Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
Big thanks to Matt and Jeff for inviting me out this morning to do some riding. We had some good water and it doesn't get much better than riding behind the Supra. Heck, it doesn't get much better than riding, period. Anyways, it's great to actually meet some people off of WakeWorld and to ride with em. Great guys, give me a yell anytime. It's great to meet people who share the same stoke for the sport as I do. Look forward to going again sometime!
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2005, 4:37 AM Reply   
It was great getting out with you this morning, Cody. The butter was nice, huh? Ft Loudon isn't often that good.

Glad you're getting a feel for the new board. I'll definite give you a shout as soon as I can so we can do it again.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Awesome, lookin forward to it! Has Matt uploaded any of the pics yet? I'll talk to you all later.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-28-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Cody,

My picture taking hit an all-time low on this trip. I think that the cloudiness had an impact and made things a bit blurry. (That and the sorry photographer.) Sorry about that. I'll get some better ones next time.

Thanks again for coming out and all your enthusiasm! We're growing the wakeboard scene in Knox Vegas.

Here's what I got:

Cody airing it out

Cody in flight

Cutting out

Cutting out II

Just a shot

Welcome to the world of knee-high V-drive wakes

Just jumping

More jumping

Ready for takeoff

Toeside gone wrong
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
You're the man, Matt. Thanks!!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-28-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
jeff,
we need to hook up again soon. my phone crashed & i lost everyones phone number. i'd like to do some riding this week depending on the weather. give me a call.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-28-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Chuck,

We were thinking about taking some time off from work to go ride this week. We had it scheduled for Tuesday, but they're calling for 35 mph winds from the hurricane. So, now I'm looking at Thursday. Any chance you could swing a couple hours Thursday morning?
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Where is this lake? Looks very nice...Oh yea nice shots.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-28-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Jack,

It's actually just a section of the TN river. There's a great 70-foot bluff where we ride that totally blocks the wind and keeps it butter. The only downer is that being a navigable waterway, sometimes the amount of boat traffic makes it unridable.

You can actually take the river all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Don't bash your photography Matt, those are great.

Yea, the TN river is terrific. Any given day at any given time you can find butter, just have to know where to put in. This particular place is one of the busiest portions of East TN, and on a Saturday morning at about 9:30. We're just blessed to live around such good conditions.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       08-29-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
matt,
i should be able to swing it if i get enough notice. just let me know when. i owe you a few pulls behind the 21v!