Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Newest Track drops tomorrow. Super Stoked. Can't wait. This album will be much different and more complex than Relapse.

As reports of Eminem's next album Recovery have the internet buzzing, news has just surfaced that the album's first single may be dropping this Friday (April 30) at 3:00 AM.

According to Philadelphia's 96.1 KISS FM's website, the single will be titeld "Not Afraid." YouHeardThatNew.com reports that the song will not feature the accent that Eminem used on Relapse, and was the object of much ridicule.

Eminem seemingly confirmed the single via his Twitter account (@Eminem) by writing, "I'm 'Not Afraid.'"

Recovery is set to hit stores June 22.

UPDATE: Radio personality Angela Yee has confirmed that "I'm Not Afraid" will hit airwaves this Thursday (April 29) morning.

The song is to debut on Shade45, Eminem's uncensored Hip Hop satellite radio station, according to Angela Yee's twitter (@angelayee).

SANTA MONICA, CA - April 15, 2010 - The much-anticipated new album from Eminem, Recovery (Aftermath/Interscope), will be released June 22, 2010, it was announced today by Interscope Records. On Recovery, his seventh major label studio album, Eminem has reached out to an exciting list of first-time collaborators, including DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da, among others.

Eminem releases Recovery just over a year after his last album, 2009’s Relapse. Relapse put the cap on an impressive ten years of recorded output, and contributed to Eminem being the biggest selling artist of 2000-2009. In recognition of this, Neilsen SoundScan named him their Artist of the Decade. Relapse entered the charts at #1 and, at nearly double platinum, was the best selling rap album of last year. It also earned Eminem his 11th Grammy award, winning in the Best Rap Album category. Relapse’s first single, “Crack A Bottle” from Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (Eminem’s second #1 after 2002’s “Lose Yourself”) and set a SoundScan record at the time of its release for opening week download sales (418,000). The album also spun off two other hits; the Top 10 “We Made You” and Top 20 “Beautiful.”

"I had originally planned for Relapse 2 to come out last year," remarked Eminem. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to Relapse started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album. The music on Recovery came out very different from Relapse, and I think it deserves its own title."

Eminem has sold more than 78,000,000 albums worldwide. After 1999’s quadruple platinum The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) and The Eminem Show (2002) became two of the Top 5 best selling albums of the 2000s, with approximately 10,000,000 copies
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-28-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Looking forward to this. I love Eminem's music.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
The question I have is do I rush out & buy it? or just turn the radio to shady45 and hear it free???
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
For the most part I HATE mainstream hip hop, but I do enjoy most of Eminem's music.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Can't wait!

I don't know why a lot of people didn't like Replase. I thought it was great. As good as Marshall Mathers or Eminem Show? No.. but what is? I thought his delivery and flow were top notch.

Now, we're just crossing our fingers for a tour.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-28-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
For the most part I HATE mainstream hip hop, but I do enjoy most of Eminem's music.
LOL, Almost like me except, for the most part I hate hip hop, but I like Eminem.

I thought Relapse was awesome!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-29-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Okay since it is coming out today where the hell can I listen to it? I don't have satellite radio.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-29-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
relapse sucked. It was the same song like 15 times.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
It's available for download all over the net right now. not greatest song ever, but not bad. Back to his normal voice and change in tempos.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
I thought Relapse was badass. Relapse Refil's songs were tight too. This new song is good too.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-29-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'm not a fan of most any rap. I listen to some of what my sons download on I-tunes and whatever ends up on my I-pod. Some is okay and some is just horrible.... my opinion of course. However, I do appreciate the way Eminem writes his songs, uses different instruments, sounds and samples to produce a song. Take into account my age... 46.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       04-29-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
Kinda weak.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Weak?? Seriously? He is so raw and emotional and you can hear it in every word of the song. Thumbs up from me.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
I love his music. I have every album, maybe just a few songs from the last one. If it doesn't have a beat that gets the head bobbin, it doesn't appeal to me.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
I can kind of understand that.. as Dre's beats are, in my opinion, the best in hip hop. I really enjoy his flow and the emotion that comes out of his music.. so even if the beat isn't as great as I'm used to.. I'm still a fan.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-29-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
"(Expletive that,) I'd rather turn this club into a barroom brawl. Get as rowdy as Roethlisberger in a bathroom stall."

Haha. Big ben you suck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Kinda weak.
+1