Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-29-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
Flashback to about 3 weeks ago, I'm stoked on my new bindings for the year. A set of 08 PB Floyds. I've been pumped about the stiff ankle support and the comfort of the binding and liner. Now current time I have to say I'm a little upset that just in the past 4 days I have lost 3 parts of the binding to the water.
The first being the small circle clip on the outside of the binding to help tighten the binding down. It's plastic, and it comes off with ease, the slightest pop too hard sends this thing flying to the bottom of the lake.
Next being on Monday afternoon, my left ankle support, being a separate entity of the liner, decides to come off during a hard fall in which my foot came out of the binding,after collecting myself I notice the missing piece and search the top of the water for it thinking nearly all of my wakeboard gear floats. Well no luck, on the swim deck I do a quick test with my other support and it turns out that you have about 4 seconds to save it before it becomes invisible.
Well today, I'm riding with one support, and the same thing happens with the other foot. The lake wins again and eats my other support.
I have no more ankle support, which is why I bought the bindings, and now my bad ankles hate me, Has anyone else had these issues with their Slingshot bindings?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
or you could just call them and they will get them to you really fast. They stand behind their product so just call them. I had a binding plate break a couple weeks ago and they offered to overnight it to me, never had anyone offer me that in the industry. And while your situation can be frustrating, I for one can say their boots stand up better than any other boots I have owned. Call Kyle, he will take care of you! 509-427-4950x0023
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-29-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Thanks! I'll shoot him a call tomorrow. I really liked the binding, I'm just upset that some of the parts, which are constantly being used in water, can separate themselves, and do not float.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-30-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
I dont think making certain plastic/nylon parts of a binding float is really an option when trying to keep weight down and have them fit right, but the separation is definately a bit of a design flaw.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-30-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
I talked to Kyle today and he was very helpful. He is sending me a new set of supports in the mail, Slingshot customer service gets an A from me.
When I receive them I think I'll personally stitch them to the liner to make sure they stay intact.
Old    wiz            04-30-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
try riding without the supports. i love 'em without.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
I love without too, but that is on a D2

... slingshot makes products for people who don't fall, I don't have issues.
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-01-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
nice work Kevin way to help out I know Kyle would appreciate that a lot
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Glad to hear he got ya all fixed up. Kyle is the man! You might try hot gluing them in too, since its fabric it should hold fairly well I would think, or maybe a combo of glue and sewing, Id hate to see your liners weeken up from the stitching. Let us know how it goes!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
or you could sew a tube of neoprene from some old sun-glass chums around the loop of the harnesses and then they would probably float... or something like that if that sounds good