Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    tcboarder            05-31-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
My girlfriend bought a pair of the 05 Minx LEs last year at the end of the season and used them 2 times. So we dryed them out and them put them in the box for the winter, when i pulled them out of the box to put them on her board this year both the bindings have discolored really bad. On the toe part of the foot bed where the bindings are suposed to be white turned tan and it wasent just a little bit, both bindings did it completly it almost looks as if them are suposed to come like that but we know there not. Also ther front half of the underlay under the laces turned tan but the back part dident.
I was just wondering if anyone else had this prob with there bindings becasue the are quite ugly now and shes really un happy.
Thanks, Kevin
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-31-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
It sounds like water was still present when you put them up. Try cleaning them, that may help past that it is probably permanent because of how long they have been sitting.

good luck
Old    tcboarder            06-02-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
I get what your sayin about the water and everything but we let them dry out for 3 or 4 weeks before we put them away so im pretty sure thats not the prob. We took them to the local LF shop and the guy tryed to tell me all bindings fade in time but man they were used 2 time and i really dont think its fading i think there was a defect in the material they made them out of because only half the binding did it not the whole thing but they called up lf and they said discoloration isisnt covers and that were SOL so im pretty pisted and now im just gonna stay away from LF stuff after this experance. maybe ill post some pics later but its off to work now.
Kevin
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-02-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
I wonder if i get white sphynx or white shane's if they will be green next year after riding in elsinore for a season.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-02-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Kevin, I went into a local shop a week ago with some new '06 LE Minx's on display and the grey exposed part of the tongue had discolored exactly like what you're saying. I don't know what you can do about it but if they did get traded in for a warranty you'd only be getting more boots that would discolor. You'd think LF would find a way to correct this problem?