Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    jayp            07-28-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Thinking of getting a new board. I currently ride a 2004 Litmus 136 with 2003 EXO's. I Like the board and I love the bindings. I have only ridden a few other boards but I liked the feel of the Litmus over other boards that I have ridden.

I am thinking of getting the Substance 138, and will demo one next week. In the meantime I am curious to know the differences between the two boards. If anyone has ridden both, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Old    jayp            08-09-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   
If anyone cares. I did demo the Substance. Fist thing I noticed was that it was not near as loose as the Litmus. Going edge to edge it really locked in and stayed, versus the Litmus where you can wobble around in choppy water if you don't concentrate on your edge. I rode it with the center fin. Forgot to ride without the center fin. Remembered when I was already in the water for my third set and decided to just get up and ride. Not wanting to get back on the boat and remove fins.

The pop was immediately noticable. Much more air, and into the flats. I am not very good so heelside w2w will be how I judge the board. Although I like the board and I get a little more air. I actually like the way the Litmus rides. And just today, I really concentrated on body position, edging, and rope position. I got just as much air most of the time. Before it was like a one in five occassion.

Before I spend 300+ on a new board. I am going to work on my technique and fundamentals. I can still get progress out of the board that I have.

Same thing with my bindings. I have 2003 LF EXO's. And they are yellow. What is funny is the fact that everyone that I ride with, complain about thier feet hurting. I can't even tell I have anything on my feet. I might even buy another pair. $60 new on e-bay.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the newer boots are not nice. I almost bought some new Ultras. I bought a new rope and handle intead.

I think that I will wait until I outgrow my current setup before I spend money on a new one. If I ever do.

Old    mile_high_rider            08-10-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
i got a substance three weeks ago, and have riden it twice(see my rant in find a third if you care), it has a lot more drag, but it felt like it was kicking me straight up.
Old    thebryan12            08-15-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
I ride a 05' LF team very similar to the Litmus. I love the hold of those dam cupped side fins! Yet they are still small enough I can get it loose and spin it freely without catching.I've tried with and without center fin and with those iffy landings can easily be saved.Also Kyle Schimdt is no longer making the Litmus series in 06'.
Old    jayp            08-15-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
I think the only difference between the Team and the Litmus is one has a continuous and the other a progressive rocker. It looks like the Litmus is the Synergy 137 for 2006. As for those iffy landings, I have had the boat start to turn around more than once. Only to have me stand up out of the spray.

(Message edited by jayp on August 15, 2005)
Old    jayp            08-17-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
Another thing I forgot to mention was that the Litmus seems faster than the Substance. When you head into the wake on edge the Litmus takes off. The Substance definately felt slower. At least to me. But that is not a bad thing as I think I hit the wake with too much speed.