Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-28-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
hey guys. i need help on riding switch, like i can get up and ride inside the wake but i want to be able to jump.when i ride inside the wake its not very comfterable for me. email me back with ur tips and thoughts
Old                07-28-2003, 5:06 PM Reply   
Practicing is the only way to get there. I still am not nearly as comfortable riding switch as I am regular... but I am trying to work at it.

It is really frustrating at first because you feel like you are back at day one... but it will pay off in the long run.
Old                07-28-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Just ride switch all day long one day, and try everything you can do normally even if you fall, you'll eventually get to the point where it's easy.
Old                07-29-2003, 3:46 AM Reply   
yeh I think you just have to put in some solid time riding switch. Also i find it helps to think about it.Like reversing how I nornmally would ride.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
The best advice I ever got for learning to feel comfortable switch is to get up switch every other time. Riding regular is great but if you don't make switch a part of your routine it will always feel funny. No matter how long my regular foot run is the next time I always get up switch.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2003, 10:27 AM Reply   
Get on a skateboard switch and learn to "chop" (pushing the tail down and turning to gain momentum). You can do this for hours without wasting any gas. Once your are comfortable chopping switch, get on your wakeboard. Switch will have become much more comfortable.
Old                07-29-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
ok.. here is my question..... i can ride switch but i face plant every time i go to switch back to normal... any help?
Old                07-29-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
Ha, I hate learning switch...but I won't give up. When I try to change to switch I do face plants (most of the time) but when I switch back to regular I don't. I find it way harder switching to fakie
Old                07-29-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
yeh that happened to me last weekend. I can do a switched ollie or switched surface 180, easy. SO i decided to take it off the wake, but i didn't get the air i needed, so i caught a big toeside edge. i threw up afterwards :-)
Old                07-29-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
What I do to avoid those painful, annoying, head-ache-inducing, brain-drowning, face plants is, whenever you go to switch, ride up to the top of the wake on your toeside and then do a kinda minor heelside edge towards the other wake, this should make you sideways. Whenever you get back behind the boat just face the board forward with whatever foot your switching to up front.
Or you can surf carve to change.