Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-20-2005, 7:15 AM Reply   
I have an iRiver MP3 player that I connected to the AUX port on my Sony HU. Not getting alot of volume. The specs on the Iriver show the output at 18 mW left + 18 mW right max. Is that too little output? If so, what are my options?? Yea, I know the iRiver is no iPod, but it should still do the job, right??
Old    mtb1981            07-20-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
As far as I know, output is measured in voltage (V). Good CD players have 6V outputs. For decent sound I put the volume all the way up on my iPod to get a good feed out of it. I think you may not have enough power comming out of the iRiver, or your deck may not have enough sensitivity on the AUX input. THey make line drivers just for this purpose, check radioshack or the web for designs if you are handy, or buy one if you are not. Good Luck.

(Message edited by mtb1981 on July 20, 2005)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
PMH,

Just try it, if you find it too low then add an EQ or line driver. My little soundstream mp5xo accepts a signal from almost any source, it has a hi/lo sensitivity adjustment button right on the face.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-21-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
PMH,

My sony AUX input has a level control as well. Try and find that setting on yours and bump it up. Should help your volume problem.