Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (rb23lsv)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-08-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
My buddies and I are coming down to Mesa from Canada at the end of October and want to do some wakesurfing while we are there. I don't want to drag my boat that many miles and pay $1800 in fuel getting it there and back so I was wondering what would be the best way to go about renting a good surf worthy boat? An Enzo or 23LSV would be ideal but we're open to suggestion. We're probably looking at spending 3-5 days on the water. Any suggestions? Anyone from the Phoenix area looking to get some surfing in at the end of the month while the lakes aren't very busy? Thanks.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-08-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
I am always down for surfing!!!

You could also check craigslist for rentals:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/819680640.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/815181429.html
http://www.azwakeboatrental.com/
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2008, 11:32 PM Reply   
that is a hard one since big boats take huge amounts of ballast for surfing.
Old     (rb23lsv)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-08-2008, 11:47 PM Reply   
Yeah. I learned that it takes about 3000lbs this past summer with my Malibu. I might pack a suitcase full of sacs and pumps! Scott, thanks alot for those sites. Very helpful. How is that Supra to surf behind? What is your lake(s) of choice? I rode a few last November when I was buying my boat down there. I think they were called Canyon and Saguaro? They were Awesome!!!
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-09-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Although I have nothing to compare it to, I think I have the Supra wake dialed in. I run:

800 lbs center ski locker
400 lbs bag on top of center ski locker
750 in rear, surf side, locker
400 on rear seat, surf side (this bag becomes a lounge chair for someone to relax on while observing)
run the wake plate @ 50-75% up
speed set between 10.3-10.7 to "clean-up"
HSE RVC controls the stereo

And so on,

Upload

Oh, and lake(s) of choice. I prefer Canyon Lake on weekdays, small lake (950 acres), but....... this is the lake I practically grew up on, and know every turn, and where to find the good water. Plus, it's the closest. 2nd choice is Bartlett Lake, large enough (2,800+ acres) to accommodate plenty of boats, a little further, but, definitely worth it. I avoid Saguaro like the plague, too many drunk crazies....IMO. Just last weekend, some guy drove his boat in to the dock and drowned. (finally found the body Tues/Weds??)

Look me up when you get here, I'm always looking to hit the water. I don't have much of a board quiver....yet.... CWB Razr & Tsunami, and Inland Surfer LE Woody.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-09-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
here is the latest of caddywampus in az

Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-09-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
more

Upload
Upload
Old     (rb23lsv)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-25-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Scott - PM sent. I'll be there Wed
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-25-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
hey scott, im not super familiar with surfing behind a supra but if it were me i would dump at least half that weight you have up front. every boat i have surfed behind we have never put any weight up front. everything is in just one back corner.