Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jessz71)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Anyone know anything about these boats, I found one for sale and would like to go look at it. Only downside is no tower its set up more for skiing, but is it a good boat to wakeboard behind if I put a tower on it. thanks
Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Two very good friends of mine have 211V Team editions and I love riding behind them! The wake is not too steep, but has a nice ramp to it. I believe one has the 6.0l motor and it seems to get out of the water quicker then the one with the 5.7l so it may help if it has that, if not you should be able to prop down to get the hole shot. You could surf behind them, but it did take some weight and a lot of adjustments, but once you know when it all goes, it is sweet. I also love the walkway. I owned a 05 X-2 and a 00 Sunsetter and always hate to watch people drag stuff across the vinyl or walk on it and think that it was only a matter of time before it was destroyed.

Most people would not say it was a hardcore wake boat, but

If it doesn't have a tower that is a negative, but does it have to mounts for at least on the hull?

Last edited by nukepower; 10-11-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling (-5)
Old     (jessz71)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
I am not sure on the mounts for the tower, All I know is thats an 04 sports sv211 with a 330hp motor has under 100 hours and has a trailer for around 25k, saw a video of the actual boat and it looks real clean, just hate to waste time looking at it if its not worth buying. I would use it mostly for wakeboarding and some skiiing, so would it be a good boat to progress with. This would be my first boat that I would actually own myself so I am a little nervous.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-11-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
I'm a little surprised there are 211s without towers.

The 211 is a fine boat. I love mine. I could have replaced anytime over the last 3 years for a 230 (and pondered that for about a year some time back), but decided against it. My 211 is fine.

I'll say something you don't hear from many but ... I like my interior. So there.

I store my 211 in a boat locker and have to put the tower up and down every trip. So ... maybe no tower is a blessing. If you had ample budget, you could get that Z-shaped tower (?!?! FCT 4 ?!?!) ? That would look cool, and make that 211 look a little more recent vintage.