Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
So I'm at work tuesday morning and my girlfriend calls and asks "where is the tower speakers?" Confused i tell her they are on the tower! She then tells me no they aren't. So i come rushing home from work to find my entire stereo missing out of my boat along with my board racks all my wake boards, ropes, vest everything. My boat was in my garage and i live in a good neighborhood, well at least i thought i did. I HATE low life theivin' people.
Well now that thats said i guess its time to build a new stereo, any suggestions

(Message edited by bpenosa1 on September 26, 2008)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
just buy crappy stuff then people don't want to steal it....

that sucks, i feel for ya...our neighbor got ripped off this summer and its a thing
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
I share your utter despise for low life thieves and hope you somehow find who did it. Now might be the time to think about not upgrading your system and just going with the boat speakers. The tower speakers seem to attract more attention from those that have zero respect for property rights and you will worry less about pissing off thy neighbor when you are on the lake. Just a thought.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
That really sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. I pretty much fear it everyday thats why I got an alarm for my boat. I know there is ways around them but most thieves aren't suspecting them on a boat and it gives on a little piece of mind. Maybe include that in your new build.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-26-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Man that sucks! How did they get into your garage?
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Haven't figured it out yet. I'm thinking they came in through the garage door. i have a 3 car garage with a double and a single door the single car door doesn't have an opener. it appears they just twisted the latch hard enough and broke the cheap lock inside. I think my insurance is going to cover everything and i'll probably make out ok it just pisses me off. i feel like knockin on my neighbors doors and askin where's my stuff!!!!!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Keep an eye on C-list for the items.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-26-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
thats a bunch of crap. i think thieves are the worst kind. if it helps. next system build. try to use different bolts or screws. maybe allens or star bolts. hopefully the punks dont have a elaborate set of tools.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-26-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
all eyez on me,

I hear what you are saying, however the f-in' thiefs just tear stuff up if they don't have the tools... Better off with alarm on garage and boat...
Sorry to hear about your trouble Brian, hope the insurance company makes it right.

You gotta believe in carma...

JT
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-26-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Brian
Give Jim A call at the shop.
He has a big heart and will try and help you out in any way he can.

(209) 466-8863
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Brian,

Here’s what doesn’t make sense. Okay, so they take the stereo gear because the stuff can be sold to those with cars and trucks. But, boat-specific items would really narrow their sales avenues. This could be a clue as to who it was.

Certainly follow Craig’s List and other on-line sources.

Put a sliding garage door lock (Lowe’s or Home Depot) on both sides of the single garage door with a padlock on each.

Also, when reinstalling new equipment you can secure the speakers and amps with security screws. This hardware requires a special tool to remove and is a good deterrent to theft since it makes removal of the equipment nearly impossible without the proper tool.

Keep serial numbers on everything. To reinstate your stereo, Bullet is only 35 minutes from you. Kevin’s cell (209) 609-1188 or www.bulletspeakers.com. Great people.

David E. M.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
SOUNDS LIKE A INSIDE JOB! well someone in the neiborhood. Im sorry to hear that.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
what a bummer
hate to say it but it sounds like it could be an inside job. who has ridden with you recently that might need money or????(who would know what was in your boat/garage?), also you mention the neighbors- ask them all if the saw anything(watch for signs of guilt), tell them you got ripped off out of your garage, someone had to see something, and when you do replace your stuff be careful because whoever did it may come back for your brand new stuff...find a better more secure way to lock the garage.

I was typing my response and came back to see scooter thinks its inside job too.

(Message edited by bftskir on September 26, 2008)
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
I definitely think it was a neighbor. The only people who ride or go to the lake with us are family so not to worried about them. The girlfriend is a nurse and is gone all the time and i commute 45 minutes to work so i'm gone almost all day as well. both of our cars are in the driveway so its real easy to tell when we're gone. But like the police said its very rare that stolen stereo equipment is recovered so i guess i just chalk this up as a learning lesson and move on. What really sucks is i was planning to go to the lake this weekend but all i have is a boat now, no boards or ropes or vests and no stereo. I just hope my insurance covers everything.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
That sucks dude. Sorry to hear.

It's funny, I always make sure my car and truck are locked when they are in the driveway/car port. My boat has more stereo equipment then my cars yet there is only a canvas top on it and sometimes that isn't even on as I am letting the boat dry out. It always makes me nervous. I am fairly lucky though all of my neighbors for the most part are stay at home moms so the chances are a bit slim but still no garantees. I can't wait to have a garage one day....apparently they aren't much safer though.
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Apparently they aren't but i guarantee by the end of the weekend my garage will be alot more secure.

So my boat had 3 jl audio amps 2 m4500 and 1 m1700 i had four jl audio marine 6.5 in the boat and 4 jl audio 6x9 on the tower in a liquid trends bat 4.69 box that was grey with black flames also had a jl audio 13w7 sub in a ported box. if any body see's this stuff out there let me know.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Go to the lake anyhow, throw down some tall ones and enjoy what you still have. Things could have been worse and the whole boat be gone. I would talk to your neighbors and state that you have a detective on your case and he has recovered some good evidence such as finger prints and left behind tools. Your detective has some leads. If it was someone close word will get around and someone will slip up under pressure. I have seen this strategy work.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
That sucks real bad. Sorry, man. If it makes you feel any better, at least you didn't come out to this and were stranded. Upload

Yes, they dropped it like it was hot.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
oh sh.. that happened to my Jeep once just outside my bedroom window, the cinder block broke and I still did not hear a thing.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       09-26-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
That sucks to hear. Sorry,Brian. I hate to say it but with the bad economy more things like this will be happening..
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-26-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Brian ~~ I have a Parks board that I don't use anymore and 2004 Parks bindings that I would be willing to send out to ya! I was saving for the Christmas thread but hell this is a giving time in need. I also have accurate handle that has a tear but will work if you can find a rope. Also have old school vest that I never use if needed. Sorry my gear is 2004 and later but it would put you on the water by next weekend.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
This past summer some crackhead got under my buddies cover and jacked my board and my little girls new board. The tard walked six blocks during broad daylight to the pawn shop and pawned them for 60.00 lol. He told the goof ball at the counter his water pump went out on his boat. Anyways we went the same day to the said pawn shop and bingo. We got them back 2 days later and the turd thief got sent to the pokie.
Good luck, check the pawn shops.
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
D.F.T.R. Thats super cool of you man and i really appreciate the offer but i'm really just so bummed i don't even wanna go at this point. I got boards and gear i can borrow. Lets save that stuff for somebody who really needs it.

jason scary coincidence my girl has that same car but in red, its an 01 convertible m3. you just gave me one more thing to worry about.
Old    nwwakerider            09-27-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
I cant stand people who steal. A couple years ago my dad went out around 7am to get the paper and left the garage door open. He went back out close to ten minutes later to drive to work and someone came into our garage, and stole the keys to all three cars in the garage (BMW, Envoy, F-150) as well as my dads wallet and out garage door openers.

Luckily we changed all the locks, garage codes and checked to make sure there was no way inside. Later in the day before my dad got home, someone has gone around our house looking for a window to get in, and has pulled the screens off probably a dozen windows trying to get in.

Also, a month or two ago, we had the cable company come out and replace the cable under our house in the crawl space and they cable guy found a pack of cigaretts and one of our garage door openers.

You work hard for the things you have and someone just tries to take it from you.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-01-2008, 12:18 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear Brian but if you were to move to florida and they came in your house you could take care of the situation personally and just call the police to come collect the carcass. Im very afraid its going to get worse for some time before it gets better.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-01-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
F'ing low life people. I cant stand them. I had my stereo system in my boat stolen once and 2 time in my truck.