Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
The Truth premier was crazy good. Oakley HQ/theatre is an insane place. Party rocked, good peeps, hot chicks everywhere!!!! Justin Stephens' camera/editing work was like nothing I have ever seen before, congrats!

Thanks for driving, Josh, enjoyed the company. You too, Thane. Had a good time watching you "work" from arcoss the bar, I was betting that you were not going to be riding home with us. Dave Williams, good to hang out with ya, like the tiny little camera, did it come with a necklace? Chris, great to see you again man. looking way better than the pics you posted on the summer pic thread. Yes, we will have to get the ride on soon. Mike I., had a great time talking to you, nice to remember the "old" days!

BTW - I have been authorized by all parties involved to complete the Lyman interview. Watch for it soon, you won't want to miss it!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 16, 2006)
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-16-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Frew is it still warm enough to ride down there?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, I suppose so. I haven't been in a few weeks, but plenty of riding still going on. Just got a JP LS spring suit, think it should be good this time. Air temp 90s last few days. Are you going to be in the neighborhood?
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-16-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
i am only an hour and a half plane ride away, and it's friggin freezinig up here mr.bigglesworth! gimmie a call this morning, you still have my cell?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'll have to look in the burb, think it's in the golve compartment. Just say when (out of town Dec.3-10), will have boat & butter ready!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-16-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
I would like to say thanks to Liquid Force, Adam especially for inviting me, and to Oakley as well. that building is amazing.

Some of the shots in the video were just amazing.

Good times last night. Saw a lot of people there that I hadn't seen in a while.
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-16-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Great video, and glad to see all of you WWers there! Tackle, always fun to reminisce about the past of the sport. I wanted that old Perez so bad when it came out... the one with Phasers and palm trees on it, I believe.

The Oakley factory is a pretty incredible place. If you live in SoCal and missed the premiere last night, you really missed out. Open bar, good movie, good times. I'm looking forward to Dave W's picture gallery!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-16-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
My son wakes me up at 2:00am after returning from the premier (he was leaving for Mammoth) Tells me the movie was awesome, Adam was unbelievably cool, that he met Shane, Lyman and others.

I couldn't get back to sleep...

So we'll be adding that to our collection.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-16-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
That was a lot of fun last night. Here is an article and some pics: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=933
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-16-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
Isler.. any sightings of the infamous RED camera..?
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-16-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
Dave-

Yeah, they gave everyone that walked in the door a coupon for a free RED once they start shipping. Too bad you didn't make it!

Hah... nope no sightings. Security was tight (literally)... there were about a dozen Oakley security personnel manning the party. Also, RED's operations have been moved to a different facility than the Oakley compound.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-17-2006, 2:20 AM Reply   
so what is with all the pro riders showing up at So Cal and not at the FL Premier???

I was looking forward to seeing some pro riders at the FL Truth. I didn't see any from the LF team. Maybe I was blind...

AHHH CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!
Old     (garrett_cortese)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-17-2006, 6:37 AM Reply   
Charlie, you might want to get your eyes checked...

Here's a list of some of the riders that I saw (so there could be some missing) at The Truth premiere in Florida:
LF Riders:
Aaron Reed
Ben Greenwood
Keith Lyman
Shawn Watson
Phillip Soven
Collin Harrington
Kevin Henshaw
Gregg Necrason
Tino Santori
Lauren Loe
Kyle Hyams
Danny Hampson
Stef Tor
Kyle Schmidt
Travis Propst
Brian Reeder
Adam Fields
Daniel Powers
Barrett Perlman
Will Christien

Non LF riders:
Rusty Malinoski
Chad Sharpe
Brian Grubb
Aaron Rathy
Erik Ruck
Keith Lidberg
Trevor Hansen
Jeff House
Derek Grasman
Rob Jacques
Kyle Rattray
Adam Errington
Sean O'Brien
Rich Facciano
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-17-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
how come none of them went on stage or anything??? I know what some of the pros look like, but it was dark in there and I didn't want to creep people out by staring at them really closely.

I've never been to a LF premier before. I just figured the pros would have gone on stage or something...oh well. That shows how much I follow pro riders...
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-17-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
i'm gunna buy this video and make my LF substance watch it so it knows what to do next summer!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-17-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
You gonna duct tape it to the sofa so it doesn't escape after hour 14?