Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-11-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
I just ordered a 2 bag make-a-wake system

does anyone else have one of these...and how do you like it?

http://www.make-a-wake.com/ballastsystems.html
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-12-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
just tryin to get this thread to the top

:-) ...I know some of you guys have installed this

anyone?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
I ordered a 3 bag RCIII system. I have not had time to install still waiting on a few thru hull components. It looks like it is a great deal for the electrically challenged and I think the wiring is going to be super easy. I will let you know later
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-12-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
thanks Preston
Daniel told me that he has tied into the raw water sorce for the engine..
since the system is mounted above the water line, there is no robbing from the engine's water...

I drilled a new through hull in my '05 with the Rival system, but dont really wanna do it in my 2007
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I don't know about that raw water intake. I think it is just too risky. In a previous effort to install perfect pass an unnamed MC dealer drilled and placed the paddle wheel in the wrong place. So he had to plug the hole and then put a paddle wheel in the right place. So I am going to use the already drilled hole as my water pickup. What I have to do is use a 2" through hull. 90deg elbow that will reduce from 2 to 1.5". Then put a 1.5" ballvalve. Then reduce with hex bushings down to 1" for the hose barb. I am just waiting on a few of these different fittings to come in and I will be set.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Preston, do you mean a 2" ID thru-hull? I just installed a 1.5" ID thru-hull and had to drill a 2" hole to install it. It also goes into a 1.5" ball valve.
Upload
Either way, that will give you access to a lot of water in a hurry. Can you split it into a manifold before reducing it down to 1"? Does the RC III have to work off of just one supply line, or can you feed all 3 pumps separately? It would be a lot faster if you split it 3 ways.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure that the fitting is a 2" NPT OD. Just for good measure I will go to west marine and get a 1.5" just in case so I can install the system. As you can see from the pic I am attaching there is kind of a manifold built into the system. I agree that it is not the most efficient way but for me it was a great alterntive to doing it myself beccause it is plug and play. I am basically going to have the same thru hull set up as you. I will post some pics once I get the whole thing installed. Thanks for the input and pics

Upload
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-12-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
If you have any queations feel free to give me a call anytime.
Let me know how it your systems work out
Daniel Bragg
Make-A-Wake.com
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
Daniel, on the picture of the RC III, does it have more than one inlet? I was suggesting to Preston that he could split the supply line coming from the TH and feed the system with twice the amount of water. You could have flexible tubing going to the 2 inlets.
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Spliting the inlet would not be worth the effort.The enginering of the system was to get full flow with one inlet. The pumps will only move a certain amount of water and this design alows all that is needed.As stated on my website the rc systems will move 1000# of water in less than 5 minutes.
If you are interested in a custom system we can design one for you.The RC models are easy to install , very versatile and do a great job especially for the cost of the system.
Thanks
Daniel
Make-A-Wake.com