Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
Hey Hope and Rod, you guys ever hit Lake Lemon down near Bloomington? I went down there with some buddies last night and it was FANTASTIC! Once we finally figured out how to get there (some of the roads around the lake are really rough and narrow), we had a great time. It isn't a very big lake, but the water is much cleaner than any other public lake in central Indiana and there was hardly anyone on it.

We ran into another group of guys wakeboarding and we chatted a bit. They said that during the week it is normally dead, and the riding is still pretty good early on weekends or late in the evening on weekends. I think my crew just found our new weekday riding spot

Jb
Old    deiselgrover            05-27-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey Jb, we had heard that Lemon was pretty good. We haven't been there yet but we were planning on trying it out one of these days. Might have to hook up sometime when you are there. I finally sold my old boat so a tower is on the way! How big is lemon?
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
Great news Rod. Lemon is about 1600 acres according to some websites I have seen. It is pretty much a long flat oval. Therefore, I am guessing that if it is too windy it can get chopped up pretty easy. We were one of only 3 boats (other than fisherman) on the lake last night and the water was butter all night long.

It will be interesting to see how things change after Memorial Day when all of the wallies start coming out, but if it is anything like what it was last night, it will officially become my new favorite local lake. I have a cousin who is in summer school at IU this summer, so he is going to have his boat down there close for the next month or so. After that, I have a few other friends with boats that I might be able to talk into riding there. Hopefully all works out and I get down there often.

Jb
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Have you guys checked out Monroe? It may not be as clean, but its big, with lots of coves. I use to ski there in the dark ages. Back when fishermen just sat there with big cane poles.
Old    indywakechica            05-28-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
Yeah we'll have to check out Lemon.

Karl I've been to Monroe but we don't really mess with that one anymore. It's kinda just a big open bowl so if there's any wind at all the whole lake's a mess. The coves aren't small enough either to make a difference.

(Message edited by indywakechica on May 28, 2004)
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
HEy, who all enjoyed this sweet weather we had this weeeken!! I know I did!!

Atleast IN wasn't the only state that it was sh-tty!
Old    reddog25cf            06-01-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
Yea... fantastic... the weather sucked. We did get a chance to go out early Saturday morning, but that was about it. The worst part was, we finished building our slider, and because of the weather we didn't even get a chance to hit it. Oh well I suppose. Yea... that was just the beginning of my sh-tty weekend.

My house got trashed, my watch almost got stolen, my friends had some money stolen, beer was stolen, was accused of bending the prop (the boat belongs to my cousin which was there this weekend) because there was a vibration (that'll happen when you have two full sacs in the back, two side sacs in the rear, a full 55 gallon gas tank, and full ballast ), etc etc etc... But hey other than that... it was great... haha.. Just glad it's over, now I can go back to the normal life. As long as it doesn't rain tonight, we'll prolly be hittin that slider. If not that, we'll at least be able to ride.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Sean,
we need to hook up soon and ride! I have never hit a slider and I really want to! I jumped over the corner of a raft last week! I wanted to hit it and slide, but the waves kinda knocked it to the side, so I jsut hoped over it!!!! We had a digital camra and my buddy snaped it at the perfect time, but my roommates head was right in the way!!! Sh--ty
Old    reddog25cf            06-01-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
Just lemme know when you can make it up man. We take guests at anytime. It's actually more of a fun box than a slider... wanted to make it easy to hit so everyone can hit it... It's got a transition on one side, but you ollie onto the other side if you're good enough (Which I'm not).
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
Yeah, well this weeken my little bro graduates so I am going to be busy witht that. I work a basketball camp from june 6-10, then I start another camp on the June 13 You free any time between the 10-12?
Old    reddog25cf            06-01-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
As far as I know I should be free... just let me know when exactly you wanna come up.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-01-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Weather wasn't the best, but we got lots of good water on Lake James this weekend.
Old    reddog25cf            06-01-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
It was way too windy on Shafer this weekend. I swear there were bigger swells in our lake than there normally is on the Gulf side of Florida (Largo area anyway... haha).
Old    jeffer            06-01-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
Were any of you guys at the night time INT event at the Precedent last year? I saw Mike Vincz's name listed in this thread, and I think that was the kid I remember throwing a double tantrum in the double up contest. He didn't hit any of them, but he was very close. Are any of the pro's even throwing that trick?

And Hope, I ride with Jason V all the time. Are you going to start going out with him?
Old    reddog25cf            06-01-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Jeff -
Yup that was him.... crazy little bastard...

Old    indywakechica            06-01-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff...yeah Jason was talking about going out with you. I have a terrible memory but I think I rode with you last year at some point. I think I might try to go on Thursday if it's nice enough (gonna do Mondays for the most part I think this summer). Didn't get out that much since it was so lovely this weekend. Only out once Saturday and it was later than I would have liked to get out. It was kinda hard to get the non-wakeboarders up and moving after a night of drinking :-) So when we finally got out and got kinda lost and ended up idling for a good part of an hour. We were at Patoka and it was only our second time down there and took a wrong turn So pretty busy by the time we got out but had a good time anyway.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Hey Hope, where were you guys staying on Patoka? My friends and I were down there as well. We stayed at the modern campground inside Newton-Stewart SRA. Saturday was a beautiful day on the lake, but we didn't get out until 10:30 and by then the lake was so tore up and didn't even try to ride. We just putted around most of the day working on a tan. We went in around 3:30 and were supposed to come back out for some evening sessions, but the couple that owned the boat got in a huge fight and the night session was spoiled. Then we wake up Sunday morning to the terrible storm report, so we packed up and headed home. Long weekend and no riding

Jb
Old    indywakechica            06-02-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
We were actually at a friend of mine's cabin down there. Have no idea where it is even still...it's way out in the sticks. We stayed all the way through to Monday even through the tornados and whatnot. We were listening to the radio and it kept saying this and that county has a tornado warning but we weren't sure what county we were in :-)