Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I have been trying my tantrums and every time right before i land i throw a blind 180. I dont know why i do and everyone that has seen me try it has no clue how i turn to blind. So i was thinking that i should just try a whirly. Is this a bad idea????? IF not how do i throw one?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
i had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. i was turning my head to try and spot my landing...which caused me to rotate. i just concentrated on not trying to spot my landing...basically tried to keep my chin to my neck. one day they just clicked, and i've nailed every one since. i contemplated on just going to a whirly, but decided that it would be better to learn a regular tanny for future tricks.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-08-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
take it to blind.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-08-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
No dont skip the tantrum. Is it that you want to be a better rider or do you just want to say you landed a trick. Everyone wants to do inverts before they are ready. Can you do toe and heel 180's? How about doing them switch? I find that people are trying to do tricks that they can not even do the basic part of. Example, kids try to do fives after they do a 3 but in the learning process they didnt learn to land switch. well if you cant land a 180 wake to wake how do you expect to land the five. Learn the basics before you move on and your riding will progress alot faster
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-08-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Ben is 100% right learn your basics you definitly need a tantrum before a whirly or a tantrum to blind. get all you 180s down before you even do your tantrum if you dont already have them it will make life much easier to get the basics down first.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Dude I thought I was the only person with that problem. An ex pro wakeboarder told me that it was becaue i was trying to spot my landing over my back shoulder and not spotting it directly behind me.
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
heh, that happens to me when i come in too fast. The board goes out the back, and i sometimes reach back around and grab the handle, pulling it down like a raley.

Video

not trying to hijack the thread, but does that go to whirly? someone break it down for me, this thing hard to do?
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-08-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Just screw it and try an Sbend
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
oops, this is the tantrum.

video