Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (jsebnick)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-01-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Just came across www.floatingtoys.com which is buywakes all tube website...just sorta found it a interesting that they would advertise so heavily that they don't carry tubes, yet they dedicate a whole site to it.....
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Interesting. Welcome to the world of unethical marketing. They've been going down hill the last couple years anyway.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Unethical is a bit of stretch, don't you think? More like "Welcome to the world of successful branding."

Ambush wanted their piece of the inflatable pie, so instead of getting it through BuyWake, they started another site. Nobody called them unethical when BuySkateShoes or BuySnow popped up; it's the same thing, just a lamer product.

Get money, get paid.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
It's called making money....
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
Unethical? give me a break even liquid force is trying to cash in on the inflatable market with a line of their own and they've been boasting they are a wakeboard only company for awhile.

On a side note buywake hooks up the college scene real well so props to them!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-01-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
I'm so glad you posted this. This will most likely ruin my weekend, and maybe my life!
Old     (rob_corum)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-01-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
It's good for riders to have a separate site like this. Then you don't have to sift through all that BS to get to the stuff you're interested in.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-02-2009, 6:46 AM Reply   
I bought two new tubes last week. Gotta have something to do in the afternoons when the water is trashed.
Old     (muff)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-02-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
yeah dude
core=poor