Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    nocky            11-02-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Hey all....

I've just finished fitting PerfectPass WakeboardPro 6.5ng to our Australian 04 Wakesetter LXi (Sunsetter LXi in the US)....

Just thought I would give the people at PerfectPass a big thumbs up....

They were extremely helpful and prompt in responses to emails....

I actually purchased a 2 year old (but unused) earlier version of WakeboardPro, then purchased a longer throttle cable (old cable was for Carby, I have Monsoon) and the Gauge/Software Upgrade from PerfectPass....

I fitted everything myself (including making a panel for the Gauge) and found the fitting instructions were spot on....

Now I can't wait to get out on the water this weekend to try it out!! (My sister is getting married on Saturday, so I guess I should wait till Sunday!!)

Anyway three cheers for everyone at PerfectPass....

Chris (aka Nocky)

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-02-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Chris,

Looks great. Congratulations, you will love it.

What is the reasoning behind putting the gauge down low instead of up top there they usually go? Seem like you would want all the information in a place where it's easier to read? I tend to ignore the analog speedo/tach in my boat in lieu of the more accurate digital readings.
Old    nocky            11-02-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
I kind of like the look of the analogue gauges in the dash.... Anyway the panel is easily removed if I want to replace the Tacho with the PerfectPass gauge later on....

Cheers

Chris (aka Nocky)
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-02-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
nocky

looks great I like the suround you used did you have it made?
I have the chrome one in the same spot that has
my remote there.
I like yours better.
itch
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-02-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Looks great. Perfict Pass sure did a better job on your display than the one they gave me. Its cool that yours says Malibu and go's with your dash. All they have for 2001-2002 Nautiques in the 3.5 gauge is Black
Old    nocky            11-02-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
Itch - I actually made the panel myself out of a couple of teflon cutting boards then got it covered by my local motor trimmer..... Use cardboard to make a template.... that way you can trim bits off & tape bits on till you get the right shape.... then use your template to mark out the teflon. Once you have cut the flat face panel, I then cut a 2" strip to run around the edge to give it some depth (took some heating/bending/frustration to get it right).... The panel screws up under the dash, and behind the side panel on the right.... I'll attach a photo of my template & the left over teflon to give you an idea what I mean....

This is my cardboard template

This is the left over teflon from the chopping boards

Grant - Bummer they could not better match your gauges.... migh be a good excuse to upgrade (Just kidding!!) It looks like they have supplied you a generic gauge.... maybe they don't make boat specific gauges going back that far??
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       11-02-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
Nocky that looks very nice. How did you get the stitching to match as well? Great job !
Old    nocky            11-02-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
Machew - I have a very talented motor trimmer with a good eye for colour & style....

I was not that keen when he said he could not "wrap" it around, and that it would have to be stitched.... but he promised me it would look as factory as a non factory component can be.... I think he was right!!

Cheers

Chris (aka nocky)