Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-03-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
I find it ridiculous that the Feds are getting involved in college football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6479279

I also found it ridiculous that congress got involved with baseball and steroids

what a waste of tax payers money
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-03-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
I agree. And the same with Lance. It's not a matter for our legal system. And definitely not a matter for Congress.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-03-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
I love it!!! Down with the BCS. The government can worry about a war that we shouldnt be in 1000's of miles away or fix a corrupted sport on our soil. Bring on the playoff and get rid of the corrupted college presidents and bcs ceo's. the bcs guys spend 1000's of dollars on lap dances while Connecticut looses 1000's of dollars on going to a bcs bowl.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-04-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
This is what they call fiddling while Rome burns.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-04-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Im surprised the NCAA hasnt stepped in and took back what could be their biggest product. They could make so much more money off of a playoff and the revenue it would generate compared to what the BCS is paying them. I guess the ncaa is to worried about players trading trophies for tattoos then this though.
Old    deltahoosier            06-05-2011, 3:31 AM Reply   
Funny thing is, if they went to a playoff, no one would care that the game is in the Rose Bowl or where ever. The people would flock to who ever holds the game. The BCS folks would have to either come along for the ride or fade away.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
Great to hear people from Utah are still working on this even with The University of Utah joining the PAC 12
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...l?s_cid=rss-32
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-29-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Cause there's clearly nothing more important for them to do!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
i like it! No reason some old dude should be deciding what young athletes can easily decide on the field of play. It's the athlete's game, not some corporate suit.