Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-31-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone had any good set ups for weighting this hull with only using bags (no stock ballast). Right now I put a 350 sac on each side of the engine and a 600 sac on the floor in front of the back seat. I put at least a couple people in the hull to even it out. I am thinking of getting another sac for the hull to make it more constant but wanted some advice before making the purchase. Any thoughts on arrangements?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
You almost can't go wrong with weighting that boat. You're on the right track. Just make sure you add to the front to harden the wake a little. Too much in the back makes the wake tall and thin. Then it begins to break.

Including stock ballast, I run about 450 on each side of the motor, 1200 in the walkthrough and nose, and a few hundred scattered around the middle of the seating area.

Consider some lead. It makes life much easier.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks man. I bet your wake is a thing of beauty. Yeah, I'll look into some lead and for sure get some weight in the bow besides bodies.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
If you put a little more in the back of that boat it will be shaped more like a Nauti...which is a good thing IMO
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-01-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
550lb on each side of the motor and the big bump 750lb thru the walkway up front is awesome with a few people aboard. If there is only 2 peeps we may fill up another 250lb in the backseat.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Sweet boat badzuki. I used to live in Urbandale. Do you ride on Saylorville in DSM? I hear that there are starting to be quite a few wake boats on Panerama as well as some good riders. You guys are putting quite a bit more weight than I am. I might have to bump it up a little more and see what happens.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
once you add more sacs you won't go back...or something like that