Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
I am making a trip down this weekend and need input on which is best. I was down at Wahweap on July 4th but haven't been since then. We usually go to Wahweap but I am thinking more lake is accessible by ski boat at Bullfrog. I haven't been to Bullfrog since the lake was full so I am not really sure. We are only taking ski boats so I am trying to find good water without having to hit the channel in ski boats. TIA
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-30-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Definately go to Bullfrog. The ramp is a little sketchy but once your in your fine. Launching at Wahweap is OK but then you have to go through the Narrows. They have added more no wake areas which is good for houseboaters towing boats, cause the Tour Boats Screw everything up, but it also slows down non house boaters. I read that they have averaged 1 boat sinking everyday this summer all in the Narrows, Primarily form the wakes of the Tour Boats, and 1 week they had 13 ski boats submerge.
I am off to Powell tomorrow for 2 weeks and then back again last week of the month.
Have Fun and Be safe.

here is a good website to check out.
http://www.nps.gov/glca/