Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-21-2013, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^^whatever makes you feel good about beating Nick Foles and Matt Barkley. Who cares about yards?? I'll take points and wins when considering a top offense.
I like the fact of 6-1 vs. 4-3. That's a pretty good fact.
Please remind me of the last time the Cowgirls were in a championship game? Heck even a second round playoff game?

Also, "retard"?? C'mon bro it's 2013.
Seahawks have only played 2 teams with a winning record.They lost one of those.They only have 2 games left against winning teams! Talk about a soft schedule? Dallas has played 3 teams with a winning record and still has to play 4 teams with winning records. The year isn't over yet.Lets hope you don't fall to the 0-6 Giants.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Its a bummer that the Hawks have no chance at playing Dallas this year. The Hawks will have a bye in the first round and as we know, if Dallas does make the playoffs they will lose in the first round.
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       10-21-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
WEEK 7 PICKS
Thursday night

SEA @ ARI - Cardinals at home.

Sunday at 1:00

TB @ ATL - Falcons
CIN @DET-Lions
BUF @ MIA - Dolphins
NE @ NYJ - Patriots
DAL @ PHI - Cowboys
Chi @ WAS -DA BEARS in a EASY win!
STL @ CAR - Panthers at home.
SD @ JAC - Chargers
SF @ TEN - 49ERS
CLE @ GB - Packers
HOU @ KC - Chiefs
BAL @ PIT - This is a toss up.But i'll take the Steelers at home.
DEN @ IND - COLTS stop the win streak of the Broncos!

MIN @ NYG - Giants
Got my ass handed to me this week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2013, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Its a bummer that the Hawks have no chance at playing Dallas this year. The Hawks will have a bye in the first round and as we know, if Dallas does make the playoffs they will lose in the first round.
You are assuming a lot. Seattle hasn't won the division yet ,much less a bye.There's over half the season left. All kinds of things can change! Remember you still have to play the Giants,49ers and Saints.Also the Falcons could take you down. God help you if you lose to the Rams,Bucs or the Cardinals. Don't overlook the Vikings either.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-22-2013, 5:52 AM Reply   
If we lose to either the Vikings or the Giants we should just forefiet the rest out our season... Last night was the worst Monday Night game I have ever seen!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
All kinds of things can change!
I know, we're going to get better.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-22-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hawks get Percy and rumor has it Mike Robinson back this week. Bradford is out for the season. MNF never looks so good!!!

Didn't watch the Vikes and Giants but why are the Vikings even throwing the ball??? They have the best player on earth in the backfield. Hand the ball off every time, maybe pitch it if you want to get crazy but the fact that AP only gets 13 carries is ridiculous.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-22-2013, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Hawks get Percy
I think PErcy can just start practicing, I thought he wouldn't be ready to play until late November.... I oculd be wrong though.

Quote:
maybe pitch it if you want to get crazy but the fact that AP only gets 13 carries is ridiculous.
Agreed. Throwing 50+ times with a QB who has been with your team for 2 weeks = stupid..... anything less than 30 touches to AP is a mistake. The vikings are bad because their management is total trash. Almost every decision they've made in the last few years has been sub-par, but then again hindsight is 20/20.

.... I won't be shocked if they start shopping AP and just admit defeat and plan for the future.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=sidekicknicholas;1850119]I think PErcy can just start practicing, I thought he wouldn't be ready to play until late November.... I oculd be wrong though.

Percy could start on Monday if they wanted him to go.

Here's the rule:
Commencing on the day after the conclusion of the sixth regular season weekend (October 15) and continuing through the day after the conclusion of the 11th regular season weekend (November 19), clubs are permitted to begin practicing players on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform for a period not to exceed 21 calendar days. Pads and helmets are permitted during the 21-day period. At any time during the 21-day practice period, or prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period, clubs are permitted to restore such players on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform to their Active/Inactive List.

Basically, a player on the PUP list entering the regular season could make his regular-season debut as early as Week 7 or as late as Week 15 under the new rules.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...e-on-pup-rules
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-22-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
^^I bet Percy will dress for the game but get limited plays. No sense putting him in if we are rolling the Rams.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
If Percy is ready to go, I think they'll start him and use him. If he's not ready for full-go, I don't see them bumping a guy to put him on the roster just to sit and watch.

They also just re-signed Mike Rob... which brings me no end of happiness. The 6-1 Seahawks are getting stronger and stronger.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-22-2013, 3:50 PM Reply   
Week 7 power rankings are out.

I have charted them and computed the per team competitor averages.

You can see that the Chiefs are likely over-rated since they have had a soft schedule.

You can also see that Seahawks, Colts and 49ers have not had these soft schedules.

It also interesting that Titans, Texans and Jaguars have had it rough (playing the NFC west).

Note, an average ranking difference of 8 to 9 is huge -- that's nearly a 1/3 of the league!
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-22-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
I added Next Opponent Deltas to show the heavy favorites for this week -- lots of heavy favorites.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2013, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Week 7 power rankings are out.

I have charted them and computed the per team competitor averages.

You can see that the Chiefs are likely over-rated since they have had a soft schedule.

You can also see that Seahawks, Colts and 49ers have not had these soft schedules.

It also interesting that Titans, Texans and Jaguars have had it rough (playing the NFC west).

Note, an average ranking difference of 8 to 9 is huge -- that's nearly a 1/3 of the league!
Your point is 16 teams had a tougher schedule than the Seahawks. Enough information to put them in the BOTTOM HALF schedule wise. What's your point again?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-22-2013, 5:14 PM Reply   
Small differences in average competitor ratings are not significant.

The biggest story here is that the CHIEFS/BRONCOS have had it easy compared to the COLTS/49ERS.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-22-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
Here's some up to date Stats.
Romo 181 comp. 265 att. 68.3% 2010 yards 287.1 YPG 15 TD's 5 INT's 101.6 QBR
Wilson 115 comp.187 att. 61.5% 1489 yards 212.7 YPG 11 TD's 4 INT's 97.2 QBR

Just keeping you guys up to date on INDIVIDUAL STATS !

This will help you with your Wilson vs. Romo comparisons. Wins are a TEAM STAT. See your chart above to reference Dallas has played a TOUGHER SCHEDULE than Seattle.

Like always guys just the facts here.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2013, 3:52 AM Reply   
]Some more interesting facts from NFL.COM. Which QB has the most passing yards in their first 100 starts?

#5 Trent Green 25108 yards

#4 Peyton Manning 26008 yards

#3 Dan Marino 27274 yards

# 2 Kurt Warner 27441 yards

# 1 TONY ROMO 27485 YARDS!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
Have the Chiefs had a cupcake schedule, yep... but hey, winning any game in the NFL isn't easy (except maybe against the Jags). If the Seahawks were 7-0 against the same schedule i'm sure none of you Seattle guys would say they didn't deserve a #1 rank.

again, last year the Chiefs won 2 friggin games. I couldn't be happier at 7-0. Got tickets to Camarohead for the Nov 24 game against the Chargers, can't wait.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
Robert, does anyone else on here give a crap about the Romo vs RW comparison. Ok, you love Romo, you have a massive man crush on him. Way to go man, we'll send you some FatHeads for your bedroom wall. Let it go.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Robert, does anyone else on here give a crap about the Romo vs RW comparison. Ok, you love Romo, you have a massive man crush on him. Way to go man, we'll send you some FatHeads for your bedroom wall. Let it go.
It's a smack talking thread. I know those Seattle fans love to hear how much better Romo is than RW.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-23-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
As a Hawk fan, the Chiefs deserve the #1 ranking for sure. Any team that is the last 7-0 team should, I don't care how easy or hard the schedule is.

BTW I'd say Romo is very similar to Trent Green. Nice find Bobby. You also conveniently forgot to include rushing yards when comparing RW and Romo. Wonder why?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-23-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Good point Robert. But we all know the best quarterback who ever lived (Joe Montana) will always be remembered for his time with the Chiefs. Probably even go into the HoF as a Chief
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2013, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
As a Hawk fan, the Chiefs deserve the #1 ranking for sure. Any team that is the last 7-0 team should, I don't care how easy or hard the schedule is.

BTW I'd say Romo is very similar to Trent Green. Nice find Bobby. You also conveniently forgot to include rushing yards when comparing RW and Romo. Wonder why?
Even if you add Wilson's rushing yards[343] he still falls behind Romo in total yards.No QB who rushes for lots of yards lasts in this league. Just ask RGIII and Michael Vick.If your small enough and quick enough you may elude some hits,but eventually you will be CRUSHED. Look at all the Super Bowl winning QB's. They threw the ball and let the Running backs do the Rushing. I wonder why you thought Wilsons rushing yards would help?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
WEEK 8 PICKS

Thursday @8:25
CAR @ TB - PANTHERS

SUNDAY @ 1:00

SF @ JAC - 49ers
CLE @ KC - CHIEFS
MIA @ NE - Patriots
BUF @ NO - SAINTS
DAL @ DET - COWBOYS
NYG @ PHI - EAGLES

SUNDAY @ 4:05

PIT @ OAK - STEELERS
NYJ @ CIN - BENGALS

SUNDAY @4:24 PM

ATL @ ARI - FALCONS
WAS @ DEN - BRONCOS

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

GB @ MIN - PACKERS

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:40

SEA @ STL This is a tough one,since Bradford is out i'll take SEATTLE.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2013, 1:06 AM Reply   
Now we're touting Romo on this thread, c'mon maaan.... last year the man had 19 INT to 28 TD, not exactly a stellar ratio!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2013, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
Now we're touting Romo on this thread, c'mon maaan.... last year the man had 19 INT to 28 TD, not exactly a stellar ratio!
Google his stats! Compare his stats to any QB ever. He will be in the top 10 in every category.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2013, 7:37 AM Reply   
The Rams call Favre..... I could see him coming back, but not to the Rams.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-24-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
NOOOO - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-rum...0196--nfl.html
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-24-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
http://espn.go.com/nfl/gallery?id=5208880
This is a pretty good list of rushing QBs. Just the FACTS Bobby.
If getting passing yards is what you want Romo is your guy. I prefer wins.
Detroit is going to destroy the Cowgirls this week. Dez Bryant trying to compare himself to Megatron is laughable.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
I charted the forward looking games highlighting the top matchups in pink (a top 1/3 team with a delta of 5 or less). Lots of good games coming in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
Weeks 11, 13 & 14 determine the season.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Romo is a kook! He certainly isn't worth the money that they just paid him.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/gallery?id=5208880
This is a pretty good list of rushing QBs. Just the FACTS Bobby.
If getting passing yards is what you want Romo is your guy. I prefer wins.
Detroit is going to destroy the Cowgirls this week. Dez Bryant trying to compare himself to Megatron is laughable.
On your list of great rushing QB's only 2 have won a super bowl. Elway and Young. That leaves 45 Super Bowls that pocket passers have won. What was your point again?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
Romo is a kook! He certainly isn't worth the money that they just paid him.
Your just jealous because you don't have his talent and don't even make what he pays in taxes.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2013, 12:31 AM Reply   
I pulled defense power rankings and charted them sorted by average competitor defensive rank.

It clearly shows....
1) the Bronco and Chiefs have had it EASY and are possibly OVERRATED.
2) the Bangles, Saints, Colt and Packers have had it FAIR.
3) the 49ers and Seahawks have had it TOUGH and are possibly UNDERRATED.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2013, 3:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
I pulled defense power rankings and charted them sorted by average competitor defensive rank.

It clearly shows....
1) the Bronco and Chiefs have had it EASY and are possibly OVERRATED.
2) the Bangles, Saints, Colt and Packers have had it FAIR.
3) the 49ers and Seahawks have had it TOUGH and are possibly UNDERRATED.
Your assuming there is a nickels worth of difference between the Chiefs and the Seahawks.Both have Strong Defenses and Average Offenses. As for Denver and SF they are a bit different.Denver has a strong offense and a average Defense.SF has a good Defense and a above average offense. With Seattle being rated #1 in your chart, How can they be underrated?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2013, 4:18 AM Reply   
Also using your chart the Colts are underrated. They beat the 49ers and Seahawks.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Robert, this about average opponent defenses. IMO, it says the BRONCOS/CHIEFS offenses have had it EASY while the 49ERS/SEAHAKS offenses have had it ROUGH! In fact the average defense differences are HUGE at nearly 10 points. IMO, this means our perception of these teams offenses may be OFF. The BRONCOS/CHIEFS offenses are likely overrated while the 49ERS/SEAHAWKS offenses are underrated.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-25-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
Bobby, another fun FACT for you: Did you know since 1980 there are only two other QBs that have thrown for more yards than Romo and won less playoff games?? Carson Palmer & Jon Kitna. At least you can say Romo is better than those two guys.

BTW in case you missed my point with this, Romo is great passer. Just not a great winner.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
The Seattle Hangover Effect getting national attention. You heard it here first http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-with-hangover
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
And, it's likely a much bigger hangover for any team that plays them in Seattle. The 49ers certainly seemed like zombies against the Colts. Plus Vernon Davis was out with an injury. Plus the Seahawks showed the Colts how to shut down the 49ers offense. IMO, Seattle and the Colts are the best teams in football. The Hawks and Colts would each beat the Chiefs and the Broncos. The 49ERs are out of superbowl contention until they get 1 or 2 decent wide receivers to go with Boldin (and Davis at tight end).

Last edited by diamonddad; 10-25-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2013, 2:18 PM Reply   
You guys are hilarious! Your assuming Seattle and the Colts are going to the Super Bowl. There have been many more years the #1 AND #2 Seeds didn't make the Super Bowl than years they did. It's a looooooonnnnnnngggg season. Remember you talked like this last year and were disappointed. I watch every team i can play football. I see who is improving , who's staying the same and who's ripe for the picking. Seattle beware of the Vikings,Saints,Giants and 49ers. Remember you heard it here first.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2013, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Robert, this about average opponent defenses. IMO, it says the BRONCOS/CHIEFS offenses have had it EASY while the 49ERS/SEAHAKS offenses have had it ROUGH! In fact the average defense differences are HUGE at nearly 10 points. IMO, this means our perception of these teams offenses may be OFF. The BRONCOS/CHIEFS offenses are likely overrated while the 49ERS/SEAHAWKS offenses are underrated.
Both the 49ers and the Seahawks don't do well when they can't establish the run. Their respective defenses don't do well against Good QB's that can run the no huddle offense. A team that runs the ball well also does well against the 49ers and Seahawks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
^^^ more proof you're an idiot.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-25-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^^ more proof you're an idiot.
Why don't you pick all the games this week and prove me wrong? If i'm the idiot you say i am, i'm sure you'll pick opposite of me! Or you can choose to agree with an idiot.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
Niners @ Jags - Niners

Atlanta @ Cards - Cards

Seattle @ St Louis - Hawks

Rumor has it there will be more Hawk fans in attendance than Rams. Gonna be cool hearing our fans all night at an away game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2013, 10:56 PM Reply   
Only if you're willing to pick against the spread son. Anyone can pick the money line and come out ahead.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-26-2013, 3:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Only if you're willing to pick against the spread son. Anyone can pick the money line and come out ahead.
I don't look at the spread.I watch the previous weeks game,check the injury report and make my picks on Wednesday night or Thursday before the games begin.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
You don't watch the spread? That is ridiculous. When you have games that are favored by 15, 12, 14 this week, short of a complete upset, you could go right down this week and damn near grab every favorite. I bet real money on 5-8 games per week and the entire football world revolves on spreads. The key is trying to find a game where the line appears off a bit due to the "public" swaying the line one way or another. Denver is a good example this week. They lost last week so the initial line dropped from -14 to -11 because the public perceives some sort of weakness. That being said 68% of the public money is on Denver giving the 11. The public bettors easily forget what happened the previous few weeks. Another weird one is Dallas. Dallas is almost always bet heavily by the public. This week they go into Detroit and are getting 3 and the public is on them by 59%. The line never moved because the public is on the other side of the line in this game.

You cant say you don't pay attention the spread man - just makes no sense in sports discussions. It is a major part of how this all works. If you were betting 1,000 per game and you did all of your picks on Tuesday morning with no regard to the spread and than you did same thing Sunday morning, there is no way your bets would be the same. Not to mention possible injuries during the week or line moves.

Right now the Hawks are favored by 11.5 (started at 10) and 88% of the public is on it. Wait till tomorrow - the line will move again, they will need more people on stl,, so it will likely get to 12-13 to entice people to be on the other side.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2013, 10:46 AM Reply   
^Word

I've got the Hawks winning by 2 TD's and I think that's conservative. There's a better than not chance they won't score anything more than a field goal against our D. I suppose unless we get way up and put in some back ups.

Man the Lions are laying the wood to Romo every time he drops back. Gonna be a looong day for him!
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-27-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
Both Redskins safeties are out. This could be very ugly in Denver.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-27-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
This cowboys lions game is outa control!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-27-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Haha Bobby, your team sucks and blew it.

Last edited by polarbill; 10-27-2013 at 1:26 PM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-27-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
329 yards receiving by megatron. Holy hell that is ridiculous.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
That's why our defense is rated at the bottom.6 point lead with :56 left and Detroit has no timeouts and has to go 80 yards. Most defenses could hold up.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
What are you talking about? They got Romo the ball back. He blew it just like usual

Hey Brett, you think Megatron quietly took that idiot Dez Bryant's comments personal? Talk about making a statement.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-27-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
I haven't paid attention. What did Dez say?

I did see Dez whining like a baby on the sideline after detroit took the lead. A true professional, Witten, was pissed at him it looked like.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2013, 3:58 PM Reply   
That was his second tantrum of the day.

Earlier in the week he said he's just as good as Johnson. That anything Johnson can do he can do.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
What are you talking about? They got Romo the ball back. He blew it just like usual

Hey Brett, you think Megatron quietly took that idiot Dez Bryant's comments personal? Talk about making a statement.
Like RW could do something in :12 seconds? Oh yeah your right his girl friend said he could Score in less time than that. LOL Lets see how well RW does against the EASY Rams?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-27-2013, 5:56 PM Reply   
Dez Bryant is lucky he didnt get jacked in the face by multiple Dallas players. What a complete idiot.... The guy will never get it. Just clueless.

Props to Witten and Ware for lighting into him. If i was witten I would have blasted him in the postgame conference.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 3:51 AM Reply   
Looks like i win the picks again by default. Only one to pick all the games.You guys are EASY.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 4:23 AM Reply   
Week 9 picks

THURSDAY @8:25PM
CIN@MIA - Bengals

Sunday @ 1:00

ATL @ CAR - Panthers
MIN @ DAL - Cowboys
NO @ NYJ - Saints
TEN @ STL - Titans
KC @ BUF - Chiefs
SD @WAS - Chargers

SUNDAY @ 4:05

PHI @ OAK - Raiders
TB @ SEA - Seahawks

SUNDAY @ 4:30

BAL @ CLE - This is a tough one but i'll take the Ravens coming off the bye week.
PIT @ NE - Patriots at home

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:20

IND @ HOU - COLTS

MONDAY NIGHT @8:30

CHI @ GB - Packers
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Looks like i win the picks again by default. Only one to pick all the games.You guys are EASY.
Uhhhhhm...

When My Hawks win tonight I will be perfect for this week.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
I have been very critical of dez in the past, but i dont have too many issues with what he did yesterday. My only gripe about it, is the timing. I believe they had a lead at one point during his tirade. The cowboys have not had a vocal in game leader for i dont how many years now. Maybe since michael irvin? I love jason witten, but he isnt vocal during the games. Most teams who are succesful every year, have the in game vocalizer. Pats, (brady) ravens, (had lewis) steelers (had hines ward) etc. and what dez said about being as good as calvin, its just his confidence. He was asked by a reporter about calvin. Its not like dez brought it up. All taken out of context.

And mjfan ripping dez is laughable at best. Considering this guy was repeatedly defending chad johnson on this very site for many years. They are very similar players in personality, but dez is a much, much better player than ocho wife beater ever was.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
This week was weird because of lots of heavy favorites. If you were on the favorites either way you did good this week.

Straight up 9-2
Against Spread 7-4
Public betting 8-3.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
^^^hahaha. Hey Kettle, are you really calling out Ocho for being a wife better when Dez was arrested for hitting his own mother?!
Both are typical diva WRs. Big talent and bigger egos.
I think after yesterday no one will ever compare Dez and Calvin again. Cowboys played how they always do, lots of points/yards and losing in the end.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Yep. I said their personalities were similar. Dez is a much better player though. When dez changes his own name, i will add momma beater to the end of that too. I dont like most pro athletes and their arrogance, but i can appreciate talent.
And calvin is easily the best reciever i have ever seen. Moss probably coulda been better, but his issues got the best of him. Lets just see if calvin can be this good for a long period of time like jerry rice was. That would be something else.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
^^totally agree with all that. What made Jerry great was not only his talent and work ethic but he was on a great team with a great QB. Put Calvin on the Saints or Broncos right now and it would be insane. I don't think he will surpass Jerry Rice because Calvin takes big hits every game. Plus when Jerry slowed down a bit he could move inside to the slot and still be productive. Not sure if Calvin can do the same. Either way he's fun to watch.
As for Dez and the Cowboys, it seems like we go through this every year. Always some sort of drama in Dallas and I'm not talking about the TV show.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-28-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
And mjfan ripping dez is laughable at best. Considering this guy was repeatedly defending chad johnson on this very site for many years. They are very similar players in personality, but dez is a much, much better player than ocho wife beater ever was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2prqqAs00

Chad Johsnon was so unbelievable good it wasnt fair. Dude should still be in the league playing. He is STILL better than 75 percent of the WRs in this league.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2013, 4:02 PM Reply   
Waffling on tonight's game - Anybody's thoughts that actually wager and play spreads?

The line started at 9.5 and is now at -13.5/14.5.
Straight money went from -540 to -675
89% of public is on Sea giving the points, so they are having to throw up extra points to entice people to bet STL.
All the touts are on SEA.

Normally all these signs SCREAM to either avoid the game or take the underdog.

I had a monster weekend so wanted to rally it through today, but I see SEA should just kill STL.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Waffling on tonight's game - Anybody's thoughts that actually wager and play spreads?

The line started at 9.5 and is now at -13.5/14.5.
Straight money went from -540 to -675
89% of public is on Sea giving the points, so they are having to throw up extra points to entice people to bet STL.
All the touts are on SEA.

Normally all these signs SCREAM to either avoid the game or take the underdog.

I had a monster weekend so wanted to rally it through today, but I see SEA should just kill STL.
That's not a bet I'd make. Hawks have a patched together offense and even though St Louis's defensive line hasn't shown up this year this would be perfect time for them to play to the level they're capable of. That said, I think Beast Mode is going to wear them down in the second half and help the Hawks finish strong.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Uhhhhhm...

When My Hawks win tonight I will be perfect for this week.
Again only picking your division.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
So far the Rams are holding their own.Wilson is taking a beating,hope he doesn't turn into a Michael Vick. Beast mode must sill be in the shower.You guys better pray the Rams don't win. You will never hear the end of that.I'm sure even Dave will help me remind you of that UPSET!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-28-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
Wow, that was super ugly but I will take the win. Our Oline really needs Breno and Okung back. That Dline of the Rams is pretty sick though.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
Collective sigh of relief from the Seahawks fans. It's okay you can come back in off the ledge. No need to jump just yet.Ripe for the picking? Hell yeah,just think if Bradford was playing.Rams 38.09 minutes time of possession. Rams 339 yards to Seattles 135. Rams 23 1st downs to Hawks 7. Rams 200 yards rushing to Hawks 44. Stacy 26 carries for 134 to Lynch 8 for 23yrds.Wilson 10/18 for 139 and 2 TD's. They were lucky as hell to win this one.Ripe for the picking for sure.Leigon of hot air[gas].
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2013, 8:57 PM Reply   
7 sacks of wilson. where's the ice?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-28-2013, 9:37 PM Reply   
Go Hawks.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2013, 9:54 PM Reply   
damn. I like Jeff Fisher, but I dont like that call at the end. Trusting a career back up QB to throw a pressure TD in the final seconds, when your running all over them? yikes. oh well.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2013, 1:00 AM Reply   
I charted the Win Loss Percentage of competitors highlighting the top 5 power ranked teams.

It clearly shows that the Chiefs and Broncos have had it super EASY!
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-29-2013, 3:17 AM Reply   
So what's your point ? Your team got DOMINATED by a team with a losing record. You were VERY,VERY.VEY.VERY LUCKY to get that win.Just be glad your not the Jaguars,they have a tough schedule.