Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-15-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Ok. I need some help on decided between these two boards. Can anyone tell me about the feel, pop, and landings on these two. I have heard good things about both. I have rode the player, and it felt good, but there are some nice deals going on with the 07 Transcend right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old    kidrik            08-15-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
You will probably get an even split on responses! Both great boards! Demo if you can to see what's best for YOU!!

That said, I love my 07 Transcend!

I don't think you can lose either way!

Good luck!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
There's a lot of hardcore CWB fans on here, so you'll probably get more people to tell you to go for the Transcend.

IMO, the Transcend is a kick ass board, but I love my natural. The Natural is light, fastest board I've ever ridden, and loads of pop. It's only downfall is the landing are a bit rough sometimes.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-15-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
Another for the transcend.. its a little slower but with the huge rocker level it kicks. and the landings are super soft.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
C-DUB fan all the way. From there boards to the people that run the show. Cant get in with a better company then CWB.

Oh the Transcend is a sick board.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-15-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
I have a natural and have to say the landing are really soft. The first thing I noticed whenever I rode it for the first time was the fast speed and the big pop.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-15-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Natty is a sick ride! Super poppy and fast as a bullet.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
For real get the Natural I rode it w/o the center fins and it was sweet a$$
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Have not ridden the Transcend, but the Natural is sweet. Huge pop, a good bit faster than the player and just loose enough to easily break free while tracking like a missile.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
It seems you can't go wrong either way...

with that said, get the Transcend
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-15-2007, 11:33 PM Reply   
im all for the transcend but talking about super soft landings the Marius lands softer then any other board ive ever been on.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
On this board I think you'll be pretty equal. These are two of the most loved boards around here. I dig the Transcend. Best board I've ever ridden.

See which company has the best local representation in case of a warranty issue, try to demo and pick which suits your style.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
OK I'll play...

Natural all the way!!

But it would be really interesting to here from someone that has actually ridden both boards.

Anyone???
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I’ve ridden both. I didn’t ride the Transcend long enough to take full advantage of it’s potential as I didn’t have time to get used to it. On the other hand, I just hopped on the natural and right away was landing all the tricks I could with my previous board (shane) but just taking it way bigger. So as gay as it may sound the natural was the natural board for me.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Ben, is it possible the natural was taking you bigger because it was a new board, and your old shane was beaten up?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-16-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
I guess that’s possible, but now I can do 1080’s on my natural when I could only do 180’s on my shane. Haha. But seriously I don’t think that was a factor because I’ll ride my friends Shane every now and again and I still go bigger on the natural, don’t get me wrong it’s not like I’m going way bigger, but I can tell the difference. I think it’s mainly because the natural has virtually no drag and pops well. The shane has awesome pop, but just not quite as fast.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I can ride most boards (including the universally hated HL Parks board) and with a little work get used to them to the point I can do most of what I can do. However, when I put the Natural I didn't have to get used to any quirks. I didn't have to compensate in any way. It was amazing from the first moment! I didn't think I'd ever quit grinning. I went out and stomped everything I could do and afterwards realized I hadn't fallen and my hair was still dry.

I haven't ridden the Transcend, although I'd really like to.
Old    110outlet            08-20-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
Im coming from riding the 04 substance, and tried a natural and i loved the tracking it gave me and the predictable pop it gave, the board has great flex and you dont lose all your speed when you lay off the gas.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-20-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
I'd be happy to give you a review if you would just send both boards to my house and I'll give them a short 3 month trial...

(Message edited by dcranium on August 20, 2007)
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-21-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
The natural is AMAZING! smooth transitions edge to edge, and VERY FAST! and sweet pop as well.
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
I never tried the Transcend but I tried the Natural and it's a real great board!!! It could feel a bit like the Shane. The Natural is a bit faster and easier to edge but the Shane is looser and land softer. Same kind of board!!! I heard a lot about the transcend... suppose to be a great board!!!!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Another for the Natural- never rode the transend, but the natural is the lightest, fastest board I've been on- HUGE pop, hold the edges really well when you're loading up hard and landings aren't too bad- gets a little squirly when you land way out in the flats- but I went from a continuous rocker board to the natural- XENONS rule too!