Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
So i went and got some fat sacks for the boat. I usually only have two other people with me and even though it throws a great wake, I wanted it a little bigger. So i got a LaunchPad 540 for the nose and two 350's for the lockers. When all ballasts were full the boat would not plane or get over 12mph. I heard a different prop might help? Any ideas?
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-03-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
I have an 06 B52V and thought I wanted more weight as well and so I added two 600 sacs. I had the same problem with getting on plane so I bought a new prop designed for the added ballast and it made all the difference in the world.

At first I thought I should have gotten the two speed transmission or the 375 engine but a new prop is all you need. It took some off the top end but who cares about speeding around the lake at any faster than 36mph (I do some skiing from time to time still).

The boat planes instantly with as much weight as I can fill it with which is most obvious when surfing. It was a great upgrade, just watch your rpms.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-03-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
I heard that the ACME 1235 is the best prop for wakeboarding boats.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
kenny what kind of prop did you get?
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
ive got an 07 and put an oj 14.25 by 14 and if rockets up on plan now. like yours mine wouldnt hardly get up on plan with a full load. make sure and make sure that you have the clearance from your prop guard on your trailer if you have the trailer that mb uses from the factory you might have a clearance problem i did on my first one but the trailer im using now is a boatmate and i had them give me 1 inch more clearance if it a problem should be an easy fix just cut it off and weld in another inch or 2. give eric a call at oj im not sure what his number is but if you go to there web sit and give them a call im sure he will lead you down the right road.
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Vance,
I went to wakeside and they suggetsted the Acme 857. Also, if you don't already, its nice to get a prop puller as well.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
did you change it yourself? if so how hard was it?
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
After buying a prop puller it was quite easy. It comes with diretions that were simple to follow. Plus now I have a spare prop if needed.
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
cool thanks
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
what speed are you guys running at with all that weight? I have an 06 B52 2000lb ballast 200lb lead and when we put 6-10 people in it it is rather large and we run at 24mph....just curious thanks!
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
yeh my perfect pass is set at 24.7 mph