Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
which one and why these two boards only please.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-09-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
I'd say the lyman cause it's pretty.

Seriously, if you want feedback on the boards tell us more about what you want out of a board, not 'which is best'. Each board has it's own characteristics - do you like fast, grippy, soft landings, etc. etc. etc. ??
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-09-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hopefully someone will chime-in who has ridden both boards. I have the 2007 Watson and like it but the Lyman wasn't out yet when I bought mine.

Try to ride both from a local board shop, that's the best way.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
don't have local board shop with lf. Looking for fast soft landings, loose but still able to lock in on the cut.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-09-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
If you want a fast board, definitely the Lyman. The Watson is much slower than the Lyman. I have ridden both quite a bit and prefer the Lyman, but a lot of the guys I ride with still ride the Watson. I feel like the Lyman is faster and lands softer and has better pop. I've never really had a problem with either being loose when flat or locked in when on edge. Hope this helps.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
thanks man
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-09-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
Lyman = Looser (funner ?) but still *controllable, waaay faster, pops more and lands softer. Other than those facts it just comes down to whether or not you like the speed.

*sometimes when you look down you will notice this board will appear to almost be in a butterslide, but it will feel as if it's tracking like normal. I have not in my personall experience noticed this with any other board.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-10-2008, 5:27 AM Reply   
I have the 07 Watson 134. I normally do not like a slow board, but I really like this one. It pops great. The best part, imo is the stability.

It never catches an edge and has the best rails of any board I've ridden. Very consistant and still loose feeling. It has a great spine down the belly that will break any flats landing into butter.

I haven't ridden the Lyman but I rode every other board in their 07 line. My girl got the 07 Melissa and let me tell you that board is magic!