Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (whirlynuke02)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
has anyone noticed or had a problem with the amount of space in the toe area on the sphinx or transits? when i tried them on they felt great but there was way to much room around my toes. do they get annoying when you are riding or does it not affect you at all? they are definitely snug enough everywhere else and the binding is the right size for me.
Old    260searay            04-10-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
i just got the sphynx and def. dont have too much room. I havent ridden with them yet but i wear a 12 shoe and my toes go to the very end of the bindings. I think all bindings fit too small.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
mine are perfect...i wear 9s, and my teams are larges.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-10-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
That part of the boot can be adjusted. You can do it or you could probably take it to a shop and have them do it. All you do is take off the overlay, then take off the underlay, cut off an eighth or a quarter of an inch on each side then put 'em back together. I had a pair of Belmonts that I did the same thing to. I've never had to do it to a pair of LF boots, but I've only ever ridden Ultras. I rode exo's for a little while a long time ago and they were fine too.

I like my boots really tight around the ankle and a little loose over the toes. The big arched footpad of the ultras allow me to have that with out my foot sliding forward. I love that footpad, I hope they never change it.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-10-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Yes I've ridden hyperlite products my whole life and now i got Transits and I've only ridden them twice. The first time they cut off the circulationand the 2nd they were perfect. I did notice how big they were around the toes but I never noticed it ionce i was riding.....maybe it was the freezing water that was distracting me.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
Couldn’t fit my feet in to the stock Trip 143 binding. I have size 12 feet, and have a darn hard time finding bindings that I can squeeze my feet in to. Yes I’ve tried lube. I almost think that wake board bindings are sized for preschoolers, ha lol!

I fit pretty well in to Double up bindings, good luck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
bindings come in different sizes, you know that, right? stock trip 143 binding? no such thing. the board may have been a trip, but what were the bindings and what size were they?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
by the way, i fit pretty well in hyperlite, concrete, doubleup and liquid force bindings (among other brands). why? cause they were in my size.
Old    260searay            04-11-2005, 2:53 AM Reply   
but what do you do when you have the biggest size they come in? my shpynx are xl and they will be ok but i still think they are a little small. i had obrien links xxl and my toes hung an inch past the end of the bindings.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
you must have some long toes.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-11-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Doug... Thane was right on. You can easily take apart the binding and tighten that part of the overlay. That was exactly what I did because I was annoyed at how big the toe box was and found that the right binding was looser than the left one. I took about a 1/4" off each side of the overlay and they turned out perfect.

So far I love the Transits. Most comfortable and supportive binding that I've ever had.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
I love my teams. Large Narrows. I wear a 9.5, and i've got a narrow foot, they are great!.