Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding for about 3 seasons now and just cant seem to progress. The first season I was really just trying to get comfortable with even riding behind the boat and on the board being as it was my first time ever wakeboarding or even being out on the lake.

Season #2 I was able to start edging out across the wake and doing some basic jumps back into the middle but still unable to clear wake to wake.

Fast forward to Season #3 where we are now and I am still having trouble doing much else from where i was last summer. I am not sure if its my approach, board, or just my own ability.

I have tried this summer so far to not go out so far from the wake where my approach angle would be greater than say 45* and i have been able to keep the speed up and almost go wake to wake however the height of the jump is not very impressive.

I have been trying to watch as many online vids as i can to see some techniques but any advice people have would be great.

The board i have is a entry level Obrien board with Obrien bindings. It is a 141 and i am 6'3" and 185lbs. I am riding at approx 65 to 70 feet at 21mph. I am looking at getting a different board in the next couple weeks and would also like a suggestion on what to get.

Thanks in advance

Ryan