Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
Just bought my very first camera and lense; digi rebel xt w/ 70-200mm f4L! It arrives tomorrow and I forgot to buy a bag for it!

Does anyone have a good walking around bag for this combo? I am looking for a holster type case that could fit this monster. I am also interested in any tips you guys have regarding keeping this thing as mint as possible and still using the snot out of it. Also if anyone knows of a good local camera shop to buy this from in the SJ area, I would happily buy it there.

Thanks,
Matt Winans
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2006, 12:07 AM Reply   
check out San Jose Camera. its a pro video and photo shop on the corner of hamilton and winchester. they've got a bunch of cases that you might wanna check out.
www.sanjosecamera.com

there's also keeble and shuchat in palo alto. same kind of deal, but they have a bigger selection of everything.
www.kandsphoto.com/
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
I have the same exact camera and lens, plus the 28-105 and the 50 1.8. It all fits perfectly into the Tamarac vilocity 7. No matter which lens is on the camera.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=248123&is=REG& addedTroughType=search
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-18-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Matt,

What bag did you end up buying? Did you get the Tamrac, and if so, do you agree with Jeremy. If you wanted to fit a flash in, would you need to upgrade to the Velocity 8 or 9?

thanks.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-18-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
Check out the LowePro microtrekker 200.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Nope I got a LowePro bag. Here is a link to it from B&H. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=98437&is=REG&a ddedTroughType=categoryNavigationUpload

I love the bag, perfect for what I want. I am not sure about adding a flash to it though, pretty skeptical actually. It feels like it is very padded and protective of my new toy though!