Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well I just had the Jobe, yes you are reading correctly Jobe, rep come into the store with a full line brochure for the Jobe gear (boards, skates, skis, vests, skis, ropes, tubes, etc). All I can remember from Jobe is maybe a board here or there in Costco or Big 5 maybe - that kind of thing . . . . . . .

He tells me they are "THE" board or gear of choice in Europe and there a few pro riders in the US. Anyway I do not have a dealer price list yet, or anything, but the question is . . . . . . for entry level gear is this stuff any good??????????

It looks fairly decent in a brochure, the vests look legit, the bindings/boots look legit, but is it? Any real life experience with this line?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
jobesports.com
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-18-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
I was reading up on their life vests a while back and heard good things. They were just too expensive to get in the US.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
We have a ton of their neo vests that we've bought at Costco over the years. Some zipper failures, but for the most part they have been good.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-19-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
Jobe used to make some high end boards that were ahead of their time and had some tech that their own. I know the Aussies used to love their gear. Demoed couple of their decks and they were great. Ben Eisenhauer used to be their top pro .

Now tho the jibe stuff here in the us is more a value line. I too have at least 5 of their neo vests from Costco. Bomb proof

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-19-2012 at 2:49 PM.
Old     (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-19-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
Back in the day they were the top slalom ski you could get.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-20-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
^I think I still have one in a closet.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-20-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Who came and visited you? Rob Stimmel?

Jobe was owned by or were part of HO/Hyperlite for a long time. I think they are really popular in Europe. I wonder if they have boards that are more cable park friendly and that is how they became so popular in Europe? There are a ton of cable parks in Europe I believe.
Old     (Stephen_at_Jobe)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-30-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey guys, true story! Jobe is making a few dealer rounds. If you are interested in more just shoot me a PM. We will also be at expo so come by and see us if you are in Orlando during that time.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
LOL we had the same visit with same reaction. Good luck to them. We are going to take a closer look at surf expo.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-31-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
Don't discount Jobe as a value brand, they are making solid stuff now, especially in wakeboarding. I've heard great things about the Austin Series from a number of riders. They have solid pros riding for them including Austin Hair who just won Cable Nationals this year and Julian Cohen who was also in the top five at Cable Nationals this year, amongst others. Don't forget that Lyman used to ride for JStar/Jobe and Rusty won the WWA Series riding for JStar/Jobe in 2006. (I actually have one of the boards he actually rode that year and it's still sick but i rarely pull it off the wall anymore.)

I recenty demo'd their flex board, the Guerilla and really liked it. You can check out my review on WW for more details. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794813

I don't want to give away anything I shouldn't but they told me they've got some sweet new stuff coming out at Expo so be on the look out for these guys to blow up, especiually around the cable parks.
Old     (doyall)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-01-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
Wasn't JStar their value line? I have a 2008 JStar Region and if it is a value board then the Jobe brand ones should be great boards. Don't know whether the JStar brand exists any more.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2012, 11:27 PM Reply   
Don't hate me for saying this, but when I think of Jobe, I think of basic life vests and value/cheap wakeboards. As long as they sell their stuff at Costco I imgaine its going to be hard to get past that image.
Old     (Stephen_at_Jobe)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-05-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Stephen here from Jobe. I want to chime in and say thanks for all the love! We are gearing up for expo as I write this and our 2013 gear is looking awesome this year. I wanted to also address the concern that we are a cheap and value brand only. In fact, we haven't been in costco stores for a while now. Anything you see in there should be way way old and yes it is very much a value selection of wakeboards and gear. However, that should not speak to our brand. We have a lot more now, that was then and Jobe now is awesome stuff! Sure, we do have products to cater to the beginner crowd but we also have pro model boards like the Austin Hair Series, and the Guerrilla FLEX to please the pro level audience. I guess what i'm trying to say is Jobe is an entirely different company from what you see in the Costco stores this days. I invite you to have a look for yourself on our website or any local dealership (after expo ) and see what I mean! Also, @brett564 I don't hate you! In fact, shoot me a PM.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-05-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
KKO you gonna start selling wakeboards!!