Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Well sitting out here on the lake with my buddies X2 getting towed back to shore.

Was wakeskating, saw the boat smoking. We stopped opened the hatch and those rubber hoses on each side of the manifold with those plastic elbows.

The plastic elbows melted and caused the hoses to come undown from the manifold.

Boat was running fine yesterday and before? Any ideas as why that happened?

Does water come in or out of the rubber hoses? Or is that for air?

Thanks for your help

-Chase
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-27-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
You have something clogging the system, or your water impeller failed..
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Kevin, I was thinking a clog but hadn't thought about the impeller.

Still being towed back, had to happen in the middle of the lake.

Thank god for 3g data phones!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-27-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Check with your dealer but I think there was a recall on some of the exhaust elbows as they were not allowing adequate water flow. We never had any that actually melted hoses but I know we swapped a couple of the 08' elbows on MCX engines.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-27-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Happened to a guy on our lake with a 08 X2. The plastic elbow melted and the boat almost overheated. He was pretty nonplussed that a 60k boat uses cheap plastic elbows in the cooling system. There was nothing wrong with the cooling system other than the elbows, once they were replaced with brass ones they were good to go. I believe they also had an exhaust blow out about a month earlier, maybe the issues were related.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Corey.

The hoses didn't actually melt, but the elbows themselves melted (mainily the threads that go into the manifold.)

And for refrence it is the MCX.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-27-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
Maybe got some seaweed/hydrilla in there. Same thing happened on my buddy's X45 and the engine overheated and auto'ed-off while we were heading in. Keep an eye on the temperature gauge.

(Message edited by tcaz on June 27, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yah Ralpj, I was suprised myself that they are plastic,
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
I had that issue happen 3 times in my X1.. they actually had a recall on my boat, the sun deck was two low, and people were stepping on the elbows causing them to crack.. it was horrible.. we tried everything to figure it out, finally replaced them with brass only to find out a week or two later about the recall.. hopefully you'll figure it out the first time
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-28-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
I think this an issue with Indmar. My dealer proactively fixed mine earlier this year to prevent this from happening. Check with your dealer.