Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
After months and months of trying the frontroll with no success I decided to try a scarecrow. Basically i CAME IN WITH THE SAME APPROACH BUT YANKED THE HANDLE TO MY BACK HIP RIGHT AFTER i left the wake. The rotation seemed good but my landings were weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvjxxdiBH8

Any tips?

Thanks
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-18-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
looks like you are just struggling with the switch landing, everything looks great. maybe hit it a little harder because it almost looks like the flex of the board messed you on the second one when your tail hit on the landing.
Old    supraguy            09-18-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I agree go a little bigger. Take the trick more up than out. You get a little futher in the flats you got it...
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       09-18-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
it looks like you need more 180. you comming down almost perpendicular to the boat. and on the second one it looked like you landed but the rope was still close the you regular lead hip.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-18-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
Dude just shift that handle to your right hip and you should be money. That'll help complete the last little bit of 180 rotation and put in a position to land more comfortably. Looks good!
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-18-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Looks perfect like adam said. Just try to keep the handle under your belly button and you should be landing those easily. Don't think about moving the handle from one hip to the other, just push it down and hang on for the ride. The boat will do all the work.
Good Luck
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-19-2009, 12:09 AM Reply   
Nick,

It is all in the edge. Your taking a hard turn then flattening off before you get to the wake. Start your turn slower and edge progressively into the wake. Hardest edge at the wake. This will help keep the line tension. Also keep the handle close to your waste with both hands on the handle and you will land it. Then once you feel comfortable with it you can reach down with your front hand and grab the nose.
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2009, 4:06 AM Reply   
anytime you ask how to do a trick on wakeworld you're gonna get a million different tips. Both attempts were good Nick...first attempt had better edging because you waited to flatten off at the top of the wake. Everyone has good tips on here but the main thing you need to work on is doing some toeside fs 180's. You're gonna want to grab the scarecrow sometime too so you might even want to try to just let go with your front hand and that'll even help you rotate the 180 better cause it'll pull your hip around. good job dude.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-19-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
you definitely just need a little more rotation. i haven't done a scarecrow without a grab in years so i can't really remember what it is like landing it two handed, but I find that with my back hand off the handle, the landing is very easy and it helps you get the full rotation.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
+1 for handle to the new front hip. That should help you a TON.

Just pop it, throw like you are then pull the handle to your rear hip and keep it there, if that doesn't work drop one hand
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-19-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Whoops, sorry for the caps in my first post.

But thanks for all the tips guys!

I have been pulling it to my back hip for the rotation like you guys said, but it's hard for me to get it to stay there. i think i right do the same thing but just let go with front hand.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-20-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
I say take your left hand off after you initiate the flip. This should get you body in the right position to land it.. ALSO frees your hand up to put a grab on it!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-21-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
Two things I see here, you leaving the wake a bit early on them, ride up the wake more and trip later your will get a lot more pop.

Second try letting go with your back front hand when you leave the wake, this will force you to get the handle in the correct position and sqaure your shoulders up when you land.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-21-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Like Andy said and like I was trying to say, dropping the "back front hand" is key. I actually can't remember seeing any of my friends land a scarecrow, grabbed or not, with both hands on the handle. Keeping both hands on the handle definitely slows your rotation down because when you do elephants, you keep both hands on the handle for the majority of the trick, and only drop your hand about half way down to the landing.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-21-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
well i used to do back handed scarecrow believe it or not.. blew everyones mind in the boat all the time but i had to fix it for crow mobes. So i started taking my back hand off off the wake and grabbing nose and it fixed everything