Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
yeah, but what else is there to do in castaic? nothing!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
magic mountain, and hurricane harbor for the kids. you have motocross nearby for those who want to do that. not sure about the party scene though. I dont hang out in castaic.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
mm and hh are all-day things.

quote:

I dont hang out in castaic.

cause there's nothing to do!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
true.
hey, I am just trying here Joe. gimme a break!
your truck ok???
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       07-12-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Lower lake would be awesome but they should hold it where they held the LA Open. Yeah there's nothing to do in Castaic but Valencia is a real fun town. It's two exits away or 4 miles about. They have everything out there plus six flags too. There's several night clubs going on every night, skatepark, hotels, 2 malls, motocross. Hollywood is a 20-25 minute drive but that's kind of far. It would be a great spot for a tour stop and definately the best spot near LA to do it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
eh, the girl's dad's wanting to fix it w/o going thru insurance. i got a quote this morning from an authorized ford collision center...$4000!!!!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-12-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
ouch! sorry to hear that. at least it is not coming out of your pocket.
and it looks like Chris covered it all for you Joe. now if only I can get a pull on the lower lake.....
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Rio Rider - yes Altamonte was a great spot! Then they put in those walkways about 8 years ago and that shortened the run considerably. They still had it a few years after that, but it was too tight Travis will tell you. He did a great job though, considering the length and running a loaded down X-Star! That probably had a lot to do with it and I'd bet the other factor was $$. Nine times out of ten with anything it's a large part of the equation, anyways...
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
Cranes Roost/Altamonte spot has turned into a condo developed area.
From what I can see, the run and turns can't be much different than being at OWC.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
It's shorter than OWC's run by a good 50 yards I'd bet. It was the mint spot before they put that walkway in on the West side...I remember watching Horrell compete on the wakeboard and Parks was just coming onto the scene as a 15 y/o.

Someone mentioned Barnett Park...
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-13-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
haha do it at EPCOT at disney world wherever those countries of the world thing is, the world showcase, the water in the middle

i thought of wakeboarding that last time :-)
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Washington DC - Potomac River in front of the Monuments. Like mentioned above, it's been a long time since the Northeast has seen a Pro event and the scene has grown a lot here since the last one. My friends and I ride the Potomac a lot during the week and I'd be willing to bet if you talked to the right people you could make it a no-wake zone for the day. Potomac Park is along the DC side of the River, tons of room for vendors, parking, and an awesome place to spectate from. People always sit there and watch us ride. There's also another Park on the Virginia side of the river, but not as much parking.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
Ok I'm going to have to say this again...Kennewick, WA is the PERFECT spot. I can guatantee you would agree once you see it. I'm willing to do anything it takes to get a PWT stop down here in the Tri. Everyone who's been here will back me up on this and say that we need something like that down here and have all the resources available and more.
Old     (ezekiel700)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
Lets get back to the roots. Okeeheelee Park in South Florida! Everyone has seen Shapiro kill it on that lake and it is made for this purpose! Viewing stands, judge towers, tons of parking. We just have to get those skiers out of the wake area.
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-14-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
Haven't read the whole post and am at work but HOW ABOUT THE NORTHEAST!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There hasn't been an event up here in YEARS! People would drive for hours to see it! I don't know about a specific place but anywhere between NJ and Maine would be a HUGE hit! Just my .02
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-14-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Jamie....I agree with you Kennewick would be a sweet spot to hold an event!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Long shot but what about Radar Lake?
Great Water - yes
Viewing area - yes
Vendor area - yes
Parking area - yes
Close to Airports - yes (45 mins)
Close to Lodging - yes (Bellevue 30 mins)
Preferably not on large lake with uncontrollable boat traffic and rollers - definitely not.

We were just talking this morning about how bad we need a stop up here.
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-14-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
Has anyone been to Old Hickory Lake in Nashville tn? They just had an event there called board bonanza. This location would be great. Nashville airport is within 15 min. The cove is protected so there would not be a wind issue and viewing is incredible.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-15-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
notidad - I don't think Hyperlite, LF or gator would like having an event there.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
marine world or berkeley aquatic park would be awesome.
i remember seeing a wakeboarding event in 94 at marine world. that was the first time i had ever seen wakeboarding. i was 6 and we just happened to be at marine world.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2007, 8:49 PM Reply   
Marine world would be great. They had the Natique day there this year andi hear it was a great place Lots of parking and right in the east bay area.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Everyone talks about expanding the sport, blah, blah, blah.... Why wouldn't Ronix highlight a stop. Might turn out to be a heady marketing move. If other pros and companies don't come, that's a poor attitude. If HL, LF or Gator really felt that way it would be bad for their products/business.

Brandi & Joel (Tracy Marine Proshop) - Why the laugh?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-15-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
I don't think Berkeley Aquatic park is very deep. I also believe it's just an inlet from the bay...meaning cold ass salt water!
Old     (cresko)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2007, 11:31 PM Reply   
How about another Canadian stop, Edmonton Alberta. Shalom park. Good parking, situated next to a popular ski hill. 20 Mins from Edmonton, which means alot of hotels. This is a ski lake, man made, good for passes, get to see all the action, always glass, sliders can be put up. Grass area for seating/vendor tents. Close to the airport 20 mins. Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2007, 12:18 AM Reply   
Marine stadium Long beach, Ca!!! would work great and is where the X games used to have the wakeboard Comp
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
some place in Ca the Bay area would be nice we never see that kind of comp.