Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-15-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
How is it up there? windy as hell at rivers end, wondering if its better up north....

thanks
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
Doubtful, Scotty..... It's been blowing in Disco for the last month. Vics has avoided a lot of the wind lately. We've kinda stuck to that area.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
DAMN the wind. Another day wasted due to wind. This has been the worst weather in years!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
This is like April weather where everything not tied down is in jeopardy.

Winter pushed far into spring and spring is pussing into summer.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
We'll at least there's Taco's tonight at Orwoods.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-16-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thanks fellas, we ended up going for it and it wasn't too bad, railroads was rideable and sections of old river were OK. You gotta love the D when the winds are 20 -30mph and you can find water smoother than a 5mph day on a lake!!! Vics was pissed though, Late July-August can't get here soon enough......GD you are right, spring is pussing into summer!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
ha, ha, ha.. We're going to go for it tonight. Hopefully it'll chill out a bit.

I'm done with the wind. I've been cleaning tree branches and leaves out of my pool everynight. I'm over it. Not to mention I could go for a few days straight of warm air and still water at the delta.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-17-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Last night should have been good how was it?? My brother and I took out his 72 sanger yesterday for the first time, it wasn't bad during the day until 330 but still a decent north wind. Tonight would be great, supposed to cool off tomorrow though so I'm sure the wind will be back until the weekend.......
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-17-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
Last night was great. Not super glassy, but soo much better than it's been for the last few weeks. How'd that Sanger run?
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-19-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
It ran like a raped ape. 90 mph on the water is a little much for me, I guess with the kid and all I am turning into a weenie. But after 3 boats, alot of time, money and wrenching we finally got out. Having a beer on ski beach after driving there problem free from orwood helped us forget all the heartache from the one stolen from him 2 years ago. It was a good feeling.....

She's got an 11:1 468 chevy, polished tunnel ram w/ 2 750s, rect. port heads, full roller, 2 blade prop bla bla bla

here's a different view of vics than we are used to.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD8wQnKnd0w

Last edited by chilidog; 06-19-2010 at 9:34 PM.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-19-2010, 9:51 PM Reply   
god that vid makes me miss my 76 t deck so bad
Attached Images

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-20-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
what kind was that one?? jet or vdrive? I do like the vdrive in the performance factor, but having reverse, neutral and manuevarability in the jet makes it a tough call for one of these boats, you can't beat the speed you get out of a prop, and the cavitation plates are a godsend.....
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-20-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
your right about a v-drive but i a jet boat guy at heart, have been my entire life. my next project boat will be a sanger super jet, let me know if you ever see a bare hull out there.
Attached Images

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-20-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
i paid 500 for the hull and trailer on this boat. after 3 years of sanding, glassing, wrenching, etc.. i sold it for 20K. i miss her so much, i would never put that much effort into another one. my next one will be way simple. this boat i took down to the stringers. sanded them glossed them. flow coated the floors with webbing agent. pearl throughout with white pearl on the deck mixed in with a red pearl ghost flame. capped the rails. then the motor, omg nothing big just a 454 bbc with 4 bolt main 750, jacuzzi pump everything blueprinted balanced etc... had about 15k into it. but i made it all back except the labor but it was a great experience and i met some really cool people that started this entire jet boat industry.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-20-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
Man that is a nice boat, Hondo's are sweet. I am always looking throughout the state at craigslist for sangers so if I see something I'll let you know. They are sweet to look at and great for a short ride on the water but after a while it's kind of like OK now what do we do....insert wakeboarding, and the hotboat becomes obsolete.

Where did you get that chrome trim done around the bottom of the dash, I have about 1,000 yards of that I need to do on my nova project, or I will probably just fill the holes and paint over them but I have some other brightwork I need redone.....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Nice man.... sounds like fun. I think about 70 is all I need on the water. Ha, ha, ha. I'm so used to 25 that anything over 40 feels fast.