Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    reddog25cf            05-30-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   
Is the X-Star really worth the extra $30K?
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-30-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
Fasten your seat belt!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
no, I have ridden behind an '01 X-9/209 with 2200 lbs ballast that had a bigger wake than this so called '03 Xstar. from what I have seen, the Xstar may have been "rampier" but height is always key from the experience I have seen.

You could take an '03 X-2, and make the wake as big or bigger than this '03 Xstar. It's all about marketing. Just add some weight to any boat, like 2000 lbs and distribute it appropriatley and you should be fine.

who else can add to this equation?

hell if If I put 1200 lbs of ballast in my boat and 4-5 adults in my boat I can get a 16 in wake atleast which is only 4 inches shy of a 03 Xstar I would say that 4 inches is worth $40K to me, unless you are bankrollin and $ is not an object.

this is a never ending question. its like is a 2003 SANTE wake bigger than an '03 Xstar?

Who really cares, but the companies do I'm sure of it.

It doesnt matter what you are riding behind, if its a '00 VLX or an '03 SANTE, you will be doing the same thing..............WAKEBOARDING, AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS!

But obviously if you take a 23' boat vs. a 19-21' boat with equal amounts of weight one wake will be bigger and shaped different than the other, correct?

flame on peeps

(Message edited by slipknot on May 30, 2003)
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-30-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:

hell if If I put 1200 lbs of ballast in my boat and 4-5 adults in my boat I can get a 16 in wake atleast which is only 4 inches shy of a 03 Xstar I would say that 4 inches is worth $40K to me, unless you are bankrollin and $ is not an object.

I hate when people make this statement. You can not say that the price is just for the wake, the boat has alot more to offer than just a bigger wake.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-30-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
and what might that be 19 yr old '02 Xstar owner?

We all may not be as rich as your daddy is, but we are wakeboarding and thats what counts.

Some people on this board have bass boats with wakes to ride on, so what do you have to say about them?

If the wake is ridable there is no problem, we all have to make do with the ride we have.

And this happens to be my opinion, And I am sorry that I have offended your knowledge and expertise of the industry.

That '03 Xstar isnt all that was what I was trying to say there bigjessup, ur boat throws the wake with weight just maybe not as rampy as an '03?

I dont know maybe you have ridden behind one and can tell us how it really compares to an X2?

Oh another thing I never said price was for wake, price is usually associated with the name of the boat. But you can always correct me if I am wrong.........

Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-31-2003, 1:16 AM Reply   
Im only going to read the first line of your narrow minded post. Considering you have no idea of my financial situation Id appreciate it if didn’t make an asinine comment. If you would really like to know my father died 5 years ago. Me and my brother pay 100% of the payment, insurance, gas, equipment, and any other expenses.

And since you have made this personal I shall do the same and end with this.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-31-2003, 1:24 AM Reply   
Ok now that Im done being heated, I shall answer the rest of your post. Considering you have misunderstood my post I shall clairify, I wanst saying anything other than that people need to stop putting the huge price tag on just the wake. Its not the wake thats making the boat $40K more, its the fact that boat is 2 feet longer than most and 5-10 inches wider, ect... Im not going to metion all of it cause anyone can see what the boat has to offer.

Ok Im done... maybe I might come up with more after I calm down.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2003, 1:30 AM Reply   
Nice work Shawn, way to suck it up, and for the record I didn't think your first post needed clarification, it was crystal clear for anybody without a chip on there shoulder.
Old    xtigeman            05-31-2003, 3:17 AM Reply   
Someone for got their medication. That was some cold shint if you din't know or just down right low class if you did. Shawn, props to you for handling it the way you did.
Old    xtigeman            05-31-2003, 3:21 AM Reply   
I would be really curious to see and X-9 throw a wake as big or comparable to and new X-Star. My 01 X-star wake seemed much better than the X-9 is shape and size.
Old    offaxisman            05-31-2003, 4:03 AM Reply   
you/the people with your "30-40k" higher price tag. my '03 x-star ( nicely equipped ) was JUST UNDER 20k more than my '00 x-star ( nicely equipped as well) considering the options ( including 6.0 liter cadillac engine & then sum ) and the overall "luxuries" of the boat, i say it aint so bad. as i said before: does a cadillac escalade "do more than.." a yukon, tahoe or even a suburbun, no, but it (escalade) SURE IS NICE. you can find out more about mine in the "BOAT PICS" column as well as the "REAL '03 X-STAR WAKE REVIEW" posted by my riding bud, don b. just enjoy your ride(boat) and riding season people and stop "hating!" dayum. dont forget, ALWAYS WEAR A LIFEVEST!! (boat pic in profile)
Old    offaxisman            05-31-2003, 4:05 AM Reply   
also i posted "MY '03 X-STAR WAKE PICS"
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
oops sorry guy. my condolences, yes apology is posted. feet are currently in mouth. I guess if I had $55-70K for a wakeboat I would buy one too. Maybe in another life for me. I just saw an '03 X and have seen bigger maybe his ballast was empty or something.

Old    offaxisman            05-31-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
if your sarcastic commentary (hairbanddud)(yes, dud) is directed towards me, then all i can say is your attitude sux and you sound like nothing more that a "hater" of people that "feel like" spending the cash on a paticular boat. as far as the wake is concerned, maybe you should review and get the idea that all these boast are "relatively" the same. add sum weight, get a bigger wake. add some more weight, get an even bigger wake. what is yor point? hairbanddud (yes dud)"I just saw an '03 X and have seen bigger." so? "so called?" just have a good time and stop hating others that do. and you said it yourself, if you had the money, maybe you would. then why you gonna just sit and rip on the ones that do chose to spend the cash. hater.
Old    offaxisman            05-31-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
LOL ! GOODTIMES PEOPLE !! AND SAFE RIDES !!
PARDON MY TYPOS
Old    reddog25cf            05-31-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
Does anybody know how much weight is added with the stock ballast system in an X-9??
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
was not directed to you offaxis man

ur boat looks great though

(Message edited by slipknot on May 31, 2003)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 5:30 PM Reply   
Sean,
900 lbs but an owner should coorect me if I am wrong.

offaxis, why the blue swim platform is that just a choice of color you can pick when you order the boat, the guy in town here I think paid $76K but that may not be true, could be a rumor
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
the apology was made to Bigjessup. I guess when you put down a bottle of rum sometimes things can come out that I may have never intended to say. It's happy hour so look out tonight wakeworld I my be on a roll, jk

Old    akman            05-31-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
Sean, As a previous X9 owner I can honestly say no matter how much weight you put in the boat it will be some what rampy. I was running mine with stock ballast and an additional 1100lbs of lead and fat sacks. The wake was big for an inboard but not nearly as vertical or as firm as a V drive will put out. Here is a picture of the wake with 6 people and 2200lbs of ballast.

The rider is Arun Frances and we are at Lake Nacimiento.

Old    offaxisman            05-31-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
My apologies then slipknot. Thanks on the "looks great." The reason for the blue platform is because I didnt want all lime. (overkill in my opinion) Notice the interior striping is blue as well as with the bimini(as u can see).Maybe I should have done black instead of blue, but I like it. Come to find out that there is only 4 of 100 lime green x-stars out there and I wonder if anyone thought to two-tone thier boat. Yes mediterranean blue is one of the color choices. I dont know about all the options that cranked his price up to $76K, but my list of options is on one of the other previous metioned threads. I also got mine from the detroit boat show as when i got my 2000 x-star. (lil bit of discount)"MY '03 X-STAR WAKE PICS." " THE REAL '03 X-STAR WAKE REVIEW," posted my riding bud Don Barrows. & "BOAT PICS" There is more postings and info/opinions on those threads as well.
I gotta ask, why "hairband & slipknot?" Those 2 words dont seem to "go together" lol