Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jsanders)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-31-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
So I am taking the fam up to oroville this Sunday and was hoping for some help to get some water that isn't totally trashed. I know with the holiday it is likely all to be crap after 8 AM just was hoping for some advice. I have been up once before it is just such a big lake it would take half the day and lots of gas to explore it.

here is a map to help with directions! excuse the fish on the pic best small map I could find.

Upload
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
We played on Lake Oroville for the first time ever last weekend. LUVED IT!! We stayed at Bidwell but the park rangers talked us into launching at the Spillway launch because Bidwell only has one lane. It was an easy in and an easy out with 6 lanes (4 docked and 2 open). We traveled on the water to the Bidwell Marina for last minute supplies and went out to the right under the bridge and continued to our right just after the bridge. Water got better as we went along and the boat traffic was pretty darn good. Got lots of boarding and tubing with the 2 boats. We also got a lot of just stop and drop time without interference from other boats. A very positive trip.I recommend it and I will soon be doing Oroville again. I hope this helps and I hope you have as good of time as we all did.The first shot shows the bridge we went under from Bidwell. The other shotz are to show the water conditions and how much fun we had. UploadUploadUploadUploadUpload
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-01-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
Sorry Jeremy, don't know what screwed up this post.
Old     (jsanders)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-01-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
It's all good. Leaving early Sunday AM hopefully their is sill some good stuff. I get the feeling if their is good water noone wants to tip their hand.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Jeremy let me know how it was when you get back. We have a trip planned for early October. Hopefully it will still be a little warm. I have never been there.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-01-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Go way up north, Feather River arm, it's narrow, no boats and beaches, but lots of butter.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Machew, just a heads up. The park rangers told us that because of the lack of run-off this winter and the water that is being released from the dam, the lake is dropping a foot and a half EACH DAY! It's still hundreds of feet deep, but the drive from the top of the launch to the bottom is getting longer and steeper. Maybe pull in the trip a little sooner? Check with the parks for possible closers in and around October.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
Sorry Machew. Was directed to nathan. Wow, didn't realize how many beers I've put down!