Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks, to all the Coaches at WEST COAST CAMPS. Most people know that I am a ok rider but have been lost for the past two years and my riding hit a wall. Went to West Coast last week and totaly reworked out my edge and pop. If you can go I highly sugest it. Mike, Chad Lowe Rod and the BEASTMASTER have killer edge drills and a down right love for the sport.

They will expalin and teach you the correct fundmentals. I was self taught and have surived for years.

I want you all at west coast to known I have taken what you taught me and applied it to what I already know. Now the blinds and 540's are 100% and the rest will only get better. I see my riding only getting better now that I know the path to follow.

Chad Lowe:
Riding: super slow smooth spins from blind 180 to double grabbed 540 reg and switch.
Coaching: the guy is a text book for drills and body postion.

Mike:
un beliveable DS2 dose him no justice.
Coaching: all about getting you better and will turn around more than 100 times. (haha that thurs moring was heck on the blinds) OH YA MIKE THAT LATE BLIND 180 (THAT JUST ANT RIGHT)

Rod:
Riding:MR,tweaked out poked 180's and killer OA 540 hs and ts. Rod I know you will hit that OA 720 soon.
coaching: easy to relate to and will give up his pull for a student to ride.

Beastmaster
Riding: OMG everything is SO BIG SUPER SIZE. OA 180s killer and HUGE grabbed backrolls.
Coaching: this guy will make it so fun. I don't think I never saw him without a smile on his face.

Once again thanks for you all taking the time and all the 100's of times you turned around for me.

Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
yeah bro i went to that camp last year and had a killer time...i love thoses guys real good times...i bet they still remember me haha but anyways i am going back this year and i AM STOCKED. cant wait.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
So I have been kicking around the idea of going but have a few reservations about calling them up. The main one is age. I am 24 and all the pics I see of the camp are of kids like 18 and younger. I am totally down to chill with someone around 18ish and up but I would feel a bit awkward in a boat full of middleschoolers. I am all about riding but would not want to be stuck trying to hold a conversation with that group for 5 days. Squid what was the demographic like for you? Has anyone over 24 went?
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
yeah dude i was in a sesion with some 20 year olds...and i am 16...alot of people tell me i not only look but act older for my age...you can also chill with all the coaches they are all atleast 21. i am pretty sure ryan is the only young one...but i am in session 6 which is over july and there are spots.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-06-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
Matt, I am 37. It was all good. Coaches are all in your age group and are around all the time. I was the oldest in the group and the youngest was 17. You will have a killer time there is so much riding I doubt that you will even know your around the young kids.

You get 3 sets a day and can ride as long in that set as you want.

Plus its so cool to watch the young ones progress.

The way they have it set up if you follow their steps you will come away with so much. You will be able to progress so fast. Most of all you can correct yourself and know why you didn't land something. Like today I was not getting a trick watched it on the video saw what was wrong and bam corrected it and landed it.

Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-07-2006, 12:24 AM Reply   
Ill be there monday for session 3 should be an awesome time...
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2006, 12:45 AM Reply   
Today? Damn you squid.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
I am here NOW!!! I came last year for the first time. I am 51 and the age here this week is 10 to 55...4 girls the rest guys. The 3 groms have their own boat. But you don't even notice the kids cause they are off doing their own thing. Back at the houseboat they are playing on the paddle boat or fishing over on the rocks. And Mike insists they behave and all the adults make sure they behave too. Right now they are just sitting on the couch eating and being well behaved and quiet. Trust Mike and the coaches. They will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. Squid is right...you really won't notice the age differences because everyone is here to learn and have a good time. Mike, Rod, Beastmaster, and Chad will take care of you. You won't be disappointed!!!
Old     (shiftsnow)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-07-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
is ryan there this session?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
Ryan as in coach Ranger, is coming up to start next weeks session. He had finals at Cal Poly this weeks and is hanging around for my graduation party and then making his way up to camp. Ranger is actually 23, Rod is the baby of the clan, still twenty but we love the Rod and his experience is second to none. Yeah there are some younger kids but all the coaches are your age and are super chill to hang with, they are quick on wake & life lessons, all great guys to talk to. They are all hilarious too. Ask Rod to freestyle for you, he's funny as hell. See you guys soon.

Geri - say hi to Frew for me.

(Message edited by stephan on June 07, 2006)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Hey Heavy..will do when his boat gets back....he and Coop are stompin it this week!!!

Ryan's not here yet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-07-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Geri - I see the water has been decent this week. Nice pic!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Heavy, thats how the water was all last week.

Geri- Tell Rod to stomp that 7 tonight!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-07-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Squid - You are right on target with all the coaches, I'll add Mike McMillen, who has some of the coolest looking spins, blind landings that I have ever seen. And Tyler who cooks some mighty tasty food, and has some mad musical talent, too (made a song for Coops).

Rod (Shaggy), came so close to nailing that 7 last night, he was riding away without the handle. Coops was riding away from Tantrum 2 Blinds without the handle, they both should be claimed tonight.

Having a great time, fixing the backroll (have 4 under the belt in the last day). Highly recommend for any wakeboarder, anywhere.

Cindy, Dana & Corey: I miss you guys alot, will see you when I get home. I love you guys.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Oh man I want to be back there so bad. Good thing I am only 1/2 hour away.

Oh ya and when did Rod get the name (Shaggy)?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Jeff named him last night because he looks shaggy...and like Shaggy!!! Ruh Roh!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Matt...I'm 51 and old enough to be their grandmother

Just landed my switch hs w2w...WOOHOO
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
haha, thats what I thought. He was starting to look like that last week. He must be in full effect right now.

Congrats on the switch hs w2w. Hope they gave you a huge push in the water.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
No...push in's are off limits for me this year Have tubes in my ears so they don't want to take the chance of my ear plugs being out when they do it. Brent didn't realize I had taken them out last week when I landed my hs w2w 180 and now I have an ear infection. But I was still stoked. Glad you had a great time last week.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey Geri!! sounds like you all are having a great time. How is Tommy and Coop doing being away from home??
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Tackleberry and SoCal MOB sounds like you are having a rippen time. Me and the kids miss you, Tackleberry. Go big or go home is our motto. Have a great time, say hi to my dad this weekend, and we'll see you Sunday sometime. Tell Tommy Happy Birthday today.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-08-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Oh yea, you got the frewster on board as well! Sounds like a great time. Happy Birthday Tommy!!
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Geri/Jeff - thanks for the updates! Coop said you are all having an amazing time and that the coaching is AWESOME!! Thanks for looking after my boy:-)I wanna hear the song!!!
CONGRATS on the switch w2w hs, I know you've been working so hard on that! Have a fun bday party tonight for Tommy :-)

TV - wish Eddie tons of luck from cheercamp Swink @ PWT! We are so proud of him!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Can't let Tommy read this til tonight cause he doesn't know about the party. He just got his 180 badge this am...all four 180's. Then he took his cap off and tipped to us

Everyone is out watching Mike right now...I am baking the cake...wait til you guys see the video. It is awesome. I will get Jeff and Coop and Tommy on this after they come back in. I wish I was 16 again...I would live here all summer (I'm still a kid at heart!!!) Thanks for the kudos everyone. Love ya all!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
are you guys riding or posting???

when are you guys hittin' the delta?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
haha, I like that one Joe riding or posting. Lets see today is thursday so that means the bodies are wearing down.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-08-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Sounds "great" Frew! Hope to hear more and possibly see a video on here. Have fun!

Sean
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
Robyn...are Tommy and Coop away from home??? Oh yea, they are!! You would never know. They are having too much fun to miss home. Jeff and I have to put Tommy to bed every night cause he crashes on the couch. He had an awesome party last night. We head to the delta this afternoon for a ride tomorrow am. This old body needs a body recovery day
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Hey Joe...Frew wants to know if you have ever heard of Wifi??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
yes, i have. but are you guys riding or posting?

when are you guys gonna be at the delta?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
One is just as important as the other Delta = tomorrow---Saturday
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
haha! good point geri!

we'll be at the delta tomorrow, but we'll be at the northern part, at the meadows. if you guys venture out that way, give me a call. frew and coop have my number.

have fun!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Man that sounds like a killer time. I wish I was there right now. Someone punch McMillen in the arm for me. He's a sandbagger.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey Evan....you mean McNasty? Check this pic out

Got some great photos of Allen from our "chase" boat yesterday. I'll put them on here when I edit them.

Joe...we were at Orwood??

Here's to Mc Nasty

Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-11-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Evan...this was for you!!