Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2012, 3:25 AM Reply   
Placed an order on Jan 12 for a Tige Z3. Working with Forte's Inboard in Largo, FL. Same dealer I bought my '10 Ve from 2 yrs ago. Worked a trade on the Ve and the order was placed with Tige. All this was done via email, pics, and videos while I am in Afghanistan. Tony at Forte's was patient, professional, and great to deal with while I put everything together.

We have a tentative completion date of Feb 20th, and I will be home mid March to pick it up from the Forte's.

Here are the options I chose to go with on the Z3

6.0L 409HP Cat Motor
Flex Paint Scheme
Boat Cover
Stainless Steel Rub Rail - Grey
EIDB System (Dual Batteries)
Salt Water Steering
Salt Water Flush Kit
Fresh Water Strainer
Docking Lights
2 Underwater Transom Lights
Pro Ballast System - 2300 lbs
Custom Color Alpha Z Tower - Stone
Clamping Swivel Surf/Wake Racks - Black
Tower of Power w/Rev 8s
Transom Display Remote
Surf Bimini Top and Boot - Black
Tower Accent Lights
Custom Color Rev 8 Rings - Stone
Carlotta Steering Wheel
Billet 180 Mirror w/Bracket

To be Removed from Ve for Install on Z3
WS-420
Acme 1235 Prop
ChpThrll Custom Sacs for Ve rear lockers. (not sure on how these will fit in the Z3 yet, but we will find out)
Pro-Sport 20 Battery Charger/Maintainer

Trailer
Standard Z3 dual axle
Side Mount Spare Mount w/Wheel and Tire
Stone and Red Pen Striping

The Final color combo...
Tower is Stone and Rev8s will have Stone Rings on the front.

The Boatmate Trailer was delivered yesterday, and Mark Gibbs (formerly Tige, now Boatmate) threw in the diamond plate on the fenders and steps. Looks sharp!

Last edited by guma; 01-21-2012 at 3:29 AM.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2012, 3:26 AM Reply   
Oh, and of course I will be adding pics as I get them from the factory as the Z3 makes it way down the assembly line.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2012, 3:39 AM Reply   
I know all the WW members are looking forward to seeing another Tige build thread! That is one sharp looking boat! As many WW members have already stated Tige's are the hottest looking boats on the market right now.Keep those pics coming.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-21-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
congrats ! I agree they are very sharp looking boats, cool towers and lots of bling, wondering what kind of price range, 75 plus on a trailer ?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
congrats ! I agree they are very sharp looking boats, cool towers and lots of bling, wondering what kind of price range, 75 plus on a trailer ?
I would guess a good bit more than that considering I was looking at a bare bones Z1 at the boat show and with a discount it was at 60k.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
Dont know what he paid but seems like they are going loaded up $85k plus. Someone said they seen one stickered at $98k.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-21-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
Great looking boat. I hope you get home safe and spend a lot of time on it this Summer!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
I really like what Tige is doing these days. I would look into them if I was in the market.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!

I'll give ya not quite high 80's, but other than that I will keep pricing between myself and the dealer. We did some negotiating, and he even ended up throwing in the 180 Billet Mirror and Mount at no charge. I was happy where we ended on price compared to where we started. There was also the trade-in on the '10 22Ve in the mix.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-23-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Nice trailer Johnny! Can't wait to see some mold pics of the boat!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-23-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Congratulations on your boat, love that color scheme, clean and simple...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-25-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
Yes, very nice color scheme. Definitely put the pics up when you get them because I'm very curious about the whole build process. My build pics are just starting to come in. As soon as I get them in order and get a little info on what's happening in each pic, I'll start posting them!
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-03-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Alrighty folks first pictures are in... Jean Wagner from Tige had started a thread for me on the tigeowners forum, so I got to see pictures of our boat first thing this morning at work. Hope you guys enjoy the build pics as much as I do...

Foreground is our hull, and back ground is our deck being pushed into the gel coat booth.

First color of gel coat in the hull. Dang this thing is huge!
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-04-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Guma, Are you going to take the factory tour? Cant decide if I will when my Z3 is done. Would love to check out their facility!!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
I remember seeing your Ve at the shop before you got back from Afgan. I would have taken it off your hands!!!! Look forward to seeing the Z3 and ride in it at the reunion.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Looked at one real quick at the Seattle Boat show. Are they really getting 85-90k for a loaded up Z3? That is what the one at the Seattle boat show was listed for and that wasn't MSRP. I think MSRP was over 90. It was about the same price as a loaded up RZ4.

Nice looking boat by the way.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-04-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Guma, Are you going to take the factory tour? Cant decide if I will when my Z3 is done. Would love to check out their facility!!
I took the factory tour when I bought my 22Ve. Not to say I wouldn't want to do it again, but unless I have a trip to Texas I will probably pass this time around.

Quote:
I remember seeing your Ve at the shop before you got back from Afgan. I would have taken it off your hands!!!! Look forward to seeing the Z3 and ride in it at the reunion.
The 22Ve should be at the shop now, but Tony says someone is very interested in picking it up. Check in with Tony.... We will definitely be at this year's reunion, so hit me up we would be glad to give as many pulls as people want!
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-07-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
Pics that Jean sent me yesterday...

Hull mold with 2nd color gel coat..

Hull mold with 2nd color gel coat

Hull mold with 3rd color of gel coat

Foreground is the engine hatch mold waiting Stone Gel coat, Deck mold getting Stone gel coat in the background

Deck mold finishing up Stone gel coat
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-08-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
More pics from Jean yesterday... It is awesome to get this many pictures of the build process!

Lamination going in the hull

Deck Lamination going on...

Tige Lifeplus Core Stronger being fiberglassed into place...

The floor finished up...

Next up, hull and deck are removed from the molds and we get to see some colors!
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-09-2012, 3:46 AM Reply   
fascinating, thanks for sharing.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-09-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
The Money shots are in...

Deck being pulled from the mold

Wait for it...

WAIT for it...

In the infamous words of Emerial LaGasse...

BAM!

2 shots of the hull and deck fused together, now she looks like a boat!

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-09-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
Ah yeah! Its finally taking shape!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
Dayum! Hopefully some day I can convince the Mrs to buy a new one!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-10-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Mrs?
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-10-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Really really cool. That is going to be a nice looking boat. I don't see a lot of Tige in my area but when I have they have always caught my eye. they are great looking boats.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-12-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
Upside down for underwater gear install.

Rudder, TAPS plate, exhaust port, swim platform brackets, tow ring, grab handle, and d-rings installed. Hole cut for radio remote too.

Tracking fins on, ports for ballast vent and empty lines, housing for docking lights installed, and the 47 gallon gas tank getting ready to go in.

Next up dashboard install.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-12-2012, 9:17 PM Reply   
That is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished! Congrats on the new ride!
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-14-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
more pics from Jean today. Dash, electrical and the powerplant went in...

Start of Dash Install

More dash install, just not on our boat... Jean tried to slip on by me...LOL You see our boat top right.

Dash and Electrical complete

PCM 6.0L 409 Cat Motor

Another BEAUTIFUL side shot
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
Great looking boat. Is your tower going to be white or red?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-14-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
The tower will be stone to match the boat. Pictures don't show the stone color so well.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-14-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Alright, it's official. I'm sold. After seeing the last few build threads - I'm going Tige next..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-14-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
Boat is looking great. Thanks for the pics of the build process. Very cool. After looking at the boats at the show they were nice. They are right on the heel's of Malibu and Nautique. I would say Mastercraft but they are so far out in left field(not necessarily in a good way) that I am not even sure they are comparable. There are a couple things that are weird to me in there boats though. They still have cupholders down by your feet. I never understood that. A very less then ideal spot. Are they putting any in the combing pads in the cockpit or bow yet? Another thing is the driver's side front cockpit speaker. What is the deal with just slapping it in the baffle board at the drivers feet? Seems like a cheap afterthought way to do it. Why not stick it in the side moulding like most boats? I actually think the best way it has been done is my Centurion and MB I think. They have the recessed area in the cockpit combing pads that have cupholders and 2 spots for speakers on each side and then recessed areas in the bow with cupholders and speakers. This keeps the speakers behind the back rests for those seats. Also it is nice because if you wanted to you could easily do 2 speakers in the sockpit and 2 in the bow, 4 in the cockpit and none in the bow or 4 in the cockpit and 2 in the bow. The speaker being down by the drivers feet is also kidn of weird because I don't think it would sound as loud as the other side. In addition it kind of looks like all the speaker locations for Tige are afterthoughts. It looks like they designed the boat molds and said oh crap, we forgot to put area's for speakers. Lets just use a big hole saw and stick them in the seat base area.

Looking at those pictures I also don't care for how the storage area's under the seats aren't open all the way to the back. I would much rather have it completely open when you lift up the seat.

All these things are pretty minor I wouldn't affect my decision if I liked everythign else about a Tige but just small things I think should eb done differently that make sense.
Old     (colosurfer)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-14-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
I dont think Tige is on the heels of anybody.. I think they are designing and building the best boats on the market. They are in fact the fastest growing inboard company in production right now. Tells me they are doing it right. Guma, your boat is turning out beautiful!! love the colors you picked. Cant wait to get my Z3.. Hopefully I will be posting some build pic's soon.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-14-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
That thing have a crapper under the glove box? Or did that guy just take a dump in your new boat?
Old    9Drozd            02-14-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
Tige's facebook posted a picture of im pretty sure your boat. Might want to check it out. It had the tower installed. BTW great looking boat.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-14-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
Lionel - he is adding my "secret compartment"

and now for more pics... Yep Jean sent me two sets of pictures yesterday, have I said how much she ROCKS!!!!

Rub rail going on. Went with stainless and Gray, should look really sharp. You can also see the Stone colored speaker rings I opted for on the tower.

Rub rail almost done

Rear shot with Tower, and you can see the 2 underwater transom lights as well.

And the Glamour shot... Tower, tower speakers, rub rail (covered up for shipping) and windshield.

I believe the vinyl is next, then prep for shipping to sunny Florida!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-14-2012, 10:18 PM Reply   
Dang, I want one......How much is that option!?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-15-2012, 5:00 AM Reply   
Leave off their funky sticker set-up, and that boat would look beautiful exactly as it looks right now. It looks so clean, and the lines are tremendous.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-15-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Leave off their funky sticker set-up, and that boat would look beautiful exactly as it looks right now. It looks so clean, and the lines are tremendous.
I like the vector graphics, but I am thinking about removing the front section of graphics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-15-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Ok, I guess I can live with that
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-15-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
more PICS...

All the upholstery on the cart

Upholstery going in the bow. Get a really good look at the Stone color of the boat, and loving the diamond pattern stitching on the vinly

Cabin shot of the upholstery install. After this, NO more shoes in the boat guys! LOL

The BEAST, PCM 6.0L 409 - Anyone a Beach Boys Fan?

Completed Dash with the Carlotta steering wheel. They also changed the location of the ignition. My 22Ve was on the left side of the wheel.

Transom shot with the Engine hatch open. Love the gray and stainless rub rail that we chose. Thanks Tony for pointing out that we had options on color here.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
OK guys here are the final pics.

Prepare yourself for picture overload! Enjoy, because I know I sure did!

Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Sorry guys, some of the pics are too big... I will have to fix it tomorrow.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-16-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
Boat looks awesome! That head shot looks mean!

giddy up giddy up 409
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-16-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
Purdy! What bimini are you planning to go with?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Purdy! What bimini are you planning to go with?
Went with the surf bimini
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-16-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
Beautiful, but you should upgrade that trailer!
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
What do you mean that trailer is the bomb and it should easily 70 mph down the road!

Here is a link to my album until I can get the larger pictures taken care of...

2012 Tige Z3
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-17-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
Ok finally got around to resizing some of he larger pics...

OK guys here are the final pics.

Prepare yourself for picture overload! Enjoy, because I know I sure did!

Edit: edited the picture sizes so they all show up in the thread...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-18-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Looks Awesome Johnny!!!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-18-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Great looking boat Johnny! I bet you are dying to get home and see it!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-18-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
The front view looks insane. That is one mean looking Tige.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
cool build process and pics.. congrats
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-21-2012, 1:39 AM Reply   
Thanks again guys for all the compliments!

She has made it to her home state of Florida...LOL This is a pic Tony Forte sent me yesterday, and it is really cool, because our Ve is in the background...

The Old and the New
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-21-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
Alrighty, I know how much you guys hate pictures of boats...

Tony took these for me as they took her off the transport trailer, and as they got it all put together.

I just know you washed your hands Kevin...LOL

Clamping Wake/Surf Racks

Color matched ring on the Rev 8s

Billet 180 Mirror

That is sharp looking, Thanks Tony!

Another great shot of the Ve we traded in for the Z3

Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-22-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
love the boat, especially the small things like the mirror and board racks (the look so frickin simple and no bungees!). one curious question....i really like the stone color, very different and really looks better on the outdoor pics and flows nicely from the interior to exterior. how did you choose that color over the standard white?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-22-2012, 4:23 AM Reply   
Yea I am loving the new board racks with the clamp. Had to promise my first child for them thought... LOL

White has never been my first choice. Main factor for the Stone color was to match my Silver Chevy Tahoe...
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
I am not a normal red fan but wow. I may have to stop in and hump the side of your boat! Looks great. See you guys at the Lake Roy reunion you can probably put my tiny x star inside your Z3.