this out yet? Pics, videos...?
Old    rypayne            07-29-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
what time do things start today?
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       07-29-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
Hey Chris...Whats up? Who all is going to be there?
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
well ricky gonzales and kyle murphy are there at this very moment and will be through the weekend, i just got home from there its worth the trip they have some of the sickest sliders i have seen, also another ripper is doug goodman if you get a chance to watch him ride its well worth it
Old    gw_mark            07-30-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
Hey BK, I was there on Wednesday to see the "practice session" but they didn't have anything done. How many sliders were set up? I talked to Doug and he said that there were to be bands and other things going on, what did you get to see out there? When I was there Ricky G was at HomeDepot picking up a truck full of slider material, just missed him. Doug was a very cool guy.

(Message edited by gw_mark on July 30, 2004)
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
ya doug is sick, um well they are finishing up a fat slider today, last night ricky g and chris williams were hitting the pool to slider over the car to pool to slider to the lake which was really dope to see, i will post more info later but i gotta go, o and ya a DJ came out last night
Old    gw_mark            07-30-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Cool so they got the slider finished after the pool, I know they were talking about that but when I was there they had yet to build it. They were also looking at some kind of slider from land into a deep area just as you came in. If you took any pictures that would help too. Thanks for the update BK. I bet they were going to go all weekend out there too huh?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
well I was there all day thursday and it was lame. only got to see one slider in the water and here is a pic I will post others of gatorboards slider in a few
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
ooops
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
sick slider
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
Yeah cant tell but that is Ricky G. hitting it
Old    gw_mark            07-30-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
Ben do you have any more pics?
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
ya they are going to be going all weekend, there are now two sliders in the water, the new one is way sicker than the one in the pic, i cant remember how long but it was massive

Ben- what time did you leave yesterday? i agree it was kinda lame during the day but it was pretty sick at night, there isnt enough riding going on out there during the day
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
Here is the post of the Gator Slider over the car, across the elevated pond, ole on to the slider into the pond
http://www.wakepics.com/img/11344

(Message edited by dadthedriver on July 30, 2004)
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-30-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
Hey Ben how far did mcclure end up being? Why isnt tony on AIM? We want to see his new video :-) :-)
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 10:55 PM Reply   
from clovis 2 hours. They did not come home with video
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
Yeah I think I have a pic of the long one going up It was going to be sick... We missed the under the lights session because we had to haul the abandon drunk girl back to Fresno and when we got back at 10 it was all over. I have tons more pics I post to wake pics and give a link
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-30-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
Haha fun. Did you guys hit Millerton this evening? I was going to go out but I had to move some stuff to Monterey. When is the wakeboarding at wolf lakes? Tomorrow or Sunday? Let me know Ben. Have a good one, tell Tony I said what's up.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 12:10 AM Reply   
wolf on Sunday riding starts around 9:30 am just make sure you make the right turn from the driveway between the houses to get to the right lake.

(Message edited by dadthedriver on July 31, 2004)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Ben, what's up? How did tony do over the camp? Gonna have to see his vid next time we get together. Got your message about the trip, doesn't look like we'll make it, Alicia can't get the time off, and I have a state real estate exam on the 17th. Maybe later in the year or plan a kick ass trip next summer, that way I'll be able to actually ride. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Ben-are you guy that was taking the sequenced shots of the drunk girl that fell out of the chair? that girl was hillarious
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-31-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
LOL that was me tehy are to funny
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-31-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
haha awesome you should post some so everyone knows what they were missing out on- the most drunk girl i have ever seen
Old    rypayne            07-31-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
i have a little bit of video of ricky and chris from thursday. i'll get it on here soon. i thought it was a great day.
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-02-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
ya everyone it was fun, not all the sponsors showed up to build thier stuff, but Big Block, Ridin High, Gator Boards, SWAT, Double Up, all showed up and did some cool GB those guys are the guys. special thanks to all the riders who showed up Chris Williams, Ricky Gonzalez, Kyle Murphy, Josh Smith, Doug Goodman, Steve Wahlman, Andy Lazarus, our little hommie Tyler(sorry I forgot his last name), and a couple of unknown riders that killed it, thankx. and to all the companies and riders who clamied they were coming out to help build and ride, you know who you are, you guys are pretty lame....
except for Rip Curl, No Fear, and Melissa Marquardt, that had legitamate excuses....