Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-24-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
I am thinking about getting stargazer perfect pass and installing it myself. Thoughts on this system? Has anyone out there installed it themselves?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       02-24-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
Install was pretty easy and took about 1.5 hrs or so. Works great. I had to experiment with my KDW setting some to get it to hold speed more consistently.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-24-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
I installed mine when they very first came out and have used it now for many hours. It's easy to do and you don't disable anything if you stop part way. I like the system a great deal. I ordered mine with my manufacturers name on it which helps keep the 'stock' look.
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-25-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
I did it last year and it was REALLY easy. The directions were great and simple to follow. I don't recall even having to do any adjusting once we put it in the water. Just set it and go. Awesome product.
Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-25-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
Thanks guys I don't have any free dial spots so I am planning on changing out my factory speedo for the PP dial. I was told that they make dials to fit most port sizes?
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-25-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
The perfect pass instructions are very clear, and the system is easy to hook up. That being said, my install took a while (4 hours). Getting my dash apart to get a speedo out was tedious on my boat. The time was well worth it.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
My initial install took about 3 hours and then another hour and a half later on in the summer when we realized it wasn't installed correctly. They sent one instruction book with another two pages of supplemental instructions for my 04 black scorpion. They had the throttle cable hooked up differently in two pictures. We chose the wrong one and it was getting bound up. After we redid that we also had to move the throttle cable lower on the bracket (there were 4 or 5 possible screw holes and we had to pick the lowest) in order to get the pp servo cable to stop getting bound up on my engine cover. We also had to modify some of the hardware (cutting some bolts shorter) to fit it in there. I think the issue is that the servo cable was way too long and the linkage mechanism didn't quite fit right.

Once we got it sorted, we totally love it!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-25-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Very easy install, only takes a couple hours if you're taking your time. Mine was the paddlewheel version, since I ride where there's fast and changing currents. GPS should be faster and easier since no measuring or drilling. Hands down the best upgrade I did to my boat, no idea how I ever did without it.
Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-26-2012, 2:00 AM Reply   
I have an 05 supreme 232 with the black scorpian 330 horse. Hopefully I won't have to do any modifications.
Old     (EnderWiggin)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-26-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshelfbv View Post
Thanks guys I don't have any free dial spots so I am planning on changing out my factory speedo for the PP dial. I was told that they make dials to fit most port sizes?
As far a the guages go, they'll ask you what boat you have and they'll get the guages that match. My boat is 12 years old and the guages match perfectly.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-26-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Get it from Ian from onlyinboards.com (that is - if he still sells to people that don't own MB's...)

SIMPLE INSTALL

just do it - a monkey can do it in about 2-3 hours - I did it in 2 - 3 hours...lol
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Hit me up, i'll give you the Wakeworld deal of 1095 shipped. In fact, i'll do that until the end of March for anyone who is interested.
Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-27-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the deal that's sweet, actually my wife has an in and can get it for 900 but I appreciate the offer definitely. What all info do I need to give so I can call and order it.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 5:02 PM Reply   
wait wait wait...

you have a wakeboat WITHOUT speed control, and you are still married? Your wife must have excellent throttle control or you are the most patient person alive...
Old     (Topshelfbv)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-27-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
I love to ride it creates The desire to be patient.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-28-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
I had it installed in my I/O and it made a world of difference. It was pretty accurate and held speed within .20 mph +- I def. recommend it. Had to play with the KDW a little to get it dialed in but it was perfect before I sold it.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-29-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
Question, :

I have perfectpass pro with the multi line display and an upgraded chip. I just found a deal on ebay for the gps puck. Do I need a different chip to make it work or can I just plug it in?