Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    maverick_gear            10-12-2003, 9:51 PM Reply   
whats the word on the street? you like GB? what are your dislikes?
Old    lachlantait            10-12-2003, 11:20 PM Reply   
okay possibly are u a gator board rep.
not bad last year had pretty sick graphics
Old    psychon            10-13-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
You guys should come up with smaller sizes for your pro boards. like a 134-136 of gonzelezs, vandalls and gators
Old    jbf            10-13-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
you can,t even buy them in europe.
would love to try one though
Old    vandal            10-13-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
I do ride GB boards and really like the variety in the line. A great board in the 135cm range is the Phantom (or Caddy 35 this year I think). Ride that board with only the molded fins and you'll be hooked.
Old    maverick_gear            10-13-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
ya i might possibly work for GB... and ya i know what you mean about the boards being big, however the true essence of being rider owned and operated has alot to do with giving each rider what he or she wants and as you might notice all pro riders ride boards that are consistently 2-4cm bigger than what you or i might feel would be ideal. gator actually thinks his smaller board is a little to small and almost always rides his 141. so that is why most of the boards are a little bigger in size, but the (phantom)caddy 135 is a very good board. the sinister is a good smaller board and it has a cool graphic for 04.
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-13-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
I ride the '03 Phantom 35 and I love it. I have also ridden the Gonzalez 138 <-(Baller), Baller 138, Harris 143, Savage 141,and the Sinister 137, and to be perfectly honest they are all awesome. I think they have a good range of sizes and styles for the individual rider. SUPPORT RIDER OWNED COMPANIES!!
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-13-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
I'd love to Demo some boards but unfortunately no one arround here carries them. You guys should do a demo tour, and go to all the places that don't carry GB boards and let people demo/buy from you while you're on th road. That would be sick!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
They did do a demo tour--the fully committed tour. Unfortunately the places they went were limited geographically....
Old    maverick_gear            10-13-2003, 11:21 PM Reply   
ya the fully committed tour was a big success unfortunatley we did miss some areas due to time and the shops, if you see GB and you are into it ask your local shop to get some demos in, GB is very good with new shops and if you ask they willc come. awesome cory!! i like most of the GB boards too they are somewhat older in design but they are still very good 04 is goin to be a killer season and yes SUPPORT RIDER OWNED COMPANYS well GB is the only one so....
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-14-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
GB Kicks AZZZZZZ.
I ride the RG 138 and I love it. Paired it with a sweet pair of Zeus's.... what a sick riding and looking combo.
A buddy of mine rides the Harris, taking a huge leap from a 132 byerly to the 142 GB. After he adjusted, he's getting more pop and speed than ever. Safe to say he's hooked!
If you live in or around Texas, GB will have some riders and the van at Waketoberfest (Austin) this weekend and in Dallas the following week.
Hey Maverick, how bout hooking me up with some sweet stickers from GB?? ha ha

btw - check out the '04 lineup at http://www.gatorboards.com/boards.asp
Old    blais22            10-14-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Hey Pablo- the 03 Ricky G is actually a 136. It is the same mold as the pickett which is a 136, but with different graphics. So go out an grab one now and be happy with it. It's a great board that has a lot of pop, and excellent for just about everything. We hung out with the GB crew in Ft. Worth at VTC and had a blast. They are some real cool guys and I like what they are doing for the sport. The harris was going to be next board, now that the ricky is going to be a 141 I'm going to have a tough time picking.
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-14-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
Yep,
I ordered the savage 141 last week and should get it sometime soon.

trace
Old    maverick_gear            10-14-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
ya ricky is keeping his 138(which is really a 136) and is in the midst of tooling a 141 0r 142 it'll probly be ready in the next 1-4 months, the ricky is probly goin to be toned down a scoche from the randall with more consistent rocker and less fins probly with some relief channels in the middle somewhere...
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-14-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
The 04 line-up looks great, but what boards have what type of rocker? Alos, a ton of them have similar dimensions, are they the same with jsut different graphics?
Old    maverick_gear            10-14-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
they haven't completely updated the site yet... it should be redone pretty soon with very detailed discriptions
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2003, 4:32 AM Reply   
I'd buy one in a snap, but they are really only for bigger riders. My 137 Harris is already a little large for my 5'3 frame. Look's like I'm forced to go elsewhere, and it sucks.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-15-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
Josh,
Check the boards out again (http://www.gatorboards.com/boards.asp).
They offer several 136 sizes, the Caddy in a 135, and even a 130.
Your local GB dealer should be able to get some demos for you.
Good luck.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Represent!....would like to see the Ricky come in a 140-142 though.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-15-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
Are there any ACTUAL pictures of the new GBs? Every picture seems to be shots of the graphics and doesnt show the channels or fin orrientations.
Old    maverick_gear            10-15-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
all the 04's that have been built so far have been shipped so fast there was no time for pictures, but Im on that this week. hopefully i'll get done with descriptions and professional grade pictures sometime in the next 2 weeks. then the site will be upgraded. and like i was sayin ricky is in the process of shaping his big board right now so sometime in the next 1-3 months it should be out
Old    mmj420            10-15-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
Big boards are good !
I weigh about 165 and have been riding the harris
..the board is narrower than a lot of boards, especially molded fin boards, so i think overall surface area, the board is not all that big. i rode the 03 premier dna before and i did not think there were poppier boards than that...until i rode the harris. The board has to be the fastest board out there...no joke, and then you hit the wake ...bam. ....hangtime! the length helps with softening landings....so that is nice...and it does not feel like you have extra board on ....the only negative i found was that the board seemed lacking when i rode behind a small-waked sac-deficient boat ! but that is why god invented wakeskates, right?

p.s.-rode the ricky ....very cool, friend rides the phantom, also very cool !

boards seem extra durable !
Old    martini            10-15-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
i ride the harris pro, which has been advertised as a 142 and a 143???not sure which it is really (don't care either)...I love the graphics,the board is super fun, lot's of pop, very quick release off the wake..it's kind of heavy under the feet and my board came with a factory blem...
-all in all, it's a sick ass wackboard
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-15-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
Maverick LTD,
I think Gator Boards would be a heck of a lot cooler if they came with CDI fins. Just my 2 cents though.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-15-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
Lyle,
Where have you been? Haven't seen any post for a while.
Old    maverick_gear            10-15-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
yo lyle i was under the impression we were using your fins on gators new board.....
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2003, 12:05 AM Reply   
Is the Caddy basically the same shape as the Harris? If so, that's damn sweet it's in a 135.

I was going to have to buy a Billy McKee 136...
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-16-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
sydwayz,
Sorry I have been crazy busy we are trying to get our new production set up. We figured out a more efficient way to make our fins, which in turn means we can lower the price that we sell to retailers for. Plus we have added additional holes to our fins so they fit all the new hyperlites and obriens out there.

Maverick,
I don't think you guys are using our fins on gators newboard, unless you are buying them from a retailer. If this is the case I think we can hook you up with a little better price . We talked to Gator at the Portland Pro tour and stopped by the booth at surf expo several times, but you guys seemed pretty busy.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    maverick_gear            10-16-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
ya the new caddy 135 shape has 3-stage quad 1in molded ins and a square tail more like the randall and but no step down rail. its a really good riding board and the caddy graphix are pretty sweet. and the signature 139 is goin to have a quad fin option which will make that board really sick cause it already has a cupped rail and its a really cool black and green gator skin which totally beats the bananna bright yellow
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-16-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Aren't the bottom graphics from the Nautilus very similar, if not identical to graphics from a Badass model in 2000 or so?

http://www.gatorboards.com/images/boards/Nautilus.gif

(Message edited by maestro on October 16, 2003)
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-16-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
From the TX/OK GatorBoard rep on dallaswakeboarding.com:

"Gator had 3-4 designs before acquiring the BaddAss molds from Herbie Fletcher. The Baller and a couple other molds from last year were molds we got from him. So yes if you liked that board it's the same shape."
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-16-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Right on... Just thought it was interesting...