Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-26-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
So yesterday riding on the Delta one of the girls riding behind my boat caught a nasty edge. She lost one tooth, chipped two, and had a 1 inch hole above her lip and seemed to have a concusion. (kept asking repetive questions, what happened where are we)

Fire department and ambulance hauled her out of Orwood Marina for us.

She is fine, well as fine as you can be after an accident like that. They released her this morning with 8 stitches.

I asked the fire department if they needed my insurance info or any other info and they said nope. They said everything was cool and they didn't need anything.

Whats my liability in this situation? I have great insurance so i'm really not worried, plus the girl has medical insurance I'm just curious?

( as a side note saw the CIE boys as I came into orwood with my injured rider. Maybe I shoudn't have been riding with all that lead and 8 girls for ballast! What you think? Should we call the 'Maliblue' the 'Facebreaker'? lol )
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-26-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Robert,
The 8 chicks are GREAT ballast!!! We were actually wondering if she got hurt riding or if she fell off the pole!! Sounds like shes a rider, NICE!!!
We were saying as you went by your boat was SLAMMED last night. Glad she is OK.

(Message edited by allen on August 26, 2009)
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-26-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
That was with all the ballast tanks empty too!

I lined the hull with lead and its made the wake nice and big. When us big boys ride we'll fill up the ballast too!

She scared all the girls from riding after that fall but we got a set in and then partied it up at windmill cove the rest of the night. The pole saw some nice action!
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-26-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
YOu guys went all the way to windmill after we saw you? Holly crap!!!
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-26-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
you have to be negligent in order for liability to pay. so unless you did something that caused this injury no payment would be made.

now if you carry medical payments on your boatowners that will pay.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-26-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yeah we boarded up to railroad then we cruised to windmill cove and back. Didn't realize thats a 4 hour drive when you cruise at 5mph because your watching all the girls work the pole on the ride home! lol We'd have some great photos but the camera went overboard and so did an Iphone! The delta swalloed up 1k last night! lol Good times though!

Insuranceman thanks for the info i do carry medical on my policy, however it sounds like her insurance well cover everything. Would you reccomend contacting my insurance company just in case her's doesn't cover something or should i just wait to see what happens first? Am i suppose to notifiy them right after and incident to protect myself?
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-26-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Robert pm sent.

Cheers,
DC
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-26-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Robert,
If she tells her health insurance that she did it on your boat they will try and collect. Mine tried to collect from our boat policy when I broke my leg. I had to change my story fast, They always look for someone else to pay.
Old     (malibu_guy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
Robert, I'm an agent and anything that happens on your boat is your liability. Now as long as the girl had health insurance you should be fine, but like insuranceman said they will try to subrogate against your boat insurance. If you did not give them any info you should be fine. SICK PAINT JOB ON YOUR MALIBU!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-26-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
Tell them she wasn't actually on the boat when it happened
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hey Robert.... Let us know the next time you're rolling out and need a third, fourth, or fifth to go with the 8 girls you've got. Ha, ha, ha.

That wake must've been stacked last night.

Glad to hear it wasn't something worse. Teeth are bad, but it's amazing what a dentist can work up. We saw all the fire trucks/ambulances sitting there, then you guys rolling in and we were a bit worried for a minute.

Take care, bro.

(Message edited by guido on August 26, 2009)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-26-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Man, chicks wreck so hard when they catch an edge. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Take it from me...Dentists can work miracles! You can walk in with missing teeth and walk out an hour later with a complete grill!
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-28-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
micah, laws maybe different in cali, but in my 17 years of being in the insurance business, in order for liability to pay "YOU" must be negligent. again med pay would apply here. now if he was on purpose throwing power turns, such a how people pull tube's and she went out of control due to your driving then there is a good chance that you were liable.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-28-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
I have often thought about actually creating a waiver to ride in my boat. I know that sounds like a paranoid thing but might save my a$$