Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I still have my stock OJ 13x13 4 blade prop on my sanger, I know the new sangers come with the Acme 515. Would the 515 be a better prop as far as hole shot with more ballast then the OJ? I know the 525 is better but I can get a 515 dirt cheap.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
Anybody
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-25-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
Well, what are you using the sanger for? If you can get a 515 dirt cheap then I would reccomend upgrading. Its going to give you better towing power and you wont loose much top end going with the 515.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-26-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
This is jusy my experience. If your OJ is a "cast in place" prop then switching to an ACME CNC machined prop you will notice a huge difference in performance.
Old    ejojprop            07-27-2006, 4:13 AM Reply   
The difference in performance is due mainly to a change in pitch or diameter, regardless of the process in which the propeller was made or who made it. The CNC machining process is a more accurate way of building large quantities of propellers. However, our handfinished propellers start with a machined master pattern and are cast to a nearly net part, then cleaned up removing a nominal amount of material. Our CNC machined propellers, as well as the other guys, and our handfinished propellers are all cast and balanced the same way.

Going from a 13 X 13 down to a 13 X 11.5 should improve low end performance based on the pitch change. And going from a 4-blade to a 3-blade should also improve top speed as well.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2006, 5:15 AM Reply   
The difference I experienced when switching from my OJ cast prop to a CNC machined was like night and day. I'm not talking about holeshot or top end, the CNC prop was alot smoother.