Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   

Man.. Look at that wake / wave

So legit.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
I agree both wake and wave are very large.So is the boat. Tons of freeboard. I wonder how much it weighs? To me 19 people would be a bit crowded.I think 7 to 8 would would be more comfortable. Awesome wake though.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-21-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Almost any boat is going to give a massive wake if it is big and heavy enough. I'm sure it is a great boat, but not my cup of tea. Looks like a floating pig IMO
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-21-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
I wonder if at 25', we start seeing people keep these boats in the water at marinas with bottom paint on them. At 5900lbs dry weight for just the boat, that thing is not going to be fun to trailer for most.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
That wakesurf wake looks great, and Shawn Watson rips!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-21-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
i want to sell my house and buy this boat.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-21-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
I like it. the wake looks perfect. Hopefully a G21 is in the works, because I may have a chance to ride behind one of those one day.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-21-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Totally badass... And a very well made video on top of that!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-21-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
5900lbs isn't that much to tow around if you have a diesel truck... with the price tag on the G25 ill assume most people buying it don't have to worry about money
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
I know what I am buying when I win the lottery! Man that thing is nice.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-21-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
Hail to the King Long live the King. I am looking forward to the G21 also.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-21-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Hail to the King Long live the King. I am looking forward to the G21 also.
....wow....
Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       07-21-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
So are they going to use the G23 or G25 at nationals this year then? That wake is insane though!! I defiantly want to see the G21!
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-21-2012, 10:28 PM Reply   
I'm worried where this sport is heading. I don't care about the Mastercraft/Nautique arguments as the problem is the same... How big, how complex electronically, and how expensive can these boats get before their primary customers can't afford them? I absolutely wish I had one, but damn are these things getting out of hand.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-22-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I'm worried where this sport is heading. I don't care about the Mastercraft/Nautique arguments as the problem is the same... How big, how complex electronically, and how expensive can these boats get before their primary customers can't afford them? I absolutely wish I had one, but damn are these things getting out of hand.
Don't worry, if there is a market for a smaller, less complicated, less expensive wakeboard boat somebody will build them. In fact that is a market niche that Sanger, Momba and to a degree axis and MB Sport live in.
Old     (Guitarcrazy)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-22-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Agreed. That looks like an awesome boat, but no way could I ever justify spending that much on a boat. I do think it looks nicer than my MB, but not 3 times as nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Don't worry, if there is a market for a smaller, less complicated, less expensive wakeboard boat somebody will build them. In fact that is a market niche that Sanger, Momba and to a degree axis and MB Sport live in.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
QFT
Quoted for truth.

And yes, about the boats being bottom painted, yes. I've seen 210's at the factory getting work done - with bottom paint. So yeah. Two hundred thousand dollar lake boat. I'm worried too.

That being said, it's the new top dog. Sorry. Again Correct Craft took a serious risk and it is paying off in spades. Nobody is touching this thing either in wake, size or price. I wish I had a G25. Not a G23 anymore. Hell, solve the twofoot-itis right there and get the bigger one and be done. Money being no object - done. But I didn't get into this sport to have to pine for the best boat or covet one.

It's more than a general anxiety. I am worried that I'm being priced out of the running by orders of magnitude and I make more than 6 figures - which is nothing these days. We're getting to a point where a new one of these is like 5, 6 (x) times my budget.

Which is utterly bananas.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-22-2012, 4:27 AM Reply   
G21 is coming.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-22-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Is it just me, or does this 25 foot platform look less "bloated" than the 23. For sure looks more proportional than the its 23 foot counterpart. Be interesting to know what all changed / where the extra 2 feet was added.

Looks sick..

I always get a good LOL out of the age old comment "most people buying it don't have to worry about money" assuming that all people who would buy this boat can EASILY afford the initial purchase PLUS all the other associated cost with ease
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
I might be wrong but do believe it was 18 in. in the cockpit and 6 in. in the bow. Its massive but handles and drive just like the G23 imo. Very impressed with it.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Seeing someone wakesurfing behind that thing in a debut promotional video is ****ing horrifying. Seriously. Where's their head.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-22-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
Bryce,

If you can't afford the initial cost plus any associated costs easily I do not think you should be purchasing a boat north of $130,000. If a boat like that is tightening your budget, you probably need to get something a little more in line with your salary.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-22-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
^^ then they aren't targeting you..

easy as that.
Old     (tke104)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-23-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Honestly, I hope they make a 500k boat, take in a profit of 250k for each one they sell (to lons), and use that to lower the price of their other boats. That will never happen though, because they will just continue to charge whatever they want for every boat in their line, and people will continue to buy them.

This boat was created to "tap into another market". This was not created for people who drive 230s on small to medium lakes. This is for the family who has a 20 mil house on Tahoe, who would otherwise drop 250k+ on a Cobalt. That is also why there is more wakesurfing than wakeboarding in the video, because stereotype: there are many more rich people who want to drink beers while wakesurfing than want the perfect wakeboard wake.