Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-22-2013, 10:08 AM Reply   
If this has been done, please feel free to remove, but I figured with all the other threads showing G23s in action, which ultimately ends in screen grabs of a wake that makes us all giddy.... why not put them in one place.

This boat is nuts, can't wait to get behind one.

Starting -

from this instagram (http://instagram.com/p/XKl7lLlEBd/?f...ref_map=%5B%5D)

Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-22-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
Rode one last weekend, sorry no pics, but I threw a double up for my friend that was eye level! it was insane!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-22-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
HAHAHA isn't shock n' awe the new slogan for supra's SA line
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-22-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
pics and video of mine from last year.

from jay on Vimeo.

picture is of stock ballast.
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-22-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'm sure this thread will attract some haters but I must say I am a huge fan of this boat. I am not partial to any brand but after being on a G23 and many other "top" models from other brands, they just don't compare IMO. Here are a few pics I dug up...
Attached Images

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-22-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
This boat is in an entire new league.... Also the thread title should probably be change hahahaha
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-22-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/a-n...-with-jd-webb/
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-22-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Honestly getting used to how late the pop is on this thing is ridiculous, on my go pro footage from riding you can hear "holy ..." Or "f' this its too big" " how the f' am I supposed to wait that long" it completely defeats all muscle memory...
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-22-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Honestly getting used to how late the pop is on this thing is ridiculous, on my go pro footage from riding you can hear "holy ..." Or "f' this its too big" " how the f' am I supposed to wait that long" it completely defeats all muscle memory...
The same things that were said when the pickle fork XStar came out. Wake too big and rampy... have to wait too long for pop, etc. Turn the clock forward and most everyone loved a sacked XStar.

Based on watching the pros, they seem to have learned how to adapt.... maybe coming from a sacked, previous generation XStar makes it a natural transition.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-22-2013, 2:31 PM Reply   
That wake could definitely swallow up a small child. Very impressive.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-22-2013, 2:31 PM Reply   
Yea I can totally see that. It's like a foot bigger than the xstar I occasionally ride which has 4500 ish but its much harder. They have the same kind of almost lipless shape and offer a similar floaty feeling to your pop. Makes flipping much easier IMO but spins a little tougher.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-23-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
Those shots from the chase boat are ridiculous!!!!! That wake is a monster!
Old    Axis22            03-23-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yea here is a pic of my friends
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-23-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
in case you guys are wondering what its like to ride behind the G, heres some screen grabs of my footy.
Attached Images