Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
I just got my new PB Floyds yesterday! I was stoked! But I need some help from you guys. I wear a size 12 in almost every binding.. So I ordered the 12's.. There a little tight on the toes.. Does this go away after you get them in the water? Please let me know.. I might have to get the 13's if they do not work..

Thanks.

(Message edited by wakebums on April 11, 2009)
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
I ride the pb floyds my shoe size is sz 10-11 depending on the shoe and I bought 11s after about 2 weeks I broke them in and I also suggest heat molding them you will be fine!
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Ah, heat molding.. Maybe that will work.. How do I do that? These things are sweet bindings. I love them.. I havent even been on the water with them yet..
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
Put them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 450 for 15 minutes come out put them on your feet then lace them up in your binding untill they lose their heat! Good luck you'll love them! What board did you get?
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-12-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
450 degrees?? Most of the intuition machines blow "warm" air and 450 seems way to high. I know our factory machine doesn't go that hot...so be warned. I checked on various sites...the highest temp I saw for the "do it yourself" way was 240 degrees. Bill @ perfski.com
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2009, 6:16 AM Reply   
450 for 15 minutes? That's frozen pizza instructions! That,s probably what they will resemble after you're done.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-12-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
its 200 as per my 08 instructions
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-12-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
yeh i just got the new 09 pb floyds too and i love them...but you only heat the oven to like 200 degrees or something close to that...but believe it or not i had to get size 12 bindings and my shoe size is only a 9 1/2
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-12-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
this should resolve all questionsUpload

you may consider wearing socks during the process and or moving your toes around to make it more roomy if desired
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-12-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
lol well I'm glad 450 didn't up good looking out for him guys...
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       04-12-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
I got the Response. I cant wait to try this set up out. I will form the liners tonight..

Thanks guys....
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-12-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
I wear a size 11 in everything and I bought 11s in the D2's and they are to small :-(
Old    Slingshot            04-13-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Hey Gene, if the boots don't fit, just hit me up and we can swap them out for you, as long as they have not been in the water yet. k.chinn@slingshotsports.com
Old     (mordy07)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-13-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
The above intuition heating instructions are just about right. I've heated my own liners for my ski boots, and although I'm not sure how the wakeboard liners fit in comparison, here's a couple of other tips I found helpful:

-If you want more room just for your toes, find an old thick sock and cut off just the toe part to make a "toe cap." Wear it during the molding process. You can also put small pieces of foam or fabric in between your toes to widen the area, or just on one side (on your pinky toe for example) to avoid too much pressure.

-If you want a looser fit overall, lace the bindings TIGHTER during molding. This will pack out the liners more. The reverse is true for a tighter fit.

-Try to make sure you avoid any wrinkles. Make sure the boots are as open as possible before putting in your foot/liner to help avoid this, or have a friend hold the boots open.

-During molding, try to get your heel as far in/back as possible. Putting the toe of your boots on a block or 2x4 can help put the weight on your heel. This creates a heel cup and should hole your heel down better when riding.

Anyway some of these tips may be more applicable to ski boot liners, but could be worth a try anyway. Good luck!