Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-18-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hey, So my husband gets a "hot" tip from a friend that furniture polish works for cleaning water spots after taking the boat out of the water, plus it leaves a wax finish on the boat and builds up over time so leaves boat waxed! I just don't know about this, it makes me nervous that it could wreak havoc on our boat! has anyone else ever heard of this before?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Doesn't sound very good for the lake. All those oils in the water. $.02
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Furniture polish, like Pledge, does clean a boat and shine it but it does not last long. Lots of people have used this for fibreglass cars because it keeps dust off. I used to use it when mine were in a show as a fast shine. (I think the Lemon Pledge also gave it a nice fresh scent)

I would recommend a different approach for a boat.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Leave it on the furniture. Much better products for the gel.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-18-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
I have been using 50 water/50 vinegar mix to wipe down. I then use the Dollar Store furniture polish- lemon scent to polish after each trip to the lake. It works well and I have been very happy with the results for the last 4 years.