Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-06-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Cal, have you towed your boat with it yet? I called the dealer and he said if I decide to test drive one to bring my boat down (from Prosser) to the dealership and pull it around. I'm still torn between the tundras or just replacing my F350 and getting another diesel with a short bed and front coil springs (my current truck has front leaf springs). Unloaded it can be harsh and it is overkill for towing a boat, but I love the power. Hummm, I just don't know.

Moon
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-06-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Cal, careful with those speaker settings. the JBL's in my doors didn't last very long and had the EQ set at flat all the way across, but played it pretty loud. Infinity makes a 4 ohm speaker, they're going in pretty soon. Got JL's for now and they sound like shat cuz Performance Audio in Tyler,TX can't figure out how to remove head from anus.

Great looking truck BTW.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Stereo is AWEFUL!!! But love my Tundra.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
nice man, good choice. now you gotta lift er

when you're ready for some new wheels, check out rimzoneonline.com they'll hook you up.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-06-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
3"/1" Leveling lift is done... Waiting on the new 33" Goodyear wrangler duratrac tires, but I'm keeping the stock wheels. Will update once the tires are on... Moon, I haven't towed with it yet, but am pulling the boat out of storage to do the winterization on Sunday, may have to pull the boat through the hills just to test it out...

(Message edited by Phenom_1819 on November 06, 2009)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2009, 12:19 AM Reply   
Wow. I pulled the boat thru the hills on the test drive before I ever even signed on the dotted line.
Gooood luck.
Old     (sneves)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
nice truck , toyota is the only way to go. best resale in the class and Its built to go 300,000 plus miles. Most people dont realize that 80 to 90 percent of" American made" car parts are Not made in America only assembled.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
It is America that is the beauty in freedom, you make the decisions. My Jeep Grand Cherokee is built in America, designed in America and has some foreign parts on it; this is done to stay competitive with NAFTA. That is the best I can do to help this country I love so much :-) I guess the majority of the money is being spent in America at restaurants, hotels, purchasing boats, wakeboards (Byerly American made) and building new homes in America from the internal flow of cash. Enjoy your freedom :-) just keep things in perspective as to why we have all these things, and how quickly they can disappear :-(
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-10-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Took the truck and boat for a pull over the weekend... Climbed the passes between Yakima and ellensburg (guessing a 6-7 percent climb) at 70 mph the entire way, in 4th gear, at 3200 rpm's... Grinning ear to ear the entire time. With the avalanche, I always drove the same section at 55 mph, in 2nd gear, at approx. 3800 rpm's.

There's no comparison there... Satisfied tundra owner!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-10-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
You should have bought a diesel......

Just joking, congrats, and that is prob. going to be my truck (Tundra).
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-10-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
hey jim, your jeep grand cherokee has less american parts in it than the tundra. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/DOT/NHTSA/Traffic%20Injury%20Control/Articles/Associated%20Files/AALA/AALA2009p.pdf

Just keeping things in perspective.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-11-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
WOW, Steve you found a PDF that statically lets you sleep at night, nice work. Steve I bet you printed out that PDF and cuddle with it at night don’t you? Come on Steve, admit it you PDF statistical freak LOL.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-25-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Cal, You may want to get that new truck checked out:

http://www.pdxwakesnow.com/viewtopic.php?p=8901#8901