Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
For starters, I own one of the brands and have friends and relatives with the other. After taking so much grief lately about how "inferior" my boat is, I decided to do some research to get the truth based on facts. What was the real difference?

Assuming all manufacturers proclaim to be superior and every dealer says they have the best service, I kept it fair. I visited both manufactures websites searching specifically for construction processes, materials used and what that meant for future durability. I then consulted both dealers asking for more detail on what I found as well as what I had heard from other boat owners. Then I went yet another step further and called the manufacturers warranty departments.

WOW! If you're looking for a boat and would like to hear what I found, please email me or respond to this. In a word...SHOCKING! The conclusion I came to is that I'm 100% happy with my purchase and realize the value in it even more. Please do your homework before you buy...it is essential!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-10-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
I believe the hype. I have one of the two and friends who have the other of the two. They are both top of the line boats....... Stats are the facts.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-10-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Why don't you just post what you found out?
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
I bought a MasterCraft before knowing as much as I do now about boating. I found out a lot about both. Both have features that I like and dislike. I'll give you a couple nuggets. Like I said, I'd been getting some crap. Malibu dealer said both used the exact same suppliers and materials and no difference in quality at all. I asked why they were so much cheaper and the response was that they have a better buying power with suppliers than the others do because its a bigger company.

Truth...some suppliers are same, but different grades of materials, MC fiberglass, resin, gelcoats, carpets, etc. are more costly. Also, for every bolt holding something in a MC, there is a steel backing plate with washers and bolts often inbedded in the glass. Malibu used bolts through the glass with a nut, no extra reinforcements.

MC's also use a molded top so the floor and seats are one big piece. Malibu uses a number of pieces put together. In fact it voids the warranty if you use extra ballast in the rear compartments which is a separate carpet covered composite plastic/false floor above ballast tank. Sticker says no more than 75lbs can be there.

Then the big kicker. According to the factory warranty department (call if you don't believe me!), the cockpit floor on v-drives is basically like that used in honeycomb wakeboards back in the day. I was told it will dent fairly easily by either a foot slammed down or a ski/board dropped with the corner hitting it. Not covered by warranty.

One more...No lead allowed in boat at all. If they find it they won't warranty the floor at all. He even told me that was why they add a removeable carpet piece for additional protection (not for looks and to keep the carpet nice).

Don't believe me, check it out on your own...No bull! I had no idea. It's a decent boat, but more like a chocolate covered turd when you get to the nuts and bolts....
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       11-10-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
wow, did you speak in Fort Myers last week at Mastercraft dealer days? That was almost verbatim. Sweet dude.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sorry no.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
If you know more, let me know, I'd like to hear it.
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       11-10-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
I was being facetious.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Great. I'll just go out and sink my VLX...Thanks. I knew it sucked...I just needed someone like YOU to show me.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Can you say Nautique? Or even Sanger??
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
why do you guys always talk like build quality on boats other than your own are less then par?? untill i see a malibu or other brand snap in half, or bolts pop out, which i have never seen in my 13 years boating, and being around every brand out there, your threads are plain garbage. blows my mind some of the bs out there. I have a friend who has a malibu that is 20 years old, and I'll bet my left nut that boat is in as good if not better shape then your mc boat.
oh yeah, it's a good thing you didn't mention natique as being inferior or you woulda got ol red fired up pretty good.lol
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
oh yeah, i dont' own a malibu. my dad does and i own a centurion. would love for you to do your homework and find out all the faults of my enzo so i too can go out and sink it cuz it dont' take the cake to your mc. goes for the rest of you too.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-10-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
actually i have seen some serious damage to the rear of a malibu from a boat using the wedge.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-10-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
Anyone want to buy a nearly new Malibu, I am suddenly afraid it is going to fall apart and sink next time I use it.

NOT

I wonder why someone who claims to like his boat so much would waste his time trying to prove he made a good decision buying it by running down other boats. I like my boat better than any other within $10,000 of the same price, and not because any of them are bad boats. I like because I like it. Be thankful that people have different tastes or we would all be driving flat black model Ts.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-10-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
This guy gets crap about his choice of boat, and then goes on a rampage to prove otherwise? I've never heard of this before!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-10-2006, 11:15 PM Reply   
!!! STUPID THREAD ALERT !!!
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-11-2006, 12:42 AM Reply   
This may be the beer talking but....

First, did any one actually check his info to be right or wrong? (So as not to play sides it would be benificial to his case to give numbers he called or any other info that would back his case)...

Lastly, this thread, as well as any other malibu vs. mastercraft vs. nautique vs Boston Whaler is irrelivent (spelling) because from my limited experience, people buy the brand they like with the features they like for the reason they like, because they rode behind a boat they liked with a wake shape they liked (and because they could afford it).. not because some vague thread saying x brand is better than v brand cause "aliens" told me so.

sorry about the rant but i think ownership goggles are taking over wakeworlds threads that could (and do) offer legitimate advice to those with real questions.

While im on this stupid little rant i might as well finish...
1) opinions are opinions. No one can say anyones opinion is stupid (even if it is), but should offer advice and reasoning oposing such opinions

2)If someone has a question about brand "a," or brand "a" vs. "b"....dont chime in and say MALIBU with out saying WHY malibu....(more than likely malibu---im only using the name here, not hating the company------has been considered and reasoned out.

3) I read all the threads and peoples input and chime in every once in a while, but there is no point in posting a thread with no purpose in mind.... especially if it is just to hate on some company, even if they suck, again, not anti any company, just saying...

(I will apologize tomorrow) (end rant)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-11-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
Has anyone that is bashing Mark visited both factories to see if it's true, or are you just bashing becaues he hurt your feelings because you own a Malibu. Facts dont lie, BU doesnt use backing plates, doesnt use a one piece floor, and I dont know about the gelcoat materials. MC engineers think its a necessity, BU engineers dont. There is nothing anyone here can do about how those two companies engineer. But, those extras cost more, and those costs are trickled down to the consumer. So its not just advertising that creates a higher cost on a MC. At the same time who here really know if you actually need those extras? I sure dont....

BTW, I am the MC owner Duffy above was talking about. We alternate boats, we used mine yesterday, and I think his boat is very well built boat. But, I prefer my boat and my wake to his, and he like his better than mine. It's all personal preference....

BTW2, while all you guys bash each other about whose boat is a piece of S....Me and Duffy will be riding today in his 06 Wakesetter, its his turn, and trying to become better wakeboarders....
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
I don't think the point of Mark's post was to tell all Malibu owners they should go sink their boat, or you boat sucks. The point of it was to keep non boat owners informed of the real differences between the products. As much as you think this thread is BS, all of his points are true. Like it or not. Malibu sells more boats than any other inboard company in the world, that doesn't mean they are the best built. One of the best points in this thread is that everyone has personal preference and picks the boats they like, but there are plenty of people on this website that don't have a boat and are looking for good facts on what boat companies offer what. Thanks for the info Mark! If any malibu owner wants to start a thread on the construction of their boats and backs it up with facts, i would like to hear what they have to say.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-11-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Basically, we have two group here. Those saying this thread is useful, and those saying this is BS.

For what it's worth, I think those calling BS are just tired of all the brand vs. brand threads. You have to admit, those speading 50K on a wakeboat and seeing it trashed in a thread are going to pipe in. It ALWAYS goes this way.

I just say no more brand vs. brand threads.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-11-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
I would bet that there are more old Nautiques than Malibus and Mastercrafts combined...On the other hand there are also a lot of old Sangers running around....Hmmm..I wonder do they use backing plates or is their hull layup think enough so they don't have to? Hey someone go to the factory and check that out for me.

Thanks.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Mark VL, go to the MB factory and give us a report, then go to CC and Sanger....lets see what you have to say then.
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       11-11-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
Man, its a good thing someone finally brought this topic up. I was getting tired of seeing all the Malibu,Mastercraft,Nautique,Supra, Moomba, lets see your ride threads.
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
I'm with Ryan...

I feel almost all of todays boats are well built and is really not worth debating as 99% of the people on here (myself included) know just enough to be dangerous as far as building a boat from scratch.

Tacklberry... before you call 100% bullsh*t again... the 99% is just an estimation and not derived from an actual poll... so chill

Enjoy your boats and most importantly let other people enjoy their boats... of course this does not apply to:

1) Actual structural hull/motor mounting/etc. problems... if that is the case we would all like to learn from it by seeing posted pictures along with a detailed description of what led up to the problem.
2) Dealers... if they get on here pushing their monkey poop on everyone... I say let them have it
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Frankly, it sounds like you had a conversation with a MC dealer. It's the same stuff you hear from all of them. Also, you own one. Take off the ownership goggles, and listen to the whole story, not just the parts that make MC so good. I own neither, but have driven both MCs and Malibus ALOT. I had a 97 Bu that was awesome, I have a friend who has a 205V that is a pile that I wouldn't trade for a broken kneeboard. I'm sure some else has a story that flips the two.

Only two reasons to post the information you did:
1) your selling boats
2) trying to justify a boat that you are somewhat questioning, and your trying to get us to justify it.
Old    K.B.C.            11-11-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
I smell an MC Troll
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-11-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
I have an uncle who knows a guy that has girlfriend who's sister's friend knows this other guy that saw someone with another guy who was in this Mastercraft that reportedly ran over a guy in a Malibu. Neither boat faired well.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-11-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
Wow, just got up. Didn't think there would be this much buzz. If you read it, it was simply stating that I wanted to know the difference between the two because there is a $$$ difference. I now know what the difference is. I also stated that there were things I liked about the Malibu. Fuel fills on boht sides is cool, the wedge is helpful for the family that likes to do it all, but I simply don't prefer the wake it makes. Plush interior, looks good.

The whole point some missed, some didn't. When buying a boat, do some homework, don't just believe what one place tells you over another. It's an investment in fun. I'm just saying that what I found shows me I have nothing to prove, product quality (which is what was being bashed) speaks for itself. I've riden and driven them all at comps, all get you on the water.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
NMMA ALERT !!! Malibu Owners less hat 80% satifaction...BU did not make the FINALS.
GUESS WHAT ??? NMMA is not a bought award like POWERBOAT or JD POWERS.

Ask any skier at Cypress Gardens how the boats are holding together. Or should I say FALLING APART. Boats going back to the factory coming back with the OLD motors w/ over 800 hours on them, (HULLs LESS THAN 6 months old) HYDRODAMPINING boxes leaking so bad that they have to be out back on the lifts to drain them, the bildge pumps run 100% of the time. TRACKING fins falling off. Key switches falling out when the boat starts. Having to drill though the false floor to bolt back on the fins, windshields coming loose. Boats cracking in half. Boats stalling then ending up on the tires in the middle of a show, Pylons coming out.

OH YEAH they are built REAL GOOD...

FACT NOT FANTASY !!! Just adding some fuel to the fire !!!
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-11-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Keep in mind they abuse thier boats more than most.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       11-11-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Anyway, ya'll have fun, I just put some info out there. Take it as you will.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Red I will go along with you on CC quality but Sanger is a POS. I was in Sanger a few weeks ago and its not half the quality of CC, MC, Or even Bu IMO. I have a few pics of the underside of a Bu and it definitely shows screws through glass with no backing plate for example the windshield is just screwed into the top deck, no backing plates no nuts. Screws will not hold in glass its too brittle to hold for long periods of time. You should know this Red from putting many boats back together.
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
TJK... I'm sure Indmar motors never stall in a Mastercraft but continually stall in a Malibu.

Whats the air quality like in there? I know its dark... but it must smell bad as well... Jeez
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-11-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Paper or Plastic......Mayonaise or Miracle Whip......Taste Great or Less Filling......Ribbed or Studded......T.ts or A$$.............................(Voice of Liam Lynch)"Whatever..."

FWIW - Have been in many boats from both of these manufacturers. Have had some great experiences in both, have had some not so much. Have paddled back/been towed in more MCs so obviously my preference is more of a Malibu thing...I urge peeps to EXPERIENCE THE BOATS FOR YOURSELVES. Don't rely on words that for all we know could have been typed in by an 11 year old with ADHD....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Mark, Cypress Gardens had MCs for years and they were abused just as bad. I know I worked there for years. We never had as many quality issues as they do now with Malibu, they even had one crack down the keel! I have never seen a boat by any Mfg do that.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-11-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
BTW - My apoligies to any 11 year olds the ADHD out there for the reference between them and some of the retarded opinions on this board...
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Billy,

Do you have any pictures of this cracked keel, how many hours did it have on it, where was it used, how was it used, was it ever in a collision, what ever became of it, etc, etc, etc.

Unless you can provide a little backup... just sounds like another UFO sighting... sorry
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Are inboard boats not named Mastercraft or Nautique falling apart around me left and right, and I'm just not seeing it? Built differently doesn't necessarily mean built worse.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Sorry dont have it damaged but this is it after Malibu fixed it, these are the only ones I could find. The screw pic is one of the screws holding the windshield on (no backing plate) So I guess it still could be a UFO sorta
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
I would have to agree that screw without backing doesn't look very sanitary... it actually seems retarded to me.

I wonder if a poly backing plate isn't glassed in so as to make it a quick one man/one side install? That way it would be structurally OK but just look bad from the underside. Anyone out there work at the Malibu factory that can provide some specifics?

Thanx for the pics...
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
I think all Mark was trying to say is to do your research (If it even matters to you) and don't believe everything you are told by a salesperson. I know Malibu likes to claim they are built as well (or better depending on dealer) than any of their competitors. Every bit the same for less money. I have had friends with both boats and they each have had some things happen with their boats...MC's were really minor but the Malibus had trouble with the floors feeling soft in spots and always having a lot of water in the bildge for no known reason.
Most people buy what the feel is the best value for them. What they can afford. In reality most don't keep the boat long enough to care how it is built.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
I looked its all glass.
Upload
this the bow light
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
I looked its all glass.

this the bow light
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Christy,

When you say:

"In reality most don't keep the boat long enough to care how it is built"

I would have to agree; however, what about the used boat buying public? I think we would all agree there are way more used boats than new ones; therefore, I think there are more people who care about quality than not.

Just a thought.
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-11-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Billy, how old it that bu?

The new ones have pop up bow lights.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
06 with 10hrs on it at the time. I think pop ups are options I think.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Listen, if it floats, it's a boat, right???

I understand why Mastercrafts are more expensive - they are better built boats. Anyone who's spent a good amount of time in/around boats knows this. BUT, the small intricacies of build quality do JACK SQUAT for fun quotient and usability. steel-plate backed screws?? That just means that the customer is paying more for something that is a tiny detail.

If someone asks me what the best-built boat on the market is, I tell them Mastercraft and Nautique. This is a fact. Does that mean other boats are going to fall apart?? NO WAY. In fact, the operating lifetime of other MFGs (Tige, Malibu, Centurion, Sanger, Etc) is probably equal to that of MC and CC.

So, really, what difference does it make how well-built your boat is as long as it WORKS (and I'm pretty sure every manufacturers boats work)?? I want an end to the pissing contests about "Malibus rock" and "Mastercrafts Slay Malibus".

Listen, some are built better than others. We know that. but WHAT DOES IT MATTER IN THE END??? The answer is: it doesn't.

If you think it's a big deal that your boat uses all stainless hardware... great. We know that's nicer. May you remember this phrase: A boat is a boat is a boat.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
...and he drives away in his Yugo, and lives happily ever after.
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-11-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
Mark is a flamer. He talks like he knows anything about build quality of boats. It's funny, the only people who flame on Wakeworld seem to be MC owners. I feel sorry for some MC owners because other people like Mark give you guys a bad wrap. He doesn't know anything about structural integrity of materials. He just guilty of drinking the MC Kool Aide.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       11-11-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Here is some science for you...take the time to read all of the posts, and check to see in the profiles which boat they own. SURPRISE!!!! Thanks for all the wonderful information Mark, I appreciate the time and effort you took to do your research. It is refreshing to know you felt the need to post your findings in this forum, and that you are deeply concerned with the lack of quality workmanship in "certain" manufaturers product. I have no doubt that your motives were honorable and well intentioned.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-11-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Unfortunately all makes of boat owners are quilty of the flaming. I think that is one thing that is the same with everyone...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-11-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
problem should not be how they are built, but what they are charging for them
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       11-11-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
listen, mc and bu are both great boats, stop b....in
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-11-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Since when did a MC become more expensive then Malibu? When I was buying a new boat in 2004, a loaded X2 was about the same price as a loaded VLX. With some options, the VLX was more expensive. I don't know what the pricing is now, but I am sure the same holds true if you compare similar Models.
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Before I went out and purchase my "used boat", I did ton's of research in the archive reading threads after threads and going through all the pooh from owner's googles. And the verdict seems to be this: Mastercrafts are well built boats with lots of mechanical problems and Malibu's fall apart. Given that there are alot of BU's owners out there, but they don't seem to keep 'em very long.

I don't make alot of money like some you, but I wanted to spend the extra $$$ on a quality use boat that will last awhile. That's why I bought my boat. After owning a Natique for a few months I just wanna say "Correct Craft blows Mastercrafts and Malibus out of the water!" Sorry, owner's googles. It all comes down to this "You get, what you pay for."
Old    K.B.C.            11-11-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
uh oh, can o'worms officially opened
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Here's your proof FALSE FLOOR...sorry for the POOR picture quality. The fins on this Malibu had to be through bolted to continue the show... Drilled holes in the FALSE floor then through the hull. It has happened on every BU that has gone into the gardens. I don't want to hear any crap about " Oh they are hard on there boats" ya so what. This kind of stuff should not happen...period.

You wanted proof...here it isUpload
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-11-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I'm not going to name any brands or anything, but just because you spend a lot of money, doesn't mean it is the best.

Most of these high prices comes from owning the name.

BUT like others have said, do you homework...take a look at the fiberglass, look at the wiring, push your hand on the hull, knock all over the freaking boat, talk to boat technicians, etc.

Salesmen will tell you anything to sell you anything.
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-11-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
CRob, "So what exactly do you get for spending the extra $$$?"--peace of mind.

Don't get me wrong. I love riding behind a Bu; I just don't want to own one.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
John you said Bu's fall apart and MC has Mechanical problems? How does that work? They both have Indmar motors.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
WORST THREAD EVER.

(Message edited by madchild1 on November 11, 2006)
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2006, 11:41 PM Reply   
EVER! EVER!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-12-2006, 12:01 AM Reply   
This is getting pretty bad.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-12-2006, 4:22 AM Reply   
Dont believe the hype on either and buy a Supra. Win win.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-12-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
tell my friend here his BU is badly constructed

Upload
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
No knocks on Tigé yet?

Upload
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-12-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Heck, avoid the hype in the towboat scene all together... buy a Regal.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
evilOne that has been covered enough and we all know they SUCK
Old     (wakeboardaddy)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-12-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
evilone, how could anyone knock a Tige' we're talkin' lifetime warranty on the hull, they will replace entire boat with a new one.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-12-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Exactly why people knock on them... It's like Kia offering a 10 year warranty on their cars. Tige should be given an award for marketing excellence.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-12-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
My Toyota is built better than ALL boats mentioned so far, period, end of story:-) NYAAAHHHHH!!!

Stupidest thread of the year award goes to......
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-12-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
evilone, how could anyone knock a Tige' we're talkin' lifetime warranty on the hull, they will replace entire boat with a new one.

Jeff..be careful Hull vs motor is different Other Boat companies
offer Lifetime tranferalble warranties...not the motor
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
i think everyone should go to air nautuiqe and supra cause there both bad
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-12-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
It would really be nice to hear someone legitimately argue the points that TK, Billy and Mark bring up. If all you say is these guys don't know anything about materials and structure then tell us why they are wrong. I have not read any good counter arguments to theirs.

These threads don't have to be useless. The people that can't debate legitimate differences make them useless and call the threads “useless.”

I’m not saying they are right or wrong I don’t know.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-12-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Here's why, because it's new boat season and every boat salesman on earth is full of the latest "talking points" to be used to bash other brands. Just typing it into a forum post doesn't make it true. Go look at a boat yourself, kick the tires, ride on other peoples boats, take some test drives and make your own judgement. If you don't know, you should find out for yourself instead of relying on some insipid post on an internet forum before you spend 60 large.

FYI, TJK or whatever is a known rabid MC nazi, he bashes every other boat at any opportunity. He is a tool and should be ignored, like the people in his real life probably do.
Old    troystubb            11-12-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
dose it matter what anyone thinks about other boats. we all have are own prefrences on the boats we like and think are well constructed, lets face it you are all talking about high end tow boats, and each has its problems and its high points,
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-12-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
I have been to the MC factory in Knoxville...Info provided @ the start of this thread is true, also to add a thicker glass for windsheild, separate color tanks for gel coat, thread count per square inch of carpet lay etc etc etc...very interesting, I have also been to Ferrari Factory in Modena Italy and the Porsche factory in Stuttgart...both wicked car companies...only one is built a hell of a lot better than the other...all though it always comes down to personal choice....ford, chevy..etc..etc. etc....
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-12-2006, 9:44 PM Reply   
so wich is built better ferrari or porsche
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-12-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
I am going to take a crazy guess and say ferrari