Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-04-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
I was just there today for the first time this year. They have shut down the beach area to the west of the first boat ramp, and are now allowing all cars to park in the original boat parking lot just off of the large beach area. This now means boat owners will have to walk up the hill to park. Why do we pay more for our boats, if they now are allowed to park closest to the boat ramp. Aren't we paying more for our trucks and trailers for the so called maintenance to these areas?? Maricopa S.O. and Game and Fish have really got out of hand in this State.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
That sucks! canyon was never my favorite, too many amateur boat drivers out there. we went to saguaro this weekend and it was just as bad. and we were there around 5. it was such bad chop from all the idiots, my friend broke his arm on back 3. im really leaning towards getting on a private lake.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-05-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, there were two boats, a yellow Mastercraft X-30 and an orange Mastercraft X80 out wakeboarding, both doing powerturns. I guess the word hasn't gotten to them yet. I won't be going back. Will have to make the trip to Roosevelt from here on out with it warming up.
Old    aXtion            04-05-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwakeYO View Post
That sucks! canyon was never my favorite, too many amateur boat drivers out there. we went to saguaro this weekend and it was just as bad. and we were there around 5. it was such bad chop from all the idiots, my friend broke his arm on back 3. im really leaning towards getting on a private lake.
Are their any private lakes in the PHX area?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
ya firebird is a private lake.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
There is also a private lake property being built in Buckeye, but I am told it is way out there, and they haven't started construction on the sites yet, but the lake is there. Also two in Gilbert, but have to own a house on them.