Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-20-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Which surf racks are you using? I have a HL Broadcast which fits in my wakeboard rack which is nice, but I just got a Walkerproject and it doesn't. I need a surf specific rack to add to my tower. I'm thinking above the existing wakeboard rack. I have the Proflight Swoop tower. I saw some on wakeside, but dang...over 300 for a rack? Seems a little steep to me. I've also seen some on ebay from Pyramid for about half that. Just wondering what everyone has and their opinions and suggestions. Thanks.

You can see the tower in my profile. Thanks.

(Message edited by regalado1 on March 20, 2008)
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-20-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
I have Dbot5. Was onsale at Wakeside for $199
They had some blem Dbots last week even cheaper.
only used once, but like it
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-20-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
I just bought a new boat (new to me). She came with one, single-board, wakesurf rack and a double wakeboard rack. I just bought a Dbot dual wakesurfboard rack, a Dbot wakeboard rack, and a Dbot "Strap on" wakesurf board rack from Only Inboards. That will give me four wakesurf board slots and four wakeboard/skimboard slots.

Now I hope I don't get in trouble here, but Only Inboards has a March Madness Special. Basically name your own deal. I named my deal but there was a problem with the double Dbot rack, it wasn't available polished. However the strap on rack was only available with a polished finish. The wakeboard rack I ordered wasn't a Dbot product so it wouldn't strap on. Ian more than made the deal right. He gave me a more expensive Dbot Wakeboard rack for the low deal price that I talked him into. All I can say was that Ian would let me go away with out an excellent deal.

I don’t have the racks in yet so I don’t know how well they work. I’ll be sure to report on my install and how they work out as the season begins.

(Message edited by bigshow on March 20, 2008)
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have the Dbot5 and love them. We fit 5 boards into two racks. (we have one strap-on). The dual wakesurf rack will hold two wakeboards, two surfboards, or one of each. I like how they have a quick-release as well.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-20-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
I also have the Dbot5 racks and love them. You can put either wakeboards or the thicker surfboards in them. I have two Inland Surfer boards and my kids/wife have two wakeboards, and we can accommodate all 4 of them with our two Dbot racks.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-25-2008, 6:03 PM Reply   
Here's my addition.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/561422.html?1206493245
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-25-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, I also got Dbot from Ian. He was really professional and very accomodating. Easy going. I can't wait to get them on the tower. Thanks Ian. And thanks everyone else for your suggestions.