Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Just a reminder for everybody who lives out my way, the Chicago Boat Show starts tomorrow and goes through Monday! Step Up Productions is setting up a gnarly looking rail jam... Don't miss this one!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-11-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Tomorrow nights shindig!
Attached Images

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-17-2012, 5:09 AM Reply   
Got to the show just before closing on monday night. Good news is that i saw all kinds of sold signs. I hope this is a good reflection on our economy.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
From all indications, the sales numbers were extremely strong this year. There is some real signs of life in the inboard market as compared to the last two years.

We had a VERY strong show in the Skier's Choice and Correct Craft booth, the boys over at Malibu had some success as well. I even heard that MC squeeked got things done this year. Didn't hear much as far as deals from Centurion or Tige, but I was happy to see both brands represented well there.

The top pontoon and deck boat dealers booths were hoping and I'm pretty sure their pens ran out of ink.

Granted, we're not in 2006-2007 anymore, but dare I say....we're back baby!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
I was in the Tige booth for a little bit. It seemed like they were getting a decent amount of traffic. Ruck was in that booth too, and he had a few people talking to him as well.

I talked to the guys who were there in the Centurion booth also - Water Werks. Maybe I was talking to the wrong guy, but he told me they just picked up the line because all of their customers were putting towers on their boats. He didn't seem to know anything about the boats, wakeboarding, or wakesurfing. He said he was looking forward to trying it. In fact, he told me that they unwrapped their 2nd and 3rd boats there at the show. Their booth didn't seem very busy either. I hope they learn about it, and end up making it. Its nice to see another brand in the area. They are actually on my way home from work, so I might stop in and see if there is someone else there who knows about the sport and/or boats.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-18-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
I was in the Tige booth for a little bit. It seemed like they were getting a decent amount of traffic. Ruck was in that booth too, and he had a few people talking to him as well.

I talked to the guys who were there in the Centurion booth also - Water Werks. Maybe I was talking to the wrong guy, but he told me they just picked up the line because all of their customers were putting towers on their boats. He didn't seem to know anything about the boats, wakeboarding, or wakesurfing. He said he was looking forward to trying it. In fact, he told me that they unwrapped their 2nd and 3rd boats there at the show. Their booth didn't seem very busy either. I hope they learn about it, and end up making it. Its nice to see another brand in the area. They are actually on my way home from work, so I might stop in and see if there is someone else there who knows about the sport and/or boats.
The Tige booth was probably my favorite stop in the show. Chris (direct rep for Tige) was extremely nice and provided some great info. I love Nautiques, but when the team rider is the only person at the display that bothers to talk to potential customers, that's a bad sign. Mastercraft had a nice display, but 100k for an x2 blows my mind. The girl handing out brochures tried to tell me how cool it was with the all black gel coat and huge rims on the trailer; she seemed genuinely confused when I asked how that would help my wakeboading.

I had a similar experience to yours at the Centurion booth. The factory rep seemed unwilling or unable to provide details on the boats, and the guys from Water Werks couldn't even tell me if they would be carrying the line for any longer than it takes to sell the three boats they currently have. That wasn't exactly a vote of confidence for the brand or it's longevity in the Chicagoland area.

All in all, it was a pretty good show. It definitely was the most wakeboats I have seen in one place.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
NAW nailed it. This was the best show we have had in 5 years hands down. The traffic was great and the vendors were all there. From the Malibu side of things the show was an absolute success. The MXZ was the definite favorite in the booth. It was great to see all the inboard lines represented at the show.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-20-2012, 10:05 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I missed the show after planning on attending all week. I was really excited to check out the Tige boats. Will just have to swing by the new dealer and check them out but it sounds like it was a good show!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2012, 5:43 AM Reply   
Been hearing nothing but good things coming out of boat shows this year, awesome.
Old     (stinkman)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-23-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:

Its true, we did just take on the centurion line and yes we recieved our boats not even 30 days before the chicago boat show. I apologize that you got the impression we do not know our product, I assure you we can go through the boat from stem to stern about the construction,engine,trans,warranty,electronics and other features. Also its true we do not have much experience wakesurfing but in the chicagoland area who does?Its New!!! We will learn to not only do it ourselves but be able to give helpful info to others who enjoy the sport.
I'm glad you like to see the product being represented this year and i hope you do stop in 1 of our showrooms even if its just to give us a couple pointers or suggestions on the sport. If you come in to see a centurion or any of the other 100 or so boats we have in stock please check our website for its location so you don't waste a trip. In June we will be at the 31st strreet harbor for the in-water boat show with the centurions and with a pro wakesurfer to give demonstrations i hope i see you there!!! Thanks Again
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
Hey Joe,
Wakesurfing has been around for a little bit, I've been doing it since 2006 and it was around well before I started doing it. If you would like, I'd be happy to have you guys out for some wakeboarding / wakesurfing. I boat about 50 minutes east of you in LaPorte, In. I also had a Centurion for 5 seasons, so I am a little familar with the line. Are you in the Country Club Hills location? If so, I might stop in.

ps. I don't know if they are still in business, but here in Chicago we had a company that made wakesurfers. They were supposed to be pretty good. I never had the chance to try one. they are Endless Break. Their website is http://www.endlessbreak.com/
Old     (stinkman)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-23-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
The Tige booth was probably my favorite stop in the show. Chris (direct rep for Tige) was extremely nice and provided some great info. I love Nautiques, but when the team rider is the only person at the display that bothers to talk to potential customers, that's a bad sign. Mastercraft had a nice display, but 100k for an x2 blows my mind. The girl handing out brochures tried to tell me how cool it was with the all black gel coat and huge rims on the trailer; she seemed genuinely confused when I asked how that would help my wakeboading.

I had a similar experience to yours at the Centurion booth. The factory rep seemed unwilling or unable to provide details on the boats, and the guys from Water Werks couldn't even tell me if they would be carrying the line for any longer than it takes to sell the three boats they currently have. That wasn't exactly a vote of confidence for the brand or it's longevity in the Chicagoland area.

All in all, it was a pretty good show. It definitely was the most wakeboats I have seen in one place.
Matt,Mattie, My man, At first i thought you were being mean then i thought you must work for a dealer or manufacturer but in any case i have to defend my Centurion Rep, He is extremely knowledgable on the product and is a watersports fanatic, not only that, he was the Rep for one of the major Manufacturers in this market for more than 7 years. You know the one you think is to expensive. As far as Water Werks standing behind our boat brands we have techs going to schooling for drivetrans, we have sales staff including myself going to classes with Centurion to learn the sport of wakesurfing and we are in the process of changing around our store to make room for all the wakeboards,kneeboards,surfboards and tubes that we now sell to our customers.
Water Werks sells Monterey,Alumacraft ,Lund,Centurion and Berkshire products, All are High-end top quality boats (no low quality at all) In a time when more than 50% of this industry went out of bussiness we continued to change with the times and make good decisions.
With a staff that has almost 300 years combined experience we only do things for the long hall (longevity) Water Werks is if not 1st in our market share than at least in the top 3 Impressive considering we sell against the 2 major big box stores in our industry and all other dealers. I hope this adds a little confidence for you and if you are from another dealer or manufacturer then i realise you already know of our performance. If you have time you should visit our website and sign in on the guestbook that way we can keep you up to date on all the events we have planned in the future. Thank You for your comments, It helps us plan better for the future.

Last edited by stinkman; 01-23-2012 at 1:58 PM.
Old     (stinkman)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-23-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yes sir, I am at the CCHills location, Please stop in i would love to learn about things i should maybe stock and promote. I understand that its not brand new to boaters but new to this marketshare, I know Gull lake and lake affect sells wakesurf boats and centurion, they shared the booth space with us. Right now i stock the (affordable) products like body glove and airhead and would like to know what is hot in the industry that i might be able to sell. Please sign up to our guestbook on the website this way when we do the inwater boat show i can get you out on a new Centurion and it won't cost you a dime. Thanks for responding.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
Joe,
What are your hours where are you? I might stop in sometime this week.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
you might want to PM me or email me so it doesn't get taken down.
Old     (stinkman)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-23-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Joe,
Wakesurfing has been around for a little bit, I've been doing it since 2006 and it was around well before I started doing it. If you would like, I'd be happy to have you guys out for some wakeboarding / wakesurfing. I boat about 50 minutes east of you in LaPorte, In. I also had a Centurion for 5 seasons, so I am a little familar with the line. Are you in the Country Club Hills location? If so, I might stop in.

ps. I don't know if they are still in business, but here in Chicago we had a company that made wakesurfers. They were supposed to be pretty good. I never had the chance to try one. they are Endless Break. Their website is http://www.endlessbreak.com/
I checked endless break, no updates on thier website since may 2011 and no answer on the phone. Not a good sign but it is winter